EvilAlchemist...

Charlie_D

Gawd
I may not be able to stop you from passing me, but I'm going to try and make it as difficult as possible :D

If I can ramp up enough to get you off my radar... all the better :)

In the meantime, I'm gonna try and catch up to Defex

I look forward to the challenge.
Did not realize I was getting that close. Beside May is a long time away.
Maybe by then we will have our tax rebate checks and can upgrade!

Overtake1.gif

Not often someone with -600+ rank is listed as a threat!

** I also see you just added a Q6600. This might be a good fight for me....

hehe yup, I have a little breathing room :p

EDIT: Yeah, that addition is part of my 'hold him off' plan :D

don't push more machines.....i have nothing left to turn on and i want to pass you
guess i should try and find a power supply for my a64 3500.....

:p

Not sure how easy he will be to catch and pass. Word has it there are some..ummm…..errrrr outstanding deals on computers in Evil's town;):p:D

Evil..... you've been at this what, about 3 weeks.. right?

Great.

Me, over a year, and your about to run my ass over and there isn't a thing I can do about it....

Good job man...keep it up:)

Hmm, I recently got ran over by Charlie_D, schenksmill is about to hit me while I'm still down and as soon as I manage to get back up and dust myself off EvilAlchemist is going to hit me like a freight train. :eek: :D

I really need to get some new boxen up and running...

Trust me, the fighting gets much more vicious the higher in rank you go. I've been duking it out with a shitload of people the last six months or so just to barely inch forward enough not to get knocked down a few places. Hopefully my Q6600 will help me out in my endeavors (once I have the money to get it).

i just want to make the front page, then i'll be happy....keeping up with the joneses is too hard when i'm fitting all of these rigs in my bedroom :D

as I manage to get back up and dust myself off EvilAlchemist is going to hit me like a freight train. :eek: :D

Not sure If I am considered the cool new friend or the new bully on the street.

But non the less, I am gonna give it my all.

i just want to make the front page, then i'll be happy....keeping up with the joneses is too hard when i'm fitting all of these rigs in my bedroom :D

I put them in my living room. When I run out of space in here, I'm going to start putting them in my bedroom and my son's bedroom. :D

I put them in my living room. When I run out of space in here, I'm going to start putting them in my bedroom and my son's bedroom. :D

don't think my roommates would enjoy me having my computers all over the place, will have to wait til i move back on my own...used to have them in my dining room in my last apt.

where are you guys checking your ranks like that? turning up the heat over here too in an attempt to stay sub 2000 in rank, it must be hell in the 100s

either your hardfolding.com personal stats page or over at your EOC stats page, there's a listing for threats/attacks, as well as your team rank.

edit: for example, here or here

You have three months to ramp it up. Who knows what will happen in that time.
You migth decide to rob a bank and buy some servers
Overtake2.gif

Dell has a special running right now.
Dual - Quad Xeon's 2.4Ghz 8MB Cache Server $1,700.00 - 19.2 Ghz in One Box ......drool
I would love to have about 10 of these.

Dell has a special running right now.
Dual - Quad Xeon's 2.4Ghz 8MB Cache Server $1,700.00 - 19.2 Ghz in One Box ......drool
I would love to have about 10 of these.

Are you saying you've got 17k in cash to burn? i sure hope not because that's waste of money right there. Nonetheless a nice farm that'll be. All I want right now more than anything else is a stable SMP Client because then that'll allow me to borg my effective 17 C2D borgs with smp clients. :(

Regardless you are projected to overtake me within one and half years... This is unacceptable to me. I'm going to ramp up somehow so I'll have nothing on my tail... Hopefully for a while. How shall I ramp up? That's another matter I need to resolve.

You have three months to ramp it up. Who knows what will happen in that time.
You migth decide to rob a bank and buy some servers

If I didn't have a tuition bill coming in next week, I'd be throwing a cheap dual in my S939 box that needs a power supply, but unfortunately, that is life :D

may is about the earliest i'll be doing any more rig shopping, once i figure out where I'll be working over the summer (trying to pull a programming internship at MS), so until then I'll be plugging away at getting my rigs overclocked to their best

Are you saying you've got 17k in cash to burn? i sure hope not because that's waste of money right there. Nonetheless a nice farm that'll be.

