Evil's back up and running .... finally

EvilAlchemist

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
2,732
Well, been a long two weeks.

I have had my main rig & file server offline.

I have had most of the parts here for a while, but two of my TRUE 120's were semi lost by UPS. They were found and delivered today.

I spend all afternoon installing and over clocking.
Finally got my last two back up and folding.

I did notice one thing.
Most of my Q6600 are OEM. My new one in my main rig was a new retail version.

It has a VID of 1.2625.
Running @ 3.4 ... only takes 1.380v bios - 1.320v full load after vdroop.

Most of my rigs @ 3.4 take 1.4600 bios - 1.4200v full load after vdroop.

I don't know if intel is still making changes to the Q6600 or I just got a great CPU this time.
I tried to lower another Q6600 (OEM) VID 1.2725 and it crashes very quickly.Guess it is just the luck of the draw.

Still feels good to have the entire farm going.

I have a long fight to catch up to some of my rivals ...


 
I think there is a bit of a difference between the OEM vs Retail Q6600s. I only have one OEM and two Retail Q6600s but the OEM CPU I have does not clock as high as the Retail and also has a higher VID. All of them were ordered from Club IT and are G0s so I wouldn't say that is the difference. While I said I cannot consider this proof, it is a possibility.

 
Glad to hear all is up and running for you again my friend. It's so frustrating when things are working against you....

Here's hoping things stay stable for you... and Keep on Folding man!!!

 
You have had a lot of issues getting hardware there on time. Glad to hear that its finally all in place and can be used effectively now. :)


 
Grats Man now give Ax hell and retrun the mowing! :)

 
@ EvilAlchemist great news
Man, I'm sure glad one of the great folders on team 33 is back at it. :)

You know what they say "it's taboo to have down boxen trouble during "Chimp Challenge" week (an old martian proverb) :D

OBTW It's hard to humble when you're a foldin' fool. :rolleyes:

Gets the woman and children offa' the streets because tha' [H]orde is a' comin' thru. ;)

 
@ EvilAlchemist great news
Man, I'm sure glad one of the great folders on team 33 is back at it. :)

Not sure I am one the greats ... I just do my part to help the team!

It does feel really good to have my boxen back up and running.

Now, if I win the Hard DC of the year ... then i might be...put with so many good people on this team ... i highly doubt I would get that ...
 
I have a 1.325 chip and won't do anything over 3.4 w/ at least 1.47 after vdroop.

I may bump it up when I turn the AC on, but for now I just keep it at 3.2@1.36.

 
My new toy is vid 1.32 (retail box says 1.35v MAX :D) and did 3ghz at stock volts.....until I went for gold and started pumping more in. Rock solid 3.4ghz with 1.42v bios - 1.36vdroop. Might go lower volt wise but I wasted over 30 hours running prime instead of folding so I'll let it set there for the weekend and tweak setting more on monday.
 
Glad to hear you are settled :) I'm almost done myself, remain 1 boxen (missing a motherboard) and if I didn't receive it today, I'l pick the EVGA 650i I had laying around in the meanwhile so I'm ready for the Chimp Challenge with 5 quads.

 
Very glad to hear that you have settled in.

I am kinda curious about your VID question. I am (hopefully within the next 3 to 4 weeks) about to order 10 Q6600's. I would obviously like the lowest VID possible. I may start a thread to take a poll across other folders to see what they are getting.

Again, Glad to see you are at FULL STRENGTH!!!


 
Back
Top