• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eVGA RMA Issues

AdvModDev

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
108
For the very first time I've had to RMA a video card. Resistor C138 on my eVGA 6800GT got burnt up while playing the FEAR demo...it locked up and then the mobo auto-shutdown w/ sirens and I could smell the "fried circuitry smell". Amazingly, the card still worked after that but I had to lower the core OC from 415 to 380 to avoid BSODs. Also, weird shit would happen in 2D, like periodic full-screen shaking and refresh rate resetting.

Anyways, why does eVGA's RMA suck? Why do they have to use the absolute shittiest service on this planet - UPS ? I find it reasonable that they make you pay for shipping to them but they also make you pay for return shipping? WTF? Does BFG do this? I've RMAed an Abit mobo and an Antec power supply and they don't charge you for return shipping. And they charged me $10 for this. I went to UPS and they calculated it should only cost $6.83 at most from eVGA to my house. WTF.
 
chaintech makes you pay for return shipping as well.

i don't care what it takes, as long as you get it back in a timely manner and have been given easy to follow instructions how to RMA it...
 
I don't understand the concept of making the customer pay for the return shipping.

If a customer is returning a defective card, which could be his fault, the company should have some form of respect and pay for the shipping themselves. Afterall the card was released after being checked and tested.

Return shipping should be automatically paid for by the company.
 
eVGA and XFX are both on my personal shitlist.

Still running BFG 5900NU now bios mod to 5950 since QuakeCon 2003 without any problems. Arriving tomorrow is my new BFG 7800GT and as always I expect it to be of the highest quality and should never have any problems with it. Ive been running an eVGA 6800GT because a friend of mine conned me into buying it, its a decent card but I wasn't too impressed with it.
 
dR.Jester said:
Ive been running an eVGA 6800GT because a friend of mine conned me into buying it, its a decent card but I wasn't too impressed with it.

He 'conned' you into buying a 'decent card' and now the company is on your shitlist?
 
Lets see you overclcoked and fried your card and most companies would tell you to pound sand and yet EVGA will replace the card and it only will cost you 20 bucks........................what is wrong with this picture?


You come off as a bit a spoiled brat to me
 
I'm sorry, I didn't notice he overclocked his card.

All I gotta say is, "Well ain't that a bitch ?"
 
jacuzz1 said:
Lets see you overclcoked and fried your card and most companies would tell you to pound sand and yet EVGA will replace the card and it only will cost you 20 bucks........................what is wrong with this picture?


You come off as a bit a spoiled brat to me

The resistor burned up.....I'd guess that the problem wasn't directly caused by overclocking.
 
It can't be ruled out though. And he does come off as a bit "spoiled".
 
If they dont want you to overclock them,why do they give you an overclocking tool with the card. AND tell you how to do it in the manual.
 
My point is that the title is a bit harsh

EVGA clearly states its rma policy before you purchase and given the situation with this card paying shipping both ways , while not ideal cetainly does not warrant acting like EVGA is a criminal organization
 
You were running a GT at 65MHZ over stock and you got pissed becasue it blew up? You are lucky evga's even taking that thing back.
 
You can't put BS in the title.
(7) No CUSSING in the thread title. It is permitted in the thread body, but please refrain from using excessive profanity dammit.

I'm pretty sure that includes WTF OMFG WTH POS and other stuff.
 
ray4389 said:
You can't put BS in the title.
I'm pretty sure that includes WTF OMFG WTH POS and other stuff.
Actually, I'm pretty sure he can put BS in the title, and the fact that he did put it in the title without the universe imploding seems to suggest that it is possible.

As for whether it is allowed, I have seen plenty of other threads with such abbreviations in the title that have existed without consequence. I have recently started one such thread myself. So even if the concensus is that the OP is a little bitch, I don't think nit picky issues like the use of "BS" in the thread title are worth pretending to be a moderator over.
 
CMAN said:
If they dont want you to overclock them,why do they give you an overclocking tool with the card.

If that isn't flawed thinking I don't know what is. Can't figure if it sarcasm or not. Should all cars have automagic mechanisms that limit your speed based upon the posted speed? Yes...the world must protect your from your own stupidity...I know I know. If you can't figure out that pushing a device beyonds it posted specificaitons may result in shortened life then you give your computer to somebody

eVGA's motto isn't "we'll pay for your screwups". It is "pay for shipping and we'll replace your screwup". I still call that a pretty good deal.

But also...if you break something from Target and you got to get it replaced do you bill Target for the gas/wear to go to and from there? eVGA policy is valid and reasonable...but it may not be to your "ideals".

The only thing you are guranteed by the federal law is 90 days replacement which is prevent total and complete garbage from being sold. I think california is 1 year (love democrats sometimes)

-tReP
 
worst i've ever seen RMA wise is PNY i got a semi dead 6800gt like one week out of the one year warrenty --and its turned to totally blue crap --called-wrote begged complained and cajoled to pny--no go no way jose on the RMA .

i would gladely pay shipping if they would just make the card right--fix it referb it whatever.

so E-vga looks pretty good to me --had you had a PNY you would likely be stuck with a dead vga-card :eek:
 
jacuzz1 said:
Lets see you overclcoked and fried your card

The card is 3 months old and mildly OCed with more than sufficient cooling. The single resistor C138 burning up was not caused by OCing.

and most companies would tell you to pound sand and yet EVGA will replace the card and it only will cost you 20 bucks........................what is wrong with this picture?

