EVGA GTX 980 Ti as low as ~$590 @ Jet.com

Do they give you the game code, though?
Last time this deal popped up, most of the orders were fulfilled by Newegg in which case you could talk to CS and get the code. If you buy the card and they fulfill from someone else, then you're screwed.
I guess you could always try contacting the store who fulfilled the order and ask them for the code.

Do they give you the game code, though?

Last time this deal popped up, most of the orders were fulfilled by Newegg in which case you could talk to CS and get the code. If you buy the card and they fulfill from someone else, then you're screwed.
I guess you could always try contacting the store who fulfilled the order and ask them for the code.

So, I bought when this came around the first time and I was shut down by newegg twice. They just wouldn't budge since the email they had for the purchase order was a Jet email. I emailed jet from someone else's advice and Jet forwarded the game code to me, but I heard others getting denied. So definitely don't jump on this if the game code is a big deal since it is definitely not guaranteed.

How the hell they even make money. I paid around $620 and they fulfilled from Newegg for $729.99.

They aren't making money currently. They are losing tons currently for the purpose of customer acquisition.

Man I've heard a whole bunch of bad shit (tm) about jet.com over on Slickdeals, I'd have steered clear of this deal anyway...

Man I've heard a whole bunch of bad shit (tm) about jet.com over on Slickdeals, I'd have steered clear of this deal anyway...

It's fud, jet is venture capital funded. Slickdeals also has users adamant that shopping at Rakuten and paying via PayPal isn't safe.

it didn't take long for that site to follow the buy.com path...

I got my card off Jet for $615 and everything worked out fine. PC Rush ended up fulfilling my order, didnt get the game code though.

Mine shipped today showing "Fulfilled by HPP Enterprises" ... never heard of 'em. Seems like they're an Amazon store. I figure my odds at getting a game code are essentially zero. Ah well -- you win some, you lose some.

Like what? I've had nothing but great experiences with Jet.com. I trust them (the most well-funded start-up in over a decade) over anything Slickdeals has to say.

Back