EVGA RMA support.

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
Earlier this month I purchased a used 1080Ti locally for a good/great price. It ended up being faulty but still under warranty.

I registered it on the EVGA site and then called up EVGA. They asked me a few questions about it and then issued me an RMA.

I sent it off and once it got there, it was 2-3 days before they shipped out a replacement card (depending on how you look at the timeline).

As a replacement, they sent me an RTX2080 XC Ultra Gaming card. Card looks to be brand new to boot and was packaged very well in a closed cell foam container which was inside an EVGA box and then shipped in another box.

The new card works great and as this was my first time doing an RMA through EVGA I was really impressed with the excellent service.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to EVGA as companies that have good RMA service are getting harder and harder to find these days.

Yes, EVGA RMA is Excellent! A couple memory slots died in my 790i motherboard. They offered up a B350 / B450 Motherboard replacement can't remember which one. Declined the offer though and had them return it. Just lived with two mem slots.

Yes, EVGA RMA is Excellent! A couple memory slots died in my 790i motherboard. They offered up a B350 / B450 Motherboard replacement can't remember which one. Declined the offer though and had them return it. Just lived with two mem slots.

It's most definitely not always excellent. I went through a month of back and forth just to get a malfunctioning fan replaced for a 2080ti Hybrid CLC cooler. From telling me it was just fine that it wasn't controllable in Precision X1 to BIOS flashing bs which they never supplied, I honestly hope I never have to deal with their RMA process again.

It's most definitely not always excellent. I went through a month of back and forth just to get a malfunctioning fan replaced for a 2080ti Hybrid CLC cooler. From telling me it was just fine that it wasn't controllable in Precision X1 to BIOS flashing bs which they never supplied, I honestly hope I never have to deal with their RMA process again.
oh well i guess they are now 2-1

All good things eventually come to an end. I had my best RMA experience's with BFG. Awesome company, but they went broke and it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't related to their generous warranty. Miss those guys.

All good things eventually come to an end. I had my best RMA experience's with BFG. Awesome company, but they went broke and it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't related to their generous warranty. Miss those guys.

Best support in tech I've experienced has been Corsair. They aren't the fastest, but they've always come through for me.

I know a lot of people have had nightmare stories though.

Best support in tech I've experienced has been Corsair. They aren't the fastest, but they've always come through for me.

I know a lot of people have had nightmare stories though.

I've always had good RMA service from Corsair as well. Good point.,

EVGA, Corsair and BFG were always good to me. The few times I had to use Gskill RMA as well.

Sucks that you had to go through that. All of my RMA experiences with EVGA have been positive, at least on the side of dealing with support and getting replacements. Can't say I've always been overly positive about the quality of their refurbs. That said, no company is going to a 100% positive rating when it comes to support. There's always going to be issues somewhere.

Not to hijack the thread but I guess I'll update on my own evga experience here

I just opened a case with evga myself because my gpu went magic smoke :(. Interestingly, the ethernet, audio, and at least 1 usb header on my motherboard went with it.

My first thought was PSU but I can't find a damned thing wrong with the supply. Fully stressed the entire system with aida 64 and a higher TDP gpu and everything works absolutely fine. I could always scope it but do I really have to go that far? Is it ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for a GPU/it's VRM to die and dump a surge into the board?

A rep replied to my ticket and told me they only cover parts they sell (duh) and that it was probably my power supply because GPUs don't make power (.....), followed by the spiel about using the wrong cables on modular power supplies. I've never seen a GPU damage components either but damn.. I have a whole home surge protector and a perfectly operational hx850i, no signs of instability and at least without load the voltages read out fine with a probe.

Anyway, I felt a bit belittled by that response and just opened my RMA for the GPU. When I had to RMA with Corsair (h100i) they offered to have me send in my motherboard and other parts and were willing to pay fair market value for any damage it caused.

So what if you buy an EVGA PSU and it blows up taking your components with it? Sorry we only cover the power supply? Go buy new hardware? Maybe I'm just spoiled by corsairs response last time..

Hopefully I get the GPU sorted, but so far I think it's safe to assume they don't care about collateral damage.

[none of this is resolved yet, just my rant about how the process has me feeling thus far]

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread but I guess I'll update on my own evga experience here

I just opened a case with evga myself because my gpu went magic smoke :(. Interestingly, the ethernet, audio, and at least 1 usb header on my motherboard went with it.

