evga Customer Service

vanilla_guerilla

Supreme [H]ardness
after removing my 780i from case to swap ultima 90 for new xiggy sd964 (much better) i find i cant use dim slots 1 and 2 w/o getting a long beep and solid 25 err. i wont speculate further on the reasons for this. so i put in rma e.a.r. request on saturday, get ok on monday, new retail box today (wednesday) at 11 am. also label for return shipping of my crippled board. evga cs reigns. had to rma one of my 9800gx2 because of white noise/static over the hdmi, and that also took like 3 days.

I like em, I rmaed a 7800GT several months ago and they sent me a new 7900GS no questions asked.

agree with evga's CS. had to rma a graphics card awhile back and it was really painless.

eVGA has taken the approach that you take care of the customer 1st and the rewards will be great. I'm sure they have a rather large expense from their step-up program and RMAs but their stellar customer service is why people keep coming back.

It's good to see there are still a few companies out there that take care of their customers.

back in the late 80's and early 90's a few companies (ie nordstrum) started with that policy and did great. i know i will always buy evga products over any other brand. but then again, you have companies like asus, who have awful or no cs and still do pretty well.

I haven't bought ASUS in years, and they used to be my #1 till I had an RMA issue. Never went back. Same thing with Abit.

Now I just used eVGA boards.

i tend to buy motherboards from fry's (ca store) althought i might have to pay a 20 -40 dollar premium but i can take it back and do a return right away.

i live in nyc and believe it or not the only places i can buy motherboards (in real world) are small mom and pop type places run by asians. they always charge way over msrp (to me at least) and getting a refund or even a replacement is a very iffy proposition. so i havent been to one of those places in about 8 years. then there are "computer fairs" which have better prices, but tracking these guys down if there is a problem is mostly really hard. i hear there is a microcenter about 100 miles from here, but i dont know if they sel mainboards. the newegg warehouse (NJ) is about 10 miles from me; the ups depot is about 6 miles. i havent had to wait more than a day or 2 for anything in years. but i wish there was a frys around here so i could actually shop for stuff and see/handle it.

I can buy boards/vid cards at microcenter, but they charge anywhere from 50-100 bucks more for the same board i can get from newegg. As far as evga goes, the list of items i have bought from them in the last year just continues to grow :p I refuse to buy Asus because i have not heard a SINGLE good experience come from their CS.

I haven't RMA'ed anything from EVGA but Abit sent me a replacement mobo after I fried the ram sltos oon mine and was only charged $30 shipping. Not bad if you ask me.

When I used the Step-Up program a little while back I was nervous as to how long the process would take. I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth and automated everything was. I didn't have to call customer service for anything. The only real waiting periods was the shipping to and from.

Never had an experience with evga, but I did have to RMA a BFG video card. (The card was prob about 2 years old)

No questions asked, they said sorry for the card overheating, I had a new card at my house in a few days. Oh, btw. The new card was not the same. It was one worth 100 bucks more :)

Things like this are important to me. I respect a company that respects the customer.

That's why on my new build, I bought as many Evga parts as I could.

Nice to hear.

I bought an EVGA 8800gt SC, paid $20 more and had to register on web site for lifetime warranty but your story and others like it make me sure I did the right thing. I am sick to death of buying high dollar items that crap out in a year leaving you holding a pile of scrap.

This morning, trying to answer a guestion in another post, tried to find Gigabytes Motherboard Warranty.

Go to EVGA.com and find warranty - 14 seconds
Go Gigabyte.com and find warrany - well just go try, good luck to you.

(actually the Gigabyte warranty is decent, if you can find it. LOL)

If EVGA made intel chipset boards (even if just rebranded) I would be all over them.

When the $30 mail-in rebate on my personal EVGA 8800GTS-512 was initially denied through a 'snafu' by the Newegg sales guy ( despite asking all the right questions beforehand, purchasing and sending all the documents complete and on time), I thought I was going to have to 'dump' EVGA much the same way I had done with Visiontek a few years earlier. I was pleasantly surprised when I got an e-mail from them stating that they would honor it as I was such a good client and not at fault...which they promptly did. Visiontek has not had any of my business since a bad C/S experience turned me completely off....and they're not going to anytime soon. I build about four computers each month (each of which usually has a highend videocard)...think of how much that represents in loss sales to Visiontek. It's a shame what a bad experience will do in most cases. In the end it is always better for a company to do the right thing and EVGA seems to have their house in order.

The first Evga Product I bought was a 7900GT. I liked it so much I bought a second one. About two week after using it (in SLI), it started to artifact. I called EVGA, talked to someone who spoke fluent english with no accent (!), and without any hassle they approved me a RMA. So, I shipped off the faulty card to them.

About 10 days later my replacement card arrives, and I pop it into my machine. There is no option to enable SLI. I test both cards independently and they both work fine. After about 20 minutes of installing and uninstalling drivers to no luck, I realize that the replacement card was a 512MB version. (My original was a 256MB.) I called up EVGA, and they apologized! I couldn't belive it! They gave me a free upgrade and then apologized, because the service said that they could clearly see that I had two 7900GTs registered at thier site, and didn't check if I ran them in SLI. So, the rep puts me on hold for a couple minutes. He comes back on, and tells me that if I am willing to ship back both cards, they will send me a matched pair of 7900GTOs for my trouble!

Well, they didn't have to twist my arm! So, I send off the cards. About 10 days later, I get two boxes delivered to my door, and open them up to discover that instead of 7900GTOs, they gave me a pair of 7900GTXs!!!

I have never looked back since, and now have 5 videocards and a motherboard through them.

I can't wait for the day (if it comes) when when EVGA starts making Sound Cards, Cases, PSUs, Hard Drives, and Optical Drives.

Then I can have a complete system where I know if anything goes wrong, I'm covered by the best in the industry.

When my vanilla 7900GT 256MB started to artifact and eventually died it took me 20 minutes at most to go to EVGA's website, file for an RMA, and get it approved, and I got a nice new 512MB 7950GT KO SC in return.

As long as im using Nvidia video cards ill be buying through EVGA.

Have to agree, I've purchased about 10 cards total for myself and friend's computers. Been buying their products since the geforce2mx days, always loved how their products were above stock specs.

Back