eVGA kicks butt!

neubspeed

Gawd
With all the company bashing, cash grabbing threads I've seen lately, I thought I'd post my experience with eVGA as a heads up that not all video card companies are trying to screw you. I bought my 7800 GTX on launch day like many of you for way over MSRP lol (think around $619 + shipping) and the first thing I could grab was an eVGA card (I actually wanted BFG because of the higher memory but with the 6800 Ultras, eVGA released a BIOS a few weeks later matching BFG speed so I thought what the hell). A few weeks passed, no sign of a new BIOS, and my card couldn't even hit 1300 mhz memory on air. so I sat on my hands and lived with it.

Then eVGA released the KO card with the crazy clock speeds and ACS3 cooling system (love it or hate it, it's better than stock). To say I was freakin' pissed was an understatement, especially consider this card was below MSRP off the bat and I was stuck with this low strung card. Finally, the new eVGA guy popped up on [H] and said we could address all complaints to him. So I wrote him an email asking to step-up and saying how I payed over MSRP etc etc. and also I couldn't afford to use the conventional step-up program because I use this computer for work and don't have another PCIe card while I wait.

Believe it or not, I got a reply, basically saying that all I had to do was pay for shipping of my old card back and they would advance ship me a KO edition. So here I am with my new shiny KO card, and it only cost me a trip to UPS. Best of all, I didn't get some dude in India giving me a hard time on the phone, I didn't even have to fight for it. That is customer service. :p

This is how it's supposed to be! Every company trying to do all they can to please their customers. I wish more companies had official representatives on this forum (AMD, Asus, DFI, Intel, XFX etc.) :)

denG! - thats one more cause to pick up the 7800/MOBO combo from eVGA! u're gonna make me broke

neubspeed said:
With all the company bashing, cash grabbing threads I've seen lately, I thought I'd post my experience with eVGA as a heads up that not all video card companies are trying to screw you. I bought my 7800 GTX on launch day like many of you for way over MSRP lol (think around $619 + shipping) and the first thing I could grab was an eVGA card (I actually wanted BFG because of the higher memory but with the 6800 Ultras, eVGA released a BIOS a few weeks later matching BFG speed so I thought what the hell). A few weeks passed, no sign of a new BIOS, and my card couldn't even hit 1300 mhz memory on air. so I sat on my hands and lived with it.

Then eVGA released the KO card with the crazy clock speeds and ACS3 cooling system (love it or hate it, it's better than stock). To say I was freakin' pissed was an understatement, especially consider this card was below MSRP off the bat and I was stuck with this low strung card. Finally, the new eVGA guy popped up on [H] and said we could address all complaints to him. So I wrote him an email asking to step-up and saying how I payed over MSRP etc etc. and also I couldn't afford to use the conventional step-up program because I use this computer for work and don't have another PCIe card while I wait.

Believe it or not, I got a reply, basically saying that all I had to do was pay for shipping of my old card back and they would advance ship me a KO edition. So here I am with my new shiny KO card, and it only cost me a trip to UPS. Best of all, I didn't get some dude in India giving me a hard time on the phone, I didn't even have to fight for it. That is customer service. :p

When I called them a few weeks back, they didn't say that - and I've got 7800 GTX's sli - oh well, no sense whining now. Cool beans, it's nice to know that kind of support is there if I ever needed it.

I can also atest to the Kickassness of EVGA, I just bought two of the 7800GTX cards from them for my SLI rig and have had nothing but gaming bliss ever since they arrived :)

Wow, I can't believe they would do that. I've never heard of a company sending out a card to someone for free, trusting the customer to send their old one back in good condition.

I've been waiting on seeing some AC3 reviews to see if I should "step up". So far, I've been loving what I have. eVGA has done a good job for me.

i had ordered the 7800gt(445/1070 stock)/free evga sli mainboard from monarch, but they told me deal was off - no more mainboards (funny how the same mainboard was in stock if you paid the $170 for it) anyway, called evga sales and they must have straightened monarch out because suddenly they had the boards and deal was back on. waiting for shipment of mine, prob tuesday, at which point i can finally swap out that pos ultra d.

very truly yours,
politenessman

ps anyone been able to enable pipelines yet?

