Evga ftw 3070ti

Pivo504

2[H]4U
Saw one in stock for 829. Is this a good price or still over priced? I think the ftw is the best evga cards in terms of performance

It is still overpriced and even the reference FE model for 600 bucks offered poor value. If you're desperate and you can find it in stock then go ahead though if you don't feel like waiting for prices to drop a little more.

It is still overpriced and even the reference FE model for 600 bucks offered poor value. If you're desperate and you can find it in stock then go ahead though if you don't feel like waiting for prices to drop a little more.
I can wait a bit longer if prices are actually going to drop lol I'm still on a 970gtx so I really need an upgrade. However, I don't really play any demanding games at the moment. I did buy cyberpunk for 19 so I really can't play that until I upgrade lol...
Anyone know why the gigabyte cards are always in stock 3070.ti?

Last edited:
EVGA just did a bstock drop of 3070TIs at $710+ I can't access the URL anymore (IP blocked I think) but they might still be available. Check the hotdeals thread as well. There's been a lot of decent newegg deals lately so you might be able to get a better price if you're patient.
https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=8&associatecode=WKQLJ8J8UJ5PUMF

[Edit: I think gigabyte cards generally have a poor reputation for quality. The only brand I've really had major issues with in terms of reliability has been powercolor, but they have also been good about RMAs so that's fine in my book. The gigabyte cards might have slightly higher temps than an equivalent tier card from ASUS but that's probably about it.]

EVGA just did a bstock drop of 3070TIs at $710+ I can't access the URL anymore (IP blocked I think) but they might still be available. Check the hotdeals thread as well. There's been a lot of decent newegg deals lately so you might be able to get a better price if you're patient.
https://www.evga.com/products/ProductList.aspx?type=8&associatecode=WKQLJ8J8UJ5PUMF

[Edit: I think gigabyte cards generally have a poor reputation for quality. The only brand I've really had major issues with in terms of reliability has been powercolor, but they have also been good about RMAs so that's fine in my book. The gigabyte cards might have slightly higher temps than an equivalent tier card from ASUS but that's probably about it.]
I tried the link but didn't work...700 is what I was willing to pay to... I've only seen evga cards for 829 at the cheapest and it requires you to spend more on psu and another item so around 950 total lol

Is there something going on with gpus? I've seen almost every brand in stock even the Asus strix 3070ti...guessing with everything in stock prices should get closer to. Msrp?

I tried the link but didn't work...700 is what I was willing to pay to... I've only seen evga cards for 829 at the cheapest and it requires you to spend more on psu and another item so around 950 total lol

$730 at Microcenter if you have nearby, you can reserve them.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...d-triple-fan-8gb-gddr6x-pcie-40-graphics-card

I'm not sure why the Asus cards are the only ones going for $700 range recently. Newegg had it for $700 I think. For a few minutes lol.

$730 at Microcenter if you have nearby, you can reserve them.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...d-triple-fan-8gb-gddr6x-pcie-40-graphics-card

I'm not sure why the Asus cards are the only ones going for $700 range recently. Newegg had it for $700 I think. For a few minutes lol.
I got one Yesterday! $100 more than I wanted to spend, but I am so tired of grabbing my phone every time one drops. edit. The one from newegg. I hope with the microscope on Newegg I won't get screwed. Newegg said it came from Ontario CA US. I hope I don't get dinged on the CC for outside the US sales. (It did say the seller was NE so I don't believe it will)

Last edited:
I will say though...I just swapped a 3070Ti for a 3080 10GB and the performance difference is HUGE. At the rate prices are dropping it might be worth waiting a little longer and getting a 3080. Just my 2 cents.

I will say though...I just swapped a 3070Ti for a 3080 10GB and the performance difference is HUGE. At the rate prices are dropping it might be worth waiting a little longer and getting a 3080. Just my 2 cents.
The 3080 retail price does not seem to be dropping very much as most of them I have seen are still over $1,200. And even at 4k the 3080 is less than 20% faster than the 3070 TI. That drops to an even smaller gap at 1440p especially if you don't have a top of the line CPU.