No, most companies would accept an RMA within the warranty period like every other respectable company. But most also pay return-shipping; this is the standard. EVGA not only charges for return-shipping, but also charges more than the actual cost. Seems like eVGA is trying to minimize losses from their defective products.


And to all you self-righteous hypocrites that say RMAing an OCed product is morally inept: don't think...not even for a nanosecond...that you would'nt do the same thing for your $400+ cards.
 
AdvModDev said:
And to all you self-righteous hypocrites that say RMAing an OCed product is morally inept: don't think...not even for a nanosecond...that you would'nt do the same thing for your $400+ cards.

cept for the dude that made a keychain out of his 6800ultra cuz he didnt want to rma an oc'd card :)
 
AdvModDev said:
The card is 3 months old and mildly OCed with more than sufficient cooling. The single resistor C138 burning up was not caused by OCing.



No, most companies would accept an RMA within the warranty period like every other respectable company. But most also pay return-shipping; this is the standard. EVGA not only charges for return-shipping, but also charges more than the actual cost. Seems like eVGA is trying to minimize losses from their defective products.


And to all you self-righteous hypocrites that say RMAing an OCed product is morally inept: don't think...not even for a nanosecond...that you would'nt do the same thing for your $400+ cards.


Hey, Mr.Fancy Pants.

If you can't afford to replace a $400 dollar card, You shouldn't be OCing it in the first place!

D'uh

Beware everyone, I think we have entered the dreaded
idiot.png
 
Zinn said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure he can put BS in the title, and the fact that he did put it in the title without the universe imploding seems to suggest that it is possible.

As for whether it is allowed, I have seen plenty of other threads with such abbreviations in the title that have existed without consequence. I have recently started one such thread myself. So even if the concensus is that the OP is a little bitch, I don't think nit picky issues like the use of "BS" in the thread title are worth pretending to be a moderator over.


ROFLMAO .priceless
 
JSF35rhino said:
worst i've ever seen RMA wise is PNY i got a semi dead 6800gt like one week out of the one year warrenty --and its turned to totally blue crap --called-wrote begged complained and cajoled to pny--no go no way jose on the RMA .

i would gladely pay shipping if they would just make the card right--fix it referb it whatever.

so E-vga looks pretty good to me --had you had a PNY you would likely be stuck with a dead vga-card :eek:

U were out of warranty, they have no reason whatsoever to cover you. It's quite unforunate to have that happen so soon after the warranty expires, but tough cookies ;(
 
Komataguri said:
Hey, Mr.Fancy Pants. If you can't afford to replace a $400 dollar card, You shouldn't be OCing it in the first place!

I don't know why I'm responding to someone who calls people "Mr. Fancy Pants", but the burnt resistor was not caused by OCing. Oh, I can afford to replace it and then some, but I'm not a sucker. Rich people don't get rich by stupidity and/or indifference to frugality.

It's not the actual cost of this RMA that I call BS, but the principle. Standard practice calls for companies to pay return shipping. And those that do not should charge an amount equal to actual cost. Not more inorder to cover RMA losses, which is what eVGA is doing.

Edit: I see the mod powers that be have changed my thread title...so be it.
 
PNY is on my list . :eek: wen i bought the thing it was supposed to be a lifetime warretny.--but after i got the thing it paperwork indicated only 1 year--.i'll never buy another PNY thats for sure.
 
Nevertheless, you kiss all RMAing ability good bye when you overclock a card. You're just cheating the system because something that is "supposedly" unrelated fried your video card. Best of all, despite your warranty voiding acts, eVGA decides to take in your RMA, and only expects you to pay the nominal fee for shipping. That's a pretty sweet deal considering any other company would spit on you once they realized the card was overclocked.

eVGA has some of the best service I've ever dealt with in general. They're so freakin' great that I called up the marketing manager who is on this forum and told him how I paid over MSRP for my 7800 GTX and they just released a KO for the same price, he offered to swap my GTX for a brand new GTX KO, and all I had to do was pay for the shipping back. If that isn't 1st class customer service, I don't know what the hell is.

When people like you ruin video cards then RMA them, it drives up the cost in general and forces non-cheating customers to pay the price.
 
neubspeed said:
When people like you ruin video cards then RMA them, it drives up the cost in general and forces non-cheating customers to pay the price.

For the last time, the single burnt resistor was not due to OCing.

People who run their hardware at default shouldn't be members of this forum.
 
When people here burn they're cards, they make them into keychains. They don't send them back for replacement.
 
AdvModDev said:
For the last time, the single burnt resistor was not due to OCing.

