EVGA Titan In Stock!!!

Whats one is better asus or evga?

I rather wait for asus..

I have this gut feeling my 2600k will bottleneck this thing for some reason lol

Quick, someone stop me from making a decision I will regret when the bourbon wears off.

Eh why not. In for 3.
Oh come on. Limit one?!
No point in just running one.

Nah, slightly slower performance than a 3770K, but far from a bottleneck.
It would choke on a dual core chip though.

Heh, I sure hope not... i got it at 4.5GHz (although I can hit 4.8 under an h80i)... i'm this close to clicking the confirm button to buy right now hahha

Heh, I sure hope not... i got it at 4.5GHz (although I can hit 4.8 under an h80i)... i'm this close to clicking the confirm button to buy right now hahha

Should be OOS now so the decision has been made for you.
2600K is still a 1155 part and a top- tier quad CPU.

just put one in my cart, then laughed at the price and removed.

I do that a lot to get rid of the upgrade itch.

Build a system, etc in newegg/where ever, dream about it for 5 seconds before I realize I wouldn't see much of a difference in my current setup.

Tricking the mind. :D

So my friend was bragging about this GPU for a while, talking big about how hes saving up for it, then he sells a lot of his current and used stuff, ends up coming out of pocket $300 (he did land a sale I believe). Found out just now he only has a 1080p monitor (single).

I am laughing hardcore, on the inside but it was almost dissaterous if I didn't get out of that room immediately.

So my friend was bragging about this GPU for a while, talking big about how hes saving up for it, then he sells a lot of his current and used stuff, ends up coming out of pocket $300 (he did land a sale I believe). Found out just now he only has a 1080p monitor (single).

I am laughing hardcore, on the inside but it was almost dissaterous if I didn't get out of that room immediately.

I remember the 680 just blasting my 1200p monitor. I can only imagine the Titan.
But hey, he just bought a very hot knife to cut through soft butter.

Awesome. I just ordered eight of them for my two rigs (qual SLI). Had to create multiple accounts of course but whatever!

/sarcasm

My GTX 680 SLI rig struggles to run Crysis 3 with all of the in game options turned to their highest at 1920x1080. My FPS are in the low 40's.
The Titan would not be overkill at 1080p whatsoever.

My GTX 680 SLI rig struggles to run Crysis 3 with all of the in game options turned to their highest at 1920x1080. My FPS are in the low 40's.

I'm going to be running SLI Titans and I only game at 1920x1080. I ordered the EVGA Titan from Newegg about 3 hours ago and its in packaging with next day shipping. Should have it Tuesday. Also have the Asus Titan on preorder around noon yesterday so hopefully that ships soon as well.

Can I ask how some people are getting 40 FPS on Crysis 3 at 1080p with everything turned up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhWkbBX4Q4

I played it at 2560x1600 and I'm getting around 60 with software capture. So add +10-20 to that to get the real FPS.

Because they turn everything to Very High. The graphics are stupendous on High and trying to spot the differences in High and Very High is just ridiculous. Spending $2k is a better idea than turning some stuff down.

Don't get me wrong, I love spending money on PC components. However, even if I did eBay my $680s, to buy two Titans would still cost me more than $1k and if I went with one, I'd be losing a bit of performance. It's just not worth it for me. I did buy my 680s on launch day for $1k, but that was after I had sold my 580s on eBay and got back about $650 or so. Totally affordable.

Since I use surround I'm going to get the evga one when they restock, then another later this year. I was looking at the different models they're planning on releasing, and I think th asus one is clocked a little higher @ 915mhz.

Can't wait to see the numbers on the other versions they're releasing

My dad called me 20 minutes ago and told me he ordered 3 through 2 difference friends and himself.

I cant find one anywhere..with all the people crying about the price, I thought for sure I would be able to find one in stock....

I cant find one anywhere..with all the people crying about the price, I thought for sure I would be able to find one in stock....

I think you'll see some stock this week. Keep an eye out.

I was fortunate and got an EVGA model from Newegg when they had them in stock Friday evening. I also pre-ordered an Asus from Newegg on Thursday.

Well, I think Nvidia would much rather sell this as the K20 instead of the GTX Titan, but it looks like its pretty limited right now.

Good thing is it seems like the supply chain is slowly trickling in instead of being nonexistant. After the initial rush is gone if there is any left over I may try this out just for the compute power alone.

Even two of these would not be overkill for 1080p 120Hz.

Well I certainly beg to differ! With two 670s BF3 on ultra and map 64p doesn't dip below 100 fps... If you're honestly considering two of these and not running surround you should be slapped.

Well I certainly beg to differ! With two 670s BF3 on ultra and map 64p doesn't dip below 100 fps... If you're honestly considering two of these and not running surround you should be slapped.

I am sure there are those out there who want to run modern games using high levels of AA who also want 120 frame per second minimums.

A single 680 with all very high settings but only FXAA enabled will run Crysis 3 pretty damn well. I realize you want higher level AA options, but the reality is that if you aren't sitting there staring at things while standing still you should just lower it to FXAA and then you'll be looking at at least 80FPS with dual 680's.

A single 680 with all very high settings but only FXAA enabled will run Crysis 3 pretty damn well. I realize you want higher level AA options, but the reality is that if you aren't sitting there staring at things while standing still you should just lower it to FXAA and then you'll be looking at at least 80FPS with dual 680's.

Actually, it's in MOTION that it matters more as edges of objects stairstep-shimmer like crazy, and shader aliasing is obvious and crawling during motion. When standing still you notice it much less. And, most of the time you're going to be in motion, so higher level AA is hugely beneficial to the visual quality.

Actually, it's in MOTION that it matters more as edges of objects stairstep-shimmer like crazy, and shader aliasing is obvious and crawling during motion. When standing still you notice it much less. And, most of the time you're going to be in motion, so higher level AA is hugely beneficial to the visual quality.

I think fxaa is better for in motion honestly, but thats just my opinion.

I have two 680's and BF3 will still go into the high 80's, low 90's sometimes, no where close to 120fps minimum.

I would spend $1000 on a Titan right now if I could find one in stock. It would cost me an extra $500'ish, but I wouldn't have to agonize over my 7970 vs 680 decision.

Back