Exploding Arrows In Super Slow Motion

I don't have hobbies this fun.
I want some guns.

Watching that watermelon, I can't help thinking what it would look like if someone's head caught that arrow. We should bring in some terrorist prisoners and try it.

Shewt, them Duke boys did this a long time ago! :D

Have to say, this guy is crazy as hell, taking a hell of risk of killing yourself playing with stuff like this. I used to work with explosives as part of a job, you usually only get the chance to make one mistake.

So much win. I wonder what types of explosives he was using.

Recreating favorite parts of video games? Really? Using a fucking bow and arrow when you have high tech weapons, and a god damn suit that turns you into a god is a favorite part?

Needs a little more help in his video proofreading though
STATS: The enhanced nano suit helps you asses, adapt and attack

"You don't need an assault arrow. A double barrel shotgun is all you need... If there are bad guys on the property, walk out on the balcony and fire a couple blasts from the double-barrel shotgun..."
Italics mine.
What moron in high office said that guys?

Interesting bit of the video is around 3:09-3:11 when the had his direct impact explosive, you can see what looks to be the arrow coming through the blast of the watermelon, it's even wobbling like an arrow does. Now if the explosives were on the front wouldn't the force of that kind of stop the arrow from continuing forward? Or did he try to pull one over on us by loading the watermelon up with explosives and just firing an arrow at it?

"You don't need an assault arrow. A double barrel shotgun is all you need... If there are bad guys on the property, walk out on the balcony and fire a couple blasts from the double-barrel shotgun..."
Italics mine.

Well in his defense the previous Veep shot someone in the face and it looked like a sounded like a good idea :D

I don't have hobbies this fun.
I want some guns.

Watching that watermelon, I can't help thinking what it would look like if someone's head caught that arrow. We should bring in some terrorist prisoners and try it.

I could see it creating quite a crater in someone's skull....im morbidly curious to see exactly what kind of damage it would cause....need to get the Mythbusters on it...

Interesting bit of the video is around 3:09-3:11 when the had his direct impact explosive, you can see what looks to be the arrow coming through the blast of the watermelon, it's even wobbling like an arrow does. Now if the explosives were on the front wouldn't the force of that kind of stop the arrow from continuing forward? Or did he try to pull one over on us by loading the watermelon up with explosives and just firing an arrow at it?

Depends on the shape of the charge...if the chamber containing the explosive was formed around the shaft then the explosion would radiate outwards and exert equal pressure on all sides of the shaft of the arrow allowing it to continue to move forward. The watermelon could also be acting as a buffer of sorts allowing the arrow to remain intact. Its possible that if it was detonated in air that it would blow the arrow apart.

Depends on the shape of the charge...if the chamber containing the explosive was formed around the shaft then the explosion would radiate outwards and exert equal pressure on all sides of the shaft of the arrow allowing it to continue to move forward. The watermelon could also be acting as a buffer of sorts allowing the arrow to remain intact. Its possible that if it was detonated in air that it would blow the arrow apart.

Yeah I was thinking about a radial explosion, although I would still think there would be some forward component... perhaps the cross section is so small that it is a negligible amount.

Italics mine.

Biden for 100 please.

So much win. I wonder what types of explosives he was using.

to get the bang he was getting with the small volume he had available, probably PETN, same stuff as in Det cord. very potent. detonation velocity is about 27,000 fps.

I used to work with explosives as part of a job, you usually only get the chance to make one mistake.

"What makes me a good Demoman? If I were a BAD Demoman I wouldn't be sittin' here discussin' it with ya, now would eye?" :D

You don't need explosives to make carbon arrows explode. A steel plate will do. Ask me how I know.:)

Back