• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity dual monitors and DVI splitter

kinghippo

n00b
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
6
Hello

I just bought another Korean 1440p monitor and a new graphics card for my pc and I'm having trouble getting both monitors to work. I bought the XFX R9 280 under the assumption that it had 2 dual-link DVI ports but that is not the case.

I was thinking about buying a DVI to HDMI cable, but I think these monitors are not compatible with the cables. The product page says

Please use DVI-D port only. may not used with DVI-I or DVI-S. Also may not be used by port converter. (D-sub, HDMI, DP) Specifications

I read on a forum that it was possible to use a dual-link DVI splitter and extend the display across both monitors with Eyefinity in the control panel. I thought that a splitter would only mirror the display and not extend the desktop across both displays.

Has anyone tried this before or know if it's even possible?

Thank you!
 
Thank you ToastyX but I am mostly a linux user. I will give your patch a try on windows for sure though. It will be nice to see both monitors working.
 
Hello

I just bought another Korean 1440p monitor and a new graphics card for my pc and I'm having trouble getting both monitors to work. I bought the XFX R9 280 under the assumption that it had 2 dual-link DVI ports but that is not the case.

I was thinking about buying a DVI to HDMI cable, but I think these monitors are not compatible with the cables. The product page says



I read on a forum that it was possible to use a dual-link DVI splitter and extend the display across both monitors with Eyefinity in the control panel. I thought that a splitter would only mirror the display and not extend the desktop across both displays.

Has anyone tried this before or know if it's even possible?

Thank you!

I have a 7850, and only the top dvi port is dual link. You *could* buy an active displayport to dvi adapter though (last time I checked they were expensive).
 
Back
Top