Heaven Benchmark v2.0

All MAX

Unigine2010-04-1000-02-52-92.png

Uniginesetings.png

Sanctuary Demo v2.2

Unigine2010-04-1000-20-49-69.png

Sanctury.png

Nice!

How'd you benchmark BC2? Or the other games, for that matter, as it seemed you only used 5-30 seconds of gameplay.

Nice!

How'd you benchmark BC2?

Go inside to play and run Fraps benchmark 3 times and all the test that doesnt have bench are done the same way. I put it for the last tests 90 sec. I had so many to do.... Ill run later 120seconds. But thats after i get some sleep...

Grats bro enjoy. I also posted in your thread over at the evga forums. :)

Ill try to run all the test later again , but first i have to get some sleep...

Great work on the benchmarks , no question its a fast video card. However have you taken out extra fire insurance? :)

There might be something wrong with your Just Cause 2 configuration - is there no SLI profile for this title?

Nice stuff man ;) I'm too busy playing games to post this kind of stuff.

Pure fucking ownage..OK,waiting for a fanATIc to start bitchin about power and heat..:rolleyes:..Cant wait till my 2 480s get here!!:D

Pure fucking ownage..OK,waiting for a fanATIc to start bitchin about power and heat..:rolleyes:..Cant wait till my 2 480s get here!!:D

uh... I can't wait to see nVidiot's start trolling...

oh wait, they already starting it.... :p

PS: my 8800 GTX just decide to malfunction today, guess I'll have to look for GTX 480 just for testing, if there is any around in-stock thats not zotac or galaxy... :(

Heaven 2
Factor 1.0
Scale 1.0
Distance 1.0
Normal tesselation

Unigine2010-04-1004-07-53-66.png

Heaven 2
Factor 0.5
Scale 0.5
Distance 1.0
Moderate tesselation

Unigine2010-04-1004-07-53-66-1.png

Heaven 2
Factor 1.0
Scale 1.0
Distance 1.0
Extremel tesselation

Unigine2010-04-1004-07-53-66-2.png

Just Cause 2

4XAA/16XAF

JustCause2_Game2010-04-1004-58-23-2.png

Just Cause 2

8XAA/16XAF

JustCause2_Game2010-04-1005-06-19-3.png

Lightsmark 2008
1920x1200

Lightsmark2008.png

Last edited:
Vantage eXtreme
PhysiX OFF

VantageXPhsyxOFF.png

Vantage Performance
PhysiX OFF

Vantage-P-PhsyX-OFF.png

Vantage eXtreme
PhysiX ON

VantageXPhsyxON-1.png

Vantage Performance
PhysiX ON

Vantage-P-PhsyX-ON.png

Last edited:
I say this lightly and kind of "nitpicky" of course ;)

Re: BobyTT's Just Cause 2 results.

At 1920X1200 with max eye candy and 8 AA, I really would have expected even one GTX 480 to tear this game a new one and have at least 60fps to say nothing about two of these brute force beasts working in concert in SLI mode.

I'm a little surprised at the results, not that those are "bad results" by any means!

I guess that makes me feel better if I put my lone GTX 280 SSC at the same resolution and max out the eye candy and go 4 AA instead of 8AA and see 25 fps. ;)

If anything this thread is making me think I ought to just stick with my 280SSC for at least another six months. I'm better off than I thought. :)

In all seriousness, though:

I expect that once some more mature drivers come out for these 480s that I would think even one GTX480 should be able to max this game out and hit 60fps to say nothing about two 480s in SLI mode at 1920X1200 at least and even 2560X1600.

Or am I being unrealistic?

"Just Cause 2

All MAX

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...22-57-08-2.png"

Ouch

thanks BobyTT, great numbers with BC2 and the temps with furmark are lower that what i was expecting.

my exact thoughts Q-BZ , beast cards for sure but not what I was waiting for so I’ll stick to my 285 SSC until something that runs games like JC2 at much higher fps comes out.

thanks BobyTT, great numbers with BC2 and the temps with furmark are lower that what i was expecting.

my exact thoughts Q-BZ , beast cards for sure but not what I was waiting for so I’ll stick to my 285 SSC until something that runs games like JC2 at much higher fps comes out.

http://www.evga.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=290438

^^ Unless these are the same people here's another person with basically the same results as BobyTT on Just Cause 2.

I really thought one GTX 480 would rip any game apart at 1920X1200, which is what I play at and why I've been considering a 480 for myself on the short list along wit an ATI 5870 or even a 5970.

To see those results with TWO 480s...$1100+ worth of GPU hardware...wow, you better believe the upgrade itch just slowed down on me real quick like.

I'm sorry, but for $1100 and TWO 480s you guys should be epically ripping a new ass in spades on ANY game at 1920X1200.

Even one should do it IMHO but who knows?

I can only hope that drivers will open this up before long...and I suspect they will...because if I spent $1100 on videocards and I saw that and I turned around and I saw a guy with a lone SSC coming in around 20 fps shy of me on basically the same settings I'd be pretty @#$%ing pissed myself.

I assure I'm not making this up and I'm not trying to stir up trouble. Believe me. I wish I were making this up.

The only thing I did differently was 4 AA instead of 8 AA and I come in at 20-25 fps. Bokeh on, everything on, everything maxed out at 1920X1200.

With one 280 SSC.

The more I think about it, the more I'm downright stunned.

EDIT: http://www.evga.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=290530

Kind of having the same conversation over there. This guy shed some light on some of this. I had no idea SSAO was so friggin' brutal.

His results there with a single GTX480 are far more along the lines of what I expected to see so the SLI guys should be kicking ass and taking names. :)

Last edited:
It's only Just Cause 2 though right? I'd just say it's another case of drivers not mature for a single title which happens to every videocard.

It's only Just Cause 2 though right? I'd just say it's another case of drivers not mature for a single title which happens to every videocard.

Certainly more than willing to grant that point but you have to admit looking at those results is worth taking pause for at least. Sure got my attention!

Can't wait for someone to post about surround. Curious to see results.

It's not supported/possible yet. I'm waiting for 3DSurrond support in the upcoming driver, but from what I've read, doesn't sound like it will be fully ready anytime soon.

Kind of ridiculous, however, that nV is advertising 3D Surround on the retail boxes and in ads.

Reading the thread I linked to stated the drivers that enable Surround are due this month.

This whole thread is shens without a Crysis benchmark, unless I missed it.

How fast are map loads in multiplayer BC2 DX11 mode compared to DX9 with that setup?

That is The One Unanswered Question we'd all like to hear, and grats on your haul (nearly spent 1.5 times that money on a single musical instrument the other week..)

(Funny people mention 8800 series cards just breaking down here too, just went by a Swedish forum to read up on Fermi availability and guess what, three guys had their 8800 originals die this week for no reason.)

Reading the thread I linked to stated the drivers that enable Surround are due this month.

Nvidia seems to bring out some worthy drivers with quality improvements for new games. Seeing these results with the first driver release is impressive, as it should only get better and better.

Back