My first thought was PSU but I can't find a damned thing wrong with the supply. Fully stressed the entire system with aida 64 and a higher TDP gpu and everything works absolutely fine. I could always scope it but do I really have to go that far? Is it ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for a GPU/it's VRM to die and dump a surge into the board?

A rep replied to my ticket and told me they only cover parts they sell (duh) and that it was probably my power supply because GPUs don't make power (.....), followed by the spiel about using the wrong cables on modular power supplies. I've never seen a GPU damage components either but damn.. I have a whole home surge protector and a perfectly operational hx850i, no signs of instability and at least without load the voltages read out fine with a probe.

Anyway, I felt a bit belittled by that response and just opened my RMA for the GPU. When I had to RMA with Corsair (h100i) they offered to have me send in my motherboard and other parts and were willing to pay fair market value for any damage it caused.

So what if you buy an EVGA PSU and it blows up taking your components with it? Sorry we only cover the power supply? Go buy new hardware? Maybe I'm just spoiled by corsairs response last time..

Hopefully I get the GPU sorted, but so far I think it's safe to assume they don't care about collateral damage.

[none of this is resolved yet, just my rant about how the process has me feeling thus far]

Considering everything that died was in close proximity to each other (if you were using the top PCI-E slot) it sounds to me like something went haywire on your motherboard. Sad to say though I'm not sure a motherboard oem would offer to replace your GPU even if their motherboard was the cause of your GPU death.

Considering everything that died was in close proximity to each other (if you were using the top PCI-E slot) it sounds to me like something went haywire on your motherboard. Sad to say though I'm not sure a motherboard oem would offer to replace your GPU even if their motherboard was the cause of your GPU death.

I'm sure everyone would try to blame it on the PSU and pass the buck as much as possible. I agree though I don't see any mobo manufacturer offering to replace the gpu even if it was pretty obvious the mobo caused the damage.

The only signs of any damage was a mosfet on the GPU burning up. Not really sure how a Mobo would cause that. I threw a pcie ethernet and sound card in and board has been fine running folding@home as a backup rig for quite a few weeks now.

Anyway gpu got replaced by evga and bought a new board elsewhere so it's all good.

Evga has great service and many happy customers and I will continue to support them

That was mainly due to XFX dropping support for their lifetime warranties, and not allowing the warranty to continue with the card after being sold. That was the main reason people bought their cards.

I still remember the time I spent on the phone with EVGA technical support at 2am in the morning. They stayed on the line with me while I completely disassembled and reassembled my rig outside of the case to see if it was a grounding issue. That made me an EVGA customer for life!

Completely agree with a fantastic experience with Corsair. Sandisk was a real PITA.

XFX used to be as good as EVGA. Not sure what happened but you rarely hear good things about them now.
When I got into computer building in around 2011 I bought xfx for this reason and unfortunately it really didnt last

That's amazing. Though maybe part of the reason such incredible RMA stories are not shared more, is that people don't wanna advertise this kind of stuff and inadvertently shooting other users' expectations sky high.

Either way, congratulations.

I kick myself for not buying an EVGA nvidia GPU the last time around. It will most likely be the brand I pick for my next card.

EVGA, Corsair and BFG were always good to me. The few times I had to use Gskill RMA as well.

Yes, with the caveat that they were excellent when they were smaller, hobbyist-oriented companies.
The days of Corsair's Yellowbeard just helping people out on random forums are sadly over now.
I've had some pretty horrible experiences with Corsair quality and support since those days.
EVGA is still excellent as far as I can tell though.

The days of Corsair's Yellowbeard just helping people out on random forums are sadly over now.
I've had some pretty horrible experiences with Corsair quality and support since those days.
EVGA is still excellent as far as I can tell though.
I couldnt agree more.Yellowbeard was a solid dude. It was a sad day when he passed away. You could always count on him to help get your gear working again.

Im a big fan of evga as well. It took a little over a week to get my x99 classified replaced.

When my GTX 570 kicked the bucket they replaced it with GTX 660 Ti (nice upgrade, cooler and quieter, more vram). I'm pretty sure the GTX 570 was over two years old at that point so I contacted EVGA EU directly instead of doing the RMA through the shop.

HOLY CRAP. I just remembered I sent a card in for rma last year and never got it back....

I need to find my info.....

Evga has hooked me up pretty well over the years with maybe 3 video cards and a ps for work machines.

Back