TheJackal said:
no swearing in thread titles.

nice to hear that about evga.

He didn't swear...ass is a donkey...or didn't you know that :D

Anyway...wow on that upgrade. You can't beat customer service like that.

do eVGA sell cards in Australia..?

cuz i would love to get my hands on one of the gf7 series....

Tyrant222 said:
that is awesome of them.

meanwhile I feel so midrange with my evga 6800 ultra.

Bah! n00b! I'm still using a 9800 pro. I'm going to upgrade to a 6800GT later this year! :p

What is that eVGA guys name? I had problems registering my 7800GTX and I never got my confirmation email so I have no idea if I even qualify for the Step-up program. I tried emailing their customer support but I never got a response. Panda Antivirus thought their confirmation email carried viruses in it so it deleted it :(

perp said:
i had ordered the 7800gt(445/1070 stock)/free evga sli mainboard from monarch, but they told me deal was off - no more mainboards (funny how the same mainboard was in stock if you paid the $170 for it) anyway, called evga sales and they must have straightened monarch out because suddenly they had the boards and deal was back on. waiting for shipment of mine, prob tuesday, at which point i can finally swap out that pos ultra d.

very truly yours,
politenessman

ps anyone been able to enable pipelines yet?

BTW, where is this special on Monarch? I'm looking and don't see it.

Never mind...finally found it :cool:

I am very happy for you but I must admit that i am a little miffed since i applied for a step up to the KO weeks ago and am still waiting ..............WTF

I'm tempted to do that, but I think I'm just going to wait until just before the deadline for my Step-up deal. If the Ultra comes out within that time, I'll just get that. If it doesn't, then I'll go for a KO.

I just spoke to them and its all good. It was my fault , my email filters were a bit to aggressive lol

I'm waiting on my card to arrive...ordered an EVGA 7800GT w/ BF2 from newegg. It'll probably be here monday.

Just to clarify a post, no they did not "trust" me, I signed a credit card authorization form for $599 if I decide to run with the GTX lol.

yeah eVGA rocks... my 6800GT has always been reliable and has never given me problems.

That's awesome.
I was considering both them and BFG. Looks like I can't lose. Though I wont be getting my new card for a couple more months. :(

I've had similar experiences from OCZ (they upgraded my PSU when I RMA'd one).

Nice. I decided to go with eVGA recently as a replacement for dead AOpen card - hopefully they're as good as these forums make them sound.

DarkCyber said:
He didn't swear...ass is a donkey...or didn't you know that :D

Anyway...wow on that upgrade. You can't beat customer service like that.

and that's why the thread title changed to "butt"? lol

TheJackal said:
and that's why the thread title changed to "butt"? lol

Sheesh, dude sorry if I offended you with the word ass, perhaps you should remove that gigantic metal rod from your ass and relax a little. If admin found it harsh, they could have and did change the title. I won't use the word ass in thread titles anymore, even if I was referring to a donkey :D

Wow, this is the second good-ending story I heard relating to eVGA on these forums. IIRC, the other one was about a guy that RMA'ed his BFG card, but there were difficulties in the process, and he was going to get deployed soon (so time was a relatively big issue for him). He eventually told eVGA about his endeavor and they stepped up and sent him a replacement card! Very friendly service from the looks of it.

I'm definitely looking at eVGA for a future upgrade.

neubspeed said:
Sheesh, dude sorry if I offended you with the word ass, perhaps you should remove that gigantic metal rod from your ass and relax a little. If admin found it harsh, they could have and did change the title. I won't use the word ass in thread titles anymore, even if I was referring to a donkey :D

nah, it didn't offend me, it offended [H] rules. i didn't report it or anything so that may tell you something.

With the way customer service has been going at Evga, and the fact that they are now offering pre-overclocked cards, means that it is safe to say that BFG is no longer the best company to buy a GPU from.

HOCP4ME said:
With the way customer service has been going at Evga, and the fact that they are now offering pre-overclocked cards, means that it is safe to say that BFG is no longer the best company to buy a GPU from.
QFT

I wonder if they do this kind of thing one in a thousand times just to get good press on forums like this. :)

Even if so, they still seem like a good company.

Back