• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Exactly which components in an LCD cause backlight bleeding?

Daggah

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
3,197
OK, so I have two Dell 2407WFPs. One has a broken screen from an impact, but before the incident that broke it, it did not exhibit any backlight bleeding. The other has a good screen but terrible backlight bleeding. What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to cannibalize parts from my broken 2407WFP to replace the defective components of the other 2407WFP? I bought the second one from a guy off ebay so I'm unsure the warranty status of it and whether I could get Dell to replace it or repair it...
 
Exactly which components in an LCD cause backlight bleeding?
The light, any gaps the light can escape through and the edges of anything that transmits the light through itself like the filters, glass.
Black paint on the inside of the LCD case can reduce some and black tape on anything you cant paint.
Take care not to block any airflow inside the LCD.
 
Generally as Nenu has said, it's a gap between the bezel and the LCD panel, or some other gap that is allowing the light to creep through the sides.

I have experimented on older monitors and found that in some cases, pushing the bezel into the panel by squeezing the top or bottom of the bezel, can help this situation. Never squeeze the panel though.

In fact, there is a DIY procedure to put tape between the LCD panel and bezel out there for the Dell 2005FPW which apparently fixes backlight bleed problems.


Regards,

10e
 
Back
Top