• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Extracting exe file like it was a zip?

Seanpr123

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
317
Ok, quick question. How can I open an exe file and break down all the files inside? My cameras software is making me install this huge bloated package when all I need to the driver inside. Any help? Thanks
 
In the old days, you could pretty well rely on being able to do this with an uncompression utility. It's gotten more difficult with all the installer embedding that goes on now. What I often wind up doing is interrupting the installer after it's created a temporary directory of uncompressed files (ctrl-alt-del, "end task"). Then save the contents of the temporary directory. Good luck finding it sometimes! :mad:
 
Yes, well with WinRAR you can. Right Click on the zip .exe file and choose extract to ***
 
I need to modify a program that was writen for me to use at work by a 3rd party. My work company has sole rights to the program from what I understand. We were thinking about have the program modified after using it for about 3 years. The company is no longer in buisness and I thought about seeing what it would take to figure out how to modify it myself. I am pretty new to this type of work, but enjoy working with new things.

My problem is I cannot get either WinRAR or FilZip to extract the .exe. I have tried opening it in the program and even changing the file extension.

Any help is appriciated :)
 
darktiger said:
Yes, well with WinRAR you can. Right Click on the zip .exe file and choose extract to ***

I agree, I do this all the time. There is something about some third party installers I don't trust.
 
So are you guys just talking about zip.exe auto installers then?

I thought you were talking about extracting a program .exe. or setup file?

Any help with doing that?
 
Back
Top