EVoLVE Official Thread

Just as long as they didn't sell their soul to 2K, I'm all in for their next project. I hope they have enough capital to self publish their next titles.

LOL

Evolve [Closed Beta] - Steam Charts

Evolve Stage 2 - Steam Charts

So much fail... from the pricing scheme... to the matchmaking system... to the imbalanced characters... to the F2P / P2P identity confusion... to the hacking...

This game was like one of those bad jobs that you don't want to put on your resume.

That's 2K's problem. 2K came up with all the DLC and microtransactions that scared everyone away. The community and the developer didn't want them in the game.

I played a lot of the Stage 2 re-release...sure it had some balance issues but I had a lot of fun as a Monster player...I bought the game when it first came out over a year ago but never really played it much until the ftp release...the game had great potential...I love the concept of asynchronous online games...looking forward to seeing what Turtle Rock comes up with next

That's 2K's problem. 2K came up with all the DLC and microtransactions that scared everyone away. The community and the developer didn't want them in the game.

That did kill it for a lot of people, I will say at least you didnt have to own it to play the same game. What killed it for everyone I know was the balance issues. Alpha was great with the Goliath, not perfect but it could actually be a hunt. And not just because no one knew how to play yet. Beta was better once they balanced out the Krakken and everything worked well with the unique and fun hero's.

From Wraith on balance never got aligned and people would just quit out of Wraith matches non stop. As players stopped playing Wraith as much and a few minor fixes were put in things got "okay" but not as fun. The new hero's were cool looking but the abilities felt like rehashes of what we had and were not balanced.

By time the first wave of DLC and Hero's came out I was the only one left playing out of my group of 10 :( Wraith killed it for them and the inclusion of more imbalance pushed me away.
Played 3 rounds of stage two, was interesting but the same problems were still there so :(

I thought they actually abandoned this game and shut down the servers. Interesting that you can still play it.

I thought they actually abandoned this game and shut down the servers. Interesting that you can still play it.

they did abandon it and stopped any future development or bug fixes...but the servers remained up and the game playable...I really liked this game a lot...loved playing as the Monster...really sad it never developed a large online player base

they did abandon it and stopped any future development or bug fixes...but the servers remained up and the game playable...I really liked this game a lot...loved playing as the Monster...really sad it never developed a large online player base

The problem was that they started pushing a ton of pre-order and later micro-transaction BS which turned everyone off to it, and the game died. They tried to right the ship later (I think I ended up picking up the "complete edition" with all the DLC stuff for like $10) but it was too little, too late. Plus, overall I think the gameplay got stale and devolved (lol) into running circles around the map to the point where the Benny Hill music started playing in my head.

Game's servers are being shutdown in September I guess you can't download the game anymore on Steam update I guess you can....I only seriously played the game at launch which was pretty fun for the few hours I did. Can't wait to see their next project I hope it does better.

I wonder if you are still able to play with AI? I guess I can see why they would shut it down but still, kinda sucks for anyone who put any money into it, though it is a couple years past its prime at this point.

They killed it themselves which sucks for those of us who really liked what it started out as :( Phase two had a lot of good but they again killed it with some poor decisions. I've played one or two rounds against bots but the changes in 2 are blah.

Too little too late. Loved all beta, especially once they brought the Krakken in line. At launch a ton of fun. First wave of new hero's well done and fun. From the Wraith on no thanks. Then they kill it with horrible hero's and remove the trackers role. I get why but you built the game around it :( This is the reason I will not give them any of my money. Great fun concept killed so fast lol.

I am curious why they brought it back this far on though...

Evolve 2 would be awesome I thought Back 4 Blood would be better than Evolve both have good stuff but Evolve had more impact.

Back