EVGA GTX 580 SC binned?

eddieck

Gawd
I'm thinking they couldn't be considering how quick this launch was from announcement to sale, but maybe they bought pre-binned cards from NVIDIA. Does anyone know?

no, they ain't binned chip....

the only binned chip are the one that is highly-overclocked...

I'm thinking they couldn't be considering how quick this launch was from announcement to sale, but maybe they bought pre-binned cards from NVIDIA. Does anyone know?

Anytime you see a Regular, SC, OC, etc card they are binned by the partner.

they will get their batch of cards in from Nvidia and then bin them accordingly.

they basically do what we've been doing for years, see how much overclock headroom the chip has and set the speed to that minus a safe margin of error.

Anytime you see a Regular, SC, OC, etc card they are binned by the partner.

But with the AIBs apparently not knowing about this card until a few days before release (apparently - since as of like the 1st or something one site called up various AIBs and found that out), would they have time to do that themselves?

But with the AIBs apparently not knowing about this card until a few days before release (apparently - since as of like the 1st or something one site called up various AIBs and found that out), would they have time to do that themselves?

Which is more likely, a AIB partner actually manages to launch a card with absolutely no previous knowledge of it in a week, or ONE of these two:
1) The AIB lied to the site that posted that.
2) The site that posted that was full of shit.

My guess is on one of the later 2.

Don't bother with the "Binned" EVGA cards.

I just bought a vanilla EVGA GTX 580 yesterday at MicroCenter.

They charge you 20 bucks more to get you 797Mhz GPU, 4050Mhz Memory.

On my cheaper version, I got 850 clock, 4408 memory. Save your money.

Back