Experience with ASRock?

lespaul50

n00b
I've been looking at a Z77 ASRock SLi capable motheroard for about $130. But that seems a little...too cheap. Anyone have experiences with ASRock stuff?

I have used asrock mb for years and never had a problem i couldnt solve

kyle &co. had bad experiences with their boards but i think their oponion now is not as bad as before

Been hit and miss for us. I suggest sticking to ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte and even the Intel DZ77GA0-70K I have on the bench now looks fairly badass.

I can't speak for the atx offerings but my Z77E ITX has been holding my 3570K at 4.5ghz all summer with no issues at all.

I've own a few Asrock motherboards in the past and I'm using their Z77 ITX board now.

Never have had a single issue. Rock solid and feature packed for less $$$!

Now that's not to say they DON'T have problems, but all manufacturers do. I know I've had my fair share of issues from all major players...well, except Asrock honestly.

Either way, I love my current motherboard...has EVERYTHING I could want and more, nice design, nice overclocks, etc, etc...plus it costs $50 less than Asus' comparable model and still has more features and I/O ports on the back!

Asrock has easily been a 10/10 company for me!

I 've been buying only Asrocks since the DUAL SATA2 socket 939. In total i must have bought around 10. I destroyed 2 on my fault, 1 DOA. Currently i like the one on my sig, that i bought 2 more.

Just be sure you test all ports when it comes, sometimes they come with a DOA component. If it's OK, then it will last you long enough that you won't care.

Never had stability problems on them, any instability was driver issue. I only moderately overclocked on some, but i do x264 video encoding almost 24/7 and i can vouch on their stability on stock settings.

The only bad thing is that i saw in USA they have 1 year warranty. In Europe they have 2 (as per european law)... But most likely than not, you won't need it if it's not DOA.

honestly can't speak for newer items but ive been running the dual sata 2 939 board for atleast 7 years with no problems.

The only bad thing is that i saw in USA they have 1 year warranty. In Europe they have 2 (as per european law)... But most likely than not, you won't need it if it's not DOA.

My Z77E-ITX has a 3 year warranty.

In fact, according to Newegg all Asrock motherboards I looked at just now have 3 year warranties.

My Z77E-ITX has a 3 year warranty.

In fact, according to Newegg all Asrock motherboards I looked at just now have 3 year warranties.

Ah, interesting! In this forum it was a usual complain that they had 1 year only. And i had looked up mine some months ago and it was 1 too. Maybe it's a new policy. Good for Asrock.

never had a issue with asrock but asus i have had more doa and high end boards from them that have died in under a year. never oc'ed, still died!! asus RMA department is a joke!!!

never had a issue with asrock but asus i have had more doa and high end boards from them that have died in under a year. never oc'ed, still died!! asus RMA department is a joke!!!

Does your nickname derive from "Asus die" maybe? :D

I 've only had 3 ASUS in my life. One i burnt it by mistake (hey, that's why you learn!), another i gave it to a friend (socket A) and it still running and a third was the most costly KT600 model of the time, which was...fine...except from the fact that the BIOS was resetting itself randomly (and it wasn't batter issue) and it was one of the first SATA boards and when i first connected the SATA cable and then removed it, the plastic cap of the motherboard came off together with the cable, leaving 3-4 i think thin metallic pins on the motherboard! I was shocked! I thought "shouldn't it be glued on the motherboard or something?" I managed to put back the plastic thing although bending a bit the pins and with the first occasion gave it to another friend and said "never again giving so much money for a motherboard" and started buying 2 cheap Asrocks at a time instead. I haven't looked back since then. :)

Can you easily overclock on ASRock? My asus board makes it super easy...

It was extremely simple to get my 3570k to 4.5ghz. I set the multi and adjusted the maybe 3-4 other settings like voltage and LLC. I could have easily set it to an auto OC of 4.4ghz and forgotten it but I find tinkering with settings fun.

If you ask if you can easily reach max overclocking, i don't know, i am not in extreme overclocking.

If you ask if it is easy to understand how to do it, then yes. If i did it, anyone can. BIOS even has an "automatic overclocking". Like 5%,10%,15%. You hit enter and it does it for you. You can also do it through Windows with dedicated software.

With my previous m-ATX 790g board, i was able to manually overclock my Athlon 605e from 2300 to 2700Mhz with only a tiny increase in voltage (i didn't want to up the voltage much).

Yeah mine comes with 4, 4.2, 4.4 Ghz presets in bios for overlocking SB chips. And it comes with overcocking software for windows like GB/Asus etc provide.

I loved my Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 the other day till a latest BIOS update borked it since I still had a Sandy Bridge CPU in it.. Having to order a new BIOS chip from Asrock with an older "compatible" BIOS version on it.. In the meantime I replaced it with an ASUS Z77 Sabertooth that's running with all the same components 100% with no issues.. Boo hiss on Asrock for a lame BIOS.. I found several instances of this happening across some other forums.. Wish I saw that before.. But oh well.. The Sabertooth is really sweet..

Back