EVGA x58 Sli Le in CM Sniper

Tsuyashu

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I am in the process of building my new computer. So far I installed the i.o shield on the case that came with EVGA mobo. When I placed the EVGA mobo in, I found that it was extremely difficult to line up the board with the screws.

For all EVGA x58 owners, you know there is a rather thick padding on the i/o shield. As of now I screwed the board in with enough pressure to align the board with the gold screws but in the back the board is slightly off on the top of the i/o shield.

Does anyone have this kind of problem? solutions?

Hey guys, I am in the process of building my new computer. So far I installed the i.o shield on the case that came with EVGA mobo. When I placed the EVGA mobo in, I found that it was extremely difficult to line up the board with the screws.

For all EVGA x58 owners, you know there is a rather thick padding on the i/o shield. As of now I screwed the board in with enough pressure to align the board with the gold screws but in the back the board is slightly off on the top of the i/o shield.

Does anyone have this kind of problem? solutions?

I took the padding off and it fit/aligned perfectly in my antec 902.

But is it recommended?, so the main problem is really the padding and not anything else?
Anyone else want to chime in their 2 cents, before I start removing the padding?

First make sure the io shield is in all the way, it takes a decent amount of force. The important thing is that the motherboard is screwed in at all standoffs, in terms of the plugs lining up with the holes, centering isn't important and probably won't happen.

Yeah, in the beginning it took me awhile to push it all the way in without breaking it. It's fully in and I rescrewed everything. I suppose I shouldn't be nitpicky, I believe I can still insert usb cables in the 2 usb placers and touch the cmos.

However now I understand that the EVGA is not really suited for this case, and wouldn't recommend people combining these two. You can get away with it, but still.

I've never had that kind of padding on any I/O shield I've ever had...so I don't think removing it would cause any problems.

Haha, when I opened the box and checked it out, I was impressed with the padding( feels good on the touch) and felt more polished then usual i/o shields(I consider them flimsy). It's suppose to help with dust, anti radio frequency transmissions(lol), and promotes correct airflow within the case.

Yeah, putting the EVGA x58 SLI LE in my CM HAF 922 was a bit confusing. I put the standoffs in following the standard ATX layout from the case, but when I started screwing the board in I realized that there was one in the far left hand middle that didn't have a standoff. At that point I was a bit frustrated all ready and just left it there :p

Back