Last edited:
I'm not gaming at 4k so why wait on the 3080? I'm still waiting for the 3070ti to get around 700 range..unfortunately there is no MC around me..

I am waiting for 2 3070s until the hit the magic number of $500 or less. I am giving one to my son for graduating college and one for my wife, it will be surprise. She is low key jealous I am getting one and she will get my old 1080 (not sure she even knows she is jealous, but I can tell) .

I am waiting for 2 3070s until the hit the magic number of $500 or less. I am giving one to my son for graduating college and one for my wife, it will be surprise. She is low key jealous I am getting one and she will get my old 1080 (not sure she even knows she is jealous, but I can tell) .
Unless you are lucky enough to get a founders edition at Best Buy then you can forget about a $500 3070 until the 40 series cards launch.

Today was the first day I've seen cards in stock at best buy. Hopefully that's a good sign for the future. Honestly just need a new gpu for cyberpunk every other game I play my 970 plays decently enough...just don't want to pay more than 750 3070 or ti version

Unless you are lucky enough to get a founders edition at Best Buy then you can forget about a $500 3070 until the 40 series cards launch.
Used, you know how many 3080s dropped yesterday? I hope with the promise of the 3090ti and Bitcoin is more volatile will begin a downward spiral in prices. Without Russian miners I hope the real MSRP returns and the used market stops being a scalpers paradise.
I had one (a 3070) in my BB cart for $530 (it was gigabyte but it was also $530). I don't think we will be seeing any more founders (I can't remember where I heard or read it) but the reason was they are focusing the 4000 series.

Edit. my mistake. I was thinking about the 3070 I had in my cart fro $530. Sorry for the confusion guys.

Last edited:
Used, you know how many 3080s dropped yesterday? I hope with the promise of the 3090ti and Bitcoin is more volatile will begin a downward spiral in prices. Without Russian miners I hope the real MSRP returns and the used market stops being a scalpers paradise.
I had one in my BB cart for $530 (it was gigabyte but it was also $530). I don't think we will be seeing any more founders (I can't remember where I heard or read it) but the reason was they are focusing the 4000 series.
You had a used 3080 in cart for 530?! I'm seeing refurbished 3070s going for 800 lol stupid

I had one in my BB cart for $530 (it was gigabyte but it was also $530). I don't think we will be seeing any more founders (I can't remember where I heard or read it) but the reason was they are focusing the 4000 series.
You had what in your cart for $530? You surely aren't talking about a 3070 as even the 3060 TI's are well more than that on Best Buy site. The cheapest gigabyte 3070 I've seen on Best Buy is $730.

EDIT: I guess you are referring to used cards which I didn't know they carried those.

I'm not gaming at 4k so why wait on the 3080? I'm still waiting for the 3070ti to get around 700 range..unfortunately there is no MC around me..
Neither am I. I game at 1440P Ultrawide. HUUUUGE difference. What res do you game at? Just saying it might be worth it to hold out a bit longer.

Neither am I. I game at 1440P Ultrawide. HUUUUGE difference. What res do you game at? Just saying it might be worth it to hold out a bit longer.
I game at mostly 1440p if at my pc monitor unless I game on my 1080p TV. I don't want to spend over 700 on a gpu either.. I don't need top of the line!

Last edited:
I game at mostly 1440p if at my pc monitor unless I game on my 1080p TV. I don't want to spend over 700 on a gpu either.. I don't need top of the line!
Gotcha, but 829 > 700 ;)

...and I hope Pivo stands for beer :p

Yeah I just saw the 3070ti on evga's site b-stock for $819 this morning around 8am. (EST). Rechecked and now it's gone. Nearest MC from me is 3hrs away. Have a friend in MA who can help snag a 3080 from MC in Cambridge, but still too pricey.

My 1070 is still hanging tuff gaming at 1440, but in a few new titles struggles alittle. I'll keep saving my nickels and keep returning empties to the local store while I keep praying the prices drop further.

Yeah I just saw the 3070ti on evga's site b-stock for $819 this morning around 8am. (EST). Rechecked and now it's gone. Nearest MC from me is 3hrs away. Have a friend in MA who can help snag a 3080 from MC in Cambridge, but still too pricey.

