EVGA RMA: Need Help!

melteye

[H]ard|Gawd
My EVGA 8800GT Superclocked (512P3N802DX) recently stopped working (gibberish during POST and windows won't load with drivers installed) and I need to RMA the card. The problem is I don't remember when or where I bought this card!

I've been looking through my credit card statements and the only thing I can imagine it being is a purchase on 4/23/2009 showing up as "SHOPPERS CHARGE ACCOUN" in Mahwah, NJ for $207.00. This may or may not be when the purchase was made.

If anyone bought this card back in the day do you remember where you bought it? I've looked at my order history on newegg, tigerdirect, amazon... would anyone that has one as well tell me where you purchased yours?

Did you try to goto EVGAs web site you should have registered the card soon after you received it and they may have that information.

EVGA directly? Fry's? Micro Center? Possibly CompUSA (same company as TD but maybe different logins)?

you have to register with evga within 30 days to get life time warranty
not just magically have the life time without registering
check your account on evga

My EVGA 8800GT Superclocked (512P3N802DX) recently stopped working (gibberish during POST and windows won't load with drivers installed) and I need to RMA the card. The problem is I don't remember when or where I bought this card!

I've been looking through my credit card statements and the only thing I can imagine it being is a purchase on 4/23/2009 showing up as "SHOPPERS CHARGE ACCOUN" in Mahwah, NJ for $207.00. This may or may not be when the purchase was made.

If anyone bought this card back in the day do you remember where you bought it? I've looked at my order history on newegg, tigerdirect, amazon... would anyone that has one as well tell me where you purchased yours?

Do you remember if you bought it online or actually went to a store to buy it?

Thanks for the information everyone, the problem has been resolved.

As for the user's comment about not "magically" having the lifetime warranty I've had several products which I've forgotten to register RMA'ed after several years: so you and your sarcasm can go fuck yourself.

Uh...it actually is typical EVGA policy to have to register the card within 30 days to get their lifetime warranties though. If you didn't need to, more power to you, but telling someone to fuck themselves over something that wasn't wrong to begin with is uncalled for.

Do you need to have the receipt for lifetime warranty? I registered my 8800 GTS 320 but I can't find the receipt anymore.

I know atleast one person that was forgiven for not registering in 30 days, but unlike with registered cards, the replacement he received only came with a 30 day warranty instead of the continuation of lifetime

My apologies for earlier, I was out of line. I've been having a very bad week but I know that's no excuse.

I ended up sticking my card in the oven at 500 degrees for 5 minutes... works perfectly now.

so someone like myself tell you and point you the right direction as in check your evga account for warranty related info since you have to register to get lifetime and you tell me to go f* myself?
interesting

Sadly that does not last forever. See you in 2 months!

Hopefully it will last until I receive my first paycheck... that's all I care about right now. I have to use a heat gun periodically on my Xbox 360 as well... it seemed to only die when I have company over!

Last edited:
so someone like myself tell you and point you the right direction as in check your evga account for warranty related info since you have to register to get lifetime and you tell me to go f* myself?
interesting

My apologies. The information was appreciated I just took the sarcasm a bit harshly.

Edit: I've also sent you a message with a more detailed apology.

Last edited:
Yeah man, you have to get on top of registering your hardware right away. At EVGA I registered my card and also uploaded my receipt so that they have everything they need if I need an RMA.

yup got it and replied back
I understand
it is all good
unite [h]
apology accepted

Back