eVGA 8800GT 512MB for $229.99 @ outpost.com/fry's

but as for the reason to me posting - did anyone check the clocks on their cards yet?
mine is showing up clocked at the superclocked card's speeds in both GPU-Z and nvidia control panel

I was coming here to post about the exact same thing! My card is also clocked at the Superclocked speeds (648/1628/950). So basically we got the best deal out of all the early adopters for waiting for Fry's to get their shipment in! :D

EVGAs overclocked version is 675, not 650 :rolleyes:

I bought the NON-overclocked eVGA version from Fry's last week and the Core is @ 650

EVGAs overclocked version is 675, not 650 :rolleyes:

eVGA 8800GT: 600 MHz core, 1800 MHz RAM, 1500 MHz shader
eVGA 8800GT Superclock: 650 MHz core, 1900MHz RAM, 1620 MHz shader
eVGA 8800GT KO: 675 MHz, 1950 MHz RAM, 1674 MHz shader
eVGA 8800GT SSC: 700 MHz, 2000 MHz core, 1728 MHz shader

good you guys are finally getting yours. mines still on order from amazon.com. then again im sorta glad it hasnt shipped yet. having recently given up on getting a widescreen monitor that would compete with my vx922 in regards to ghosting and input lag, the HD 3870 might just give me enough performance @ 1280x1024 for me to consider getting one over the GT. having dx 10.1 support is kinda nice, and I should be able to get one close to $200 seeing how the GT buzz is far from over.

I bought what is labeled as a vanilla evga 8800gt from Fry's. It is clocked at 650/1900/1625

gpuzfg3.jpg

Got my FRY'S order in this morning.. it's a superclock in a stock box. Runs at SSC speeds with no artifacts in the ATI tool scan so far.

Little bugger is hot though.

I can confirm that my 8800GT from this initial batch also appears to be a mislabeled SC. It is fully souped up.

my pair of cards are SC out of the box also and are running SSC speeds without issue so far.

Ok here to report that as of now my card is running at SSC modes with zero issues and zero artifacting. Freaking awesome. Now what should I run as a benchmark? Any ideas? Does the Cyrsis demo have a benchmark utility?

confirmed that mine is also a mislabeled SC, wonder what will happen if I ever rma it, will I get the standard back?

Well that *is* all you paid for, any better is just gravy as they say. Besides, you may get lucky and have them keep the status quo in case of an RMA as it were.

All that really matters do the serial #s on the card & box match up? That's all they care about. These mis-labeled/boxed cards...Anything on the cards themselves that say SC or something (EVGA pn on serial correct for stock or SC?), or it's just the higher binned BIOS that's the factor here?

Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones who got a superclocked card as well...:D I got the card yesterday, but just now had the chance to install it and verify everything. I'm a happy camper, especially because I *never* get the good deals! Thanks to my wife, this one worked out great! :cool:

Ax

I just installed my 8800GT. According to the model number on it, it should be running at 600MHz. According to GPU-Z it is 650MHz. Either the model number is wrong or GPU-Z is wrong.

I just installed my 8800GT. According to the model number on it, it should be running at 600MHz. According to GPU-Z it is 650MHz. Either the model number is wrong or GPU-Z is wrong.

It's simply a Superclock card in the box. Been testing, scanning and benching mine tonight.. reaches SSC speeds with ease. Haven't pushed it higher since I crashed it running the RAM at 2100Mhz! :eek:

It's simply a Superclock card in the box. Been testing, scanning and benching mine tonight.. reaches SSC speeds with ease. Haven't pushed it higher since I crashed it running the RAM at 2100Mhz! :eek:

You probably shouldn't push the RAM too hard on these things. Brent says it kill the card on pretty quickly.

You probably shouldn't push the RAM too hard on these things. Brent says it kill the card on pretty quickly.

Yeah, I plan to leave it at 2k for now and work on shader/core clocks. Memory has the least effect on performance anyway.

I dont see this on fry's site anywhere -_-, no i didnt read through all the threads. too many pages!

And if you read it like you should of. You would of found out that they pulled it..... Lazy people.

mine is almost here. would be delivered on monday but its a holiday obviously so tues would be the day. i have class all day that day though :( hopefully i can get home in time before the apt office closes to pick it up.

as far as i know, all delivery companies are still working on monday, so you will probably get it on monday, unless its being shipped usps

as far as i know, all delivery companies are still working on monday, so you will probably get it on monday, unless its being shipped usps

really? but its veterans day. though it does say it will be delivered on monday. i just thought they'd be off like everyone else.

I picked one up at best buy for 269 - 12% coupon. Around 238? Then I ebayed my 2900xt for $300 :)

really? but its veterans day. though it does say it will be delivered on monday. i just thought they'd be off like everyone else.

Federal employees (USPS) are the only ones guaranteed to get this day off. For everyone else, it's up to their employer. I'm fairly confident only USPS will be taking Monday off, but you should be able to call them and find out...

Mine was supposed to be here Friday, but it never showed up. Now the website says "delivery arranged, no details expected". But everyone is saying I can expect Monday delivery even though its Veterans day?

got mine today. definately a SC version lol. man we got lucky. i'll overclock later, right now its time to play some games lol

Is anyone still waiting on theirs to ship? I ordered late on the night of the 29th, and it's still showing backordered. The rep. was utterly clueless when I called and had to ask me for the order number three times before she could even find it in the system, and couldn't give me an ETA at all.

I checked again this morning and they have no idea when they're getting more in. Then I checked my cc's online statement and the $239 charge for the card has posted to my account, even though they haven't shipped it, don't have it, and don't know when they're getting it. Very aggravating.

Back