My 1070 is still hanging tuff gaming at 1440, but in a few new titles struggles alittle. I'll keep saving my nickels and keep returning empties to the local store while I keep praying the prices drop further.
Right on, nothing wrong with having a budget. Too many people willing to live paycheck to paycheck to buy a gpu nowadays.

You had a used 3080 in cart for 530?! I'm seeing refurbished 3070s going for 800 lol stupid
You had what in your cart for $530? You surely aren't talking about a 3070 as even the 3060 TI's are well more than that on Best Buy site. The cheapest gigabyte 3070 I've seen on Best Buy is $730.

EDIT: I guess you are referring to used cards which I didn't know they carried those.

My bad, I used "one" when referring to a 3070 in my cart for 530, I fixed my original post.

So is there basically no chance of catching a 3070 for $499 on Best Buy? They won't be coming back in stock?

So is there basically no chance of catching a 3070 for $499 on Best Buy? They won't be coming back in stock?
There was an evga 3070 ultra gaming version on best buy this morning for 679. I literally refreshed one time and it was gone.. I seriously doubt you'll see anything for 499 3070 lol

Saw one in stock for 829. Is this a good price or still over priced? I think the ftw is the best evga cards in terms of performance
That's probably the most popular 30xx series card - as 3060 Ti and 3070s are probably the most popular/in demand?

If I was shopping for a 3070 Ti right now, I would wait as one poster said or if you can't wait - I would pick whatever brand of 3060 Ti for $700-ish comes along. Newegg prices are constantly fluctuating - 'have to be quick.

That's probably the most popular 30xx series card - as 3060 Ti and 3070s are probably the most popular/in demand?

If I was shopping for a 3070 Ti right now, I would wait as one poster said or if you can't wait - I would pick whatever brand of 3060 Ti for $700-ish comes along. Newegg prices are constantly fluctuating - 'have to be quick.
Why would I get a 3060ti for 700 ish when I got a 3070ti FTW3 for 770 lol

3070ti on EVGA right now for $719. I did buy the $829 one a few days prior. I'm ready to retire my 1070ti. I REALLY wish the $719 version that is 45MHz slower than the $829 was in stock at the time I purchased mine, but at this point it doesn't matter. Saving $110 would have been nice, but I had to get what I could at the time. I really wanted a 3070, but I've never seen those in stock at EVGA. FWIW, the $829 is up atm too.

FFS I can't even log in to EVGA. It says sent code to my phone and email but I have not received anything.

3070ti on EVGA right now for $719. I did buy the $829 one a few days prior. I'm ready to retire my 1070ti. I REALLY wish the $719 version that is 45MHz slower than the $829 was in stock at the time I purchased mine, but at this point it doesn't matter. Saving $110 would have been nice, but I had to get what I could at the time. I really wanted a 3070, but I've never seen those in stock at EVGA. FWIW, the $829 is up atm too.
The one we all got from Amazon for 770 on Saturday morning was the ftw ultra version which is the fastest 3070ti evga makes..

3070ti is more of a 3070 than a 3080 in terms of performance. BB has FE in store drops pretty regularly, you should check the app using the app trick. Search "graphics card" and then toggle the "in stock" switch. IF its listed but says OOS, its actually in the store and you can go buy it.

3070ti is more of a 3070 than a 3080 in terms of performance. BB has FE in store drops pretty regularly, you should check the app using the app trick. Search "graphics card" and then toggle the "in stock" switch. IF its listed but says OOS, its actually in the store and you can go buy it.
I honestly don't care for the fe. I've read the thermals are one of the worst. I want a cool card not an oven lol

I honestly don't care for the fe. I've read the thermals are one of the worst. I want a cool card not an oven lol
I have a 3070ti, 3080, and a 3080ti all FE's and they run fine. The 3070ti gets a little hot at max usage but that's because it's in an NZXT H1.

I have a 3070ti, 3080, and a 3080ti all FE's and they run fine. The 3070ti gets a little hot at max usage but that's because it's in an NZXT H1.
I know I just like having the coolest possible cpu and gpu bc that's where the most heat comes from a pc.

Back