People who run their hardware at default shouldn't be members of this forum.


Why?

This site is about computer enthusiasts.



Not just overclocking.
 
I can't believe this guy rips on a company willing to replace the card that he burnt up OCing. What a greedy cry baby. Pay the $10.
 
neubspeed said:
When people here burn they're cards, they make them into keychains. They don't send them back for replacement.

Sure, if they fried their GPUs, due to extreme v-mods and such. But if they don't RMA due to a defective card, then it is out of social vanity or simple stupidity.
 
AdvModDev said:
For the last time, the single burnt resistor was not due to OCing.

People who run their hardware at default shouldn't be members of this forum.

You aren't winning any brownie points here thats for sure.
 
AdvModDev said:
Sure, if they fried their GPUs, due to extreme v-mods and such. But if they don't RMA due to a defective card, then it is out of social vanity or simple stupidity.


Voided warrenty is voided warrenty.


The components don't carry individual warrenties on each resistor, chip and what not.


The card itself carries 1 warrenty as a whole, and overclocking violates that warrenty.


end of discussion.
 
AdvModDev said:
Sure, if they fried their GPUs, due to extreme v-mods and such. But if they don't RMA due to a defective card, then it is out of social vanity or simple stupidity.

Ok, tell eVGA how you feel about the shipping (and how other companies don't have this sort of policy) and they may eat the $10 that you obviously can't afford, but also mention how you overclocked the card using a 3rd party unsupported program or registry hack but in your professional opinion, this was certainly not the cause of the card frying. Please provide the wav file on this forum tomorrow. I can't wait to hear it.
 
synergyo1 said:
You aren't winning any brownie points here thats for sure.

I'm not understanding your comment.

I'll say it again, people who run their cards at default are not "[Hard]". Period.
 
Not to join in on the stomping thats going on, but a 20% OC on the core isnt minor as you stated. I really dont get your problem to be honost. I see three levels to this situation:

Card was not modified by you in its use, it broke, you pay fee of 20 dollars
Card was modified by you in its use, it broke regaurdless of if it was from you did not not, you pay fee of 20 dollars.
Card was modified by you in its use and eVGA decideds on that basis to decline RMA so you can get a new card.

If you had done nothing to it, again regaurdless of its malfunction being caused by what you did, this thread would simply be you making a pretty annoying whine. But you are actually silly enough to say that you also had a 20% OC on the core going and who knows what on the memory and you're angry at a rather minor replacement fee when they have every right to DECLINE your RMA request? Think! Ask mom and dad for your allowance early this week and suck it up.
 
There's no proof you OC'ed your cpu, so I guess then you're not [H]. Oh and well, did you overclock your sound-card and soft-mod the BIOS to include EAX 5.0? Did you overclock your power supply to pump that extra juice out for the money? Bitch please lol. :p

Then there's some of us who will spend the money if they want a 6800 ULTRA instead of those that buy a GT and oc to an Ultra (not ratting on you guys, it's a good idea, but if it burns the card, you'll know why), so I guess anyone that buys something at the clock speed they want isn't [H] eh? Admin, ban me from the forum because I bought an FX-55 instead of ocing the shizzy out of a 3000+ venice. :eek:

It's better to look stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
 
neubspeed said:
Ok, tell eVGA how you feel about the shipping (and how other companies don't have this sort of policy) and they may eat the $10 that you obviously can't afford

It's not the amount...ok it is the amount...since it's more than the actual cost. But at the end of the day, it's the principle . eVGA claims to be superior in customer satisfaction but their RMA policies don't reflect that. I'll bet BFG pays for return shipping and if they don't, they wouldn't try to cover their losses by charging more than actual cost.
 
Hard Forum Members

I'd like to clarify EVGA's RMA shipping policy.

First of all, return shipping is the responsibility of the customer, and that is clearly stated in our RMA terms and conditions. On a few occasions that are deemed special cases, EVGA, at our discretion, will waive the associated shipping charges. On our retail packages (products ending in AX, DX, FX), ground shipping is provided for free.

Secondly, the shipping cost is calculated to ensure that the customer is paying only what it costs to ship the product. We are not trying to regain losses from RMAs through increased shipping costs. What you may have not calculated into your shipping estimate, is that every shipment is assessed a $2.75 charge for adult signature required, which is required on all of our RMA shipments, and also shipping insurance charges. Considering your estimate of $6.83, add to that the adult signature required fee and insurance costs, $10 is what it cost to ship the product.

Please see our website for the complete RMA terms and conditions. If you have any further questions, you can always email me directly at jdarwin@evga.com and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. http://www.evga.com/rma

Joe Darwin
Director of Technical Marketing
jdarwin@evga.com
 
neubspeed said:
There's no proof you OC'ed your cpu, so I guess then you're not [H]. Oh and well, did you overclock your sound-card and soft-mod the BIOS to include EAX 5.0? Did you overclock your power supply to pump that extra juice out for the money? Bitch please lol. :p

It's better to look stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Couldn't have more clearly illustrated your own point.
 
Back
Top