EVGA 9800GTX - $199 @ ZZF

No rebates or anything that looks pretty nice. I wonder if this is because of the 4850's?

yeah I think it is, are those 2 cards on par with performance wise??

Very cool. It's great to see prices fall. I think I'll hang onto my GT a while longer, though. :)

I think the other brands that are marked down once you add them to the cart with an instant savings, ALONG with a MIR make them even cheaper!

The XFX 9800GTX is $229.99 - ($30 instant rebate) - $20 MIR = $179.99 AR!!!

The Asus 9800GTX is $229.99 - ($35 instant rebate) - $30 MIR = $164.99 AR!!!!

ok this or the 4850? I know you can get the 4850 for a bit less, but which would you get?

i would go with a 4850, and overclock it.

its cheaper, its faster than a standard GTX and it would clock enough to gain more performance.

i would go with a 4850, and overclock it.

its cheaper, its faster than a standard GTX and it would clock enough to gain more performance.

True, although initial reports of OC didnt go above the clocks in the CCC because of overclocking programs. It seems very hopeful to get the 4850 in a high clock range.

The Asus 9800GTX is $229.99 - ($35 instant rebate) - $30 MIR = $164.99 AR!!!!

Last i checked 164.99 is less than 170. Though i have been wrong before, many times

ok this or the 4850? I know you can get the 4850 for a bit less, but which would you get?

They are about the same give or take a few FPS.

Which do you prefer NVIDIA or ATI. Evga or Sapphire.

Hot single slot card, cool double slot card.

At total slut like Paris Hilton or maybe a prude like Mandy Moore. ;)

Either card will do you well at that price range.

I don't have $200 so I won't be getting either. :(

In a few weeks the 9800GTX+ will be out in about the same range.

yeah, this is in response to the 55nm 9800GTX+ being released very soon so the 65nm 9800GTX has to come down a bit since the GTX+ is supposed to be sold around $230

For $30 less, the ASUS 4850 on Newegg is a significantly better deal than a GTX at $199. It performs a bit better in most cases and consumes less power. And supports 8 channel audio if that's your thing.

When they're around the same price, it gets much closer, and I would base your decision on what kind of mobo you have, which will dictate the possibility of crossfire or SLI in the future for a cheap upgrade win.

They have this for the same price at newegg. I'm probably going to get this unless the 4850 has something I want more.

All 9800 GTX cards are going to retail for $199 soon with the newer 9800 GTX+ coming in at $229. This is to directly compete with AMDs new 4850. Generally speaking, the new 4850 is very competitive with both of these cards so you would probably be happy with any of them at the same price point.

Have any definate on the prices staying around 200 on the gtx? The egg is holding 210 of my cash ransom while items are in transit back to them and to top it all off I wont get it back once they receive it till 3-5 business days later. Yet they get it instantly.

For $30 less, the ASUS 4850 on Newegg is a significantly better deal than a GTX at $199. It performs a bit better in most cases and consumes less power. And supports 8 channel audio if that's your thing.

When they're around the same price, it gets much closer, and I would base your decision on what kind of mobo you have, which will dictate the possibility of crossfire or SLI in the future for a cheap upgrade win.

Better performance according to who? The 9800GTX at $199 is a MUCH better deal with much better performance.

Are prices dropping faster than they normally do? Didn't the 9800gtx come out just like 4 months ago retailing $350?

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3338&p=3
Anandtech said:
The 9800 GTX+ is a die-shrunk G92 based on TSMC's 55nm process, the same one used by AMD for the Radeon HD 4850. The GTX+ runs at 738MHz/1836MHz (core/SP) up from the stock clock speeds of 675MHz/1690MHz (core/SP). The moderate increase in clock speed (8 - 9%) is one thing, the price point is another: $229.
To make matters worse for AMD, the vanilla GeForce 9800 GTX is going to be priced at $199. Had AMD not introduced the Radeon HD 4850, the 9800 GTX would never have to drop in price, and thus we enjoy the benefits of an AMD that is once again competitive in the marketplace. The price drops on the 9800 GTX will begin to take effect next week (conveniently enough) and the GTX+ will be widely available starting July 16th.
NVIDIA's timing is suspicious, it had a full reviewer's guide ready so clearly it anticipated AMD being very competitive with the Radeon HD 4850, but the email came at an odd time of night.
It's a sneaky move by NVIDIA, had that email never been sent, AMD would have had its day of glory - its own 8800 GT if you will, a $199 part that reset all expectations and raised the bar. Instead, NVIDIA preempted any such move by pre-announcing a 9800 GTX price drop as well as a new, higher end 9800 GTX+ SKU. That's what competition is folks.
Competition is GREAT!

No..... She's all knocked up :eek:

I believe that's what the '+' sign is for.

So in theory, I should be able to just get myself a regular vanilla 9800GTX and make nerd love to it and hopefully get myself a beautiful GTX+ out of it.

Technology rocks! :D

Better performance according to who? The 9800GTX at $199 is a MUCH better deal with much better performance.

Imma have to disagree, the 4850 walks all over the 9800 GTX, especially with AA. At least according to the reviews out atm, which are from reputable sites. :p

I believe that's what the '+' sign is for.

So in theory, I should be able to just get myself a regular vanilla 9800GTX and make nerd love to it and hopefully get myself a beautiful GTX+ out of it.

Technology rocks! :D

usually when you do that though, the one you are doing gets bigger, in this case it shrunk;)

Imma have to disagree, the 4850 walks all over the 9800 GTX, especially with AA. At least according to the reviews out atm, which are from reputable sites. :p

Yeah the stock clocked 4850 walks all over oc'ed versions of the 9800 GTX, just wait and watch what overclocked versions of the card can do.

They are about the same give or take a few FPS.

Which do you prefer NVIDIA or ATI. Evga or Sapphire.

Hot single slot card, cool double slot card.

At total slut like Paris Hilton or maybe a prude like Mandy Moore. ;)

Either card will do you well at that price range.

I don't have $200 so I won't be getting either. :(

In a few weeks the 9800GTX+ will be out in about the same range.

it's clear to me that he is calling Paris the Hot single slot, and Mandy the Cool 2x slot.

Back