I wish I had that kinda of money. Just one of those things you sit back and dream your could afford. PS ... that would be one "Heck" of a farm

***Notice Is Served***
Charlie_D - schenksmill - BobCoyote

I am coming for you ...... :cool:

If you don't want me to pass you ..... I would grab some towels and start folding

My personal goal is to hold you off until April 1st....if I can pull that off, I can be happy....gonna take some work though

Trust me, the fighting gets much more vicious the higher in rank you go. I've been duking it out with a shitload of people the last six months or so just to barely inch forward enough not to get knocked down a few places. Hopefully my Q6600 will help me out in my endeavors (once I have the money to get it).

Now wait, there is nothing vicious or competitive about this folding thing.

Just as soon as I recover from surgery from this one kidney I sold and put my new quad on line……….well, I’ll have more points.

As soon as they become proficient at cloning human body parts I think I’ll have a left and right zipper installed cause stitches are a bitch.:rolleyes:

Now wait, there is nothing vicious or competitive about this folding thing.

Just as soon as I recover from surgery from this one kidney I sold and put my new quad on line……….well, I’ll have more points.

As soon as they become proficient at cloning human body parts I think I’ll have a left and right zipper installed cause stitches are a bitch.:rolleyes:

Well my folding farm has only cost me an arm so far.
So i've got a leg to go ................. :p

Once my thumb heals up fully, I'll probably upgrade a bit more.
Going to be aiming at +4k per Box per Day.

Luck ................. :D

***Notice Is Served***
Charlie_D - schenksmill - BobCoyote

I am coming for you ...... :cool:

If you don't want me to pass you ..... I would grab some towels and start folding

That's it. Gauntlet is thrown eh? Well, eat my dust :) You just wait, I will not go gently into that good night!

I may as well serve notice of my own: Defex, I'm coming for you! :D

I'm pushing you back Evil, currently sitting at next November... this weekend, I go for the killing stroke! :D

I'm pushing you back Evil, currently sitting at next November... this weekend, I go for the killing stroke! :D

Don't think I don't have a few surprises left up my sleeve.

You will just have to wait and see.
All I can say is ... just keep checking that catch up date for the next week.

don't think my roommates would enjoy me having my computers all over the place, will have to wait til i move back on my own...used to have them in my dining room in my last apt.

Tell them they are space heaters and you're doing something nice for them by putting them all over the place. :D

Don't think I don't have a few surprises left up my sleeve.

You will just have to wait and see.
All I can say is ... just keep checking that catch up date for the next week.

Ahhh, but do I have a surprise or two of my own? Tune in next week to find out!

;)

Ahhh, competition does wonders :cool:

You are lucky I have been having a few problems with my farm.

Right now, Some WU's will hang after the " Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT" with the Linux x64 Client.

I have lost 4 WU's over the last 3 days. I have been in communication with the CD creator to see what can be done.

I hope that this can be resolved soon so I can get back to folding 100%.

Sorry to hear your troubles Evil, hope you get it sorted soon.

In the mean time... I'm still gathering for the counter strike :D

Makes me wish I could use some of the new 8 core C-class blades we are getting at work, it would be nice go get 6kppd on one box :D. Now imagine a fully populated chasis...

96kppd (16 x 6kppd) in 8u worth of rack space!

I'm happy that I just finally sorted out my personal SMP clients, I should be able to push 5500ppd now (as soon as the PS3 upload/download issue is resolved).

Evil Alchemist just showed up on my threats list as well with an early to mid August '08 takeover. I'm almost at 100% production so i'm hoping to atleast push you back another month!

Well, I was able to get all my borgs back online last night.

I have narrowed it down to (2) issues but have to keep watching to see which one it is.

I will post when I am 100% so others can make come changes if needed.

All of my diskless should complete WU's at 7:00 AM on 2/8 so i play the waiting game now.

got my quad stable at 3.1 (don't have time to test past there for tonight), so I'll be trying my darndest to hold you off past April 1 :D

got my quad stable at 3.1 (don't have time to test past there for tonight), so I'll be trying my darndest to hold you off past April 1 :D

Glad you got it up and running. I seem to have sparked a few upgrades on the team, all in an effort to hold me off .... what more can you ask from a new member!

I just hope i can sell theses to E2140 i don't need!

Glad you got it up and running. I seem to have sparked a few upgrades on the team, all in an effort to hold me off .... what more can you ask from a new member!

I just hope i can sell theses to E2140 i don't need!

i'll also be pushing my A64 3500 for a few hundred PPD once the PSU comes in, as well as trying for ~3.5-3.6 on the quad once I get some more time to work with it :D

edit: just from the initial timings, I'm set to gain about 900-1000 PPD on this overclock alone, with some more coming up this weekend, so that should help temporarily hold you off

Back