eVGA 8800GT 512MB for $229.99 @ outpost.com/fry's

That's the beauty of eVGA's step-up ;). There isn't a new 2x-performance-style card coming for a few yet though ;).

I just got an email, too (I had emailed before calling) :)...

:D

nice i juss ordered 2 at 730 pacific time hopefully mine will ship soon. soo far no email. :(

I stopped myself at the last second when I saw the Guru3D review stating this unit is suppose to sell for between 199 and 259... meaning, it was INTENDED to RELEASE this cheap, and this is not a "sale".. the shit is hot, but both ATI and nVidia are releasing more cards than this one before the year is up... I cant jump the gun on release date... maybe i'll regret it, but maybe not :D

article is here: http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/468/1

I stopped myself at the last second when I saw the Guru3D review stating this unit is suppose to sell for between 199 and 259... meaning, it was INTENDED to RELEASE this cheap, and this is not a "sale".. the shit is hot, but both ATI and nVidia are releasing more cards than this one before the year is up... I cant jump the gun on release date... maybe i'll regret it, but maybe not :D

article is here: http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/468/1

its still a good cheap upgrade for those of us with the previous generation. i had been wanting to pick up a GTS but the 640s were still expensive. this happened to be a great buy though...more ram than the 320 and also more powerful lol

That's the beauty of eVGA's step-up ;). There isn't a new 2x-performance-style card coming for a few yet though ;).

I just got an email, too (I had emailed before calling) :)...

:D

ugh so much happened today! Tiger, does your order say "Partial Backorder?" damn.... now this is my 4th or 5th time cancelling.

My history:
ZZF: Ordered 2 XFX 8800GT: Cancelled
Buy.co: Ordered 2 PNY 8800GT: Cancelled
mWave: Ordered 2 EVGA SC 8800GT: Cancelled
NCIX: Ordered 2 EVGA SC 8800GT: Cancelled
Frys.com: Ordered 2 EVGA 8800GT cards: PENDING (Cancel if on backorder)

My visa has been getting like $1200 in authorizations and cancellations.

bad timing!!

how do we know prices wont drop a little bit or have rebates soon. I think I will wait till the price drops a little. Still great deal for a card that performs as well as a GTX

ugh so much happened today! Tiger, does your order say "Partial Backorder?" damn.... now this is my 4th or 5th time cancelling.

My history:
ZZF: Ordered 2 XFX 8800GT: Cancelled
Buy.co: Ordered 2 PNY 8800GT: Cancelled
mWave: Ordered 2 EVGA SC 8800GT: Cancelled
NCIX: Ordered 2 EVGA SC 8800GT: Cancelled
Frys.com: Ordered 2 EVGA 8800GT cards: PENDING (Cancel if on backorder)

My visa has been getting like $1200 in authorizations and cancellations.

bad timing!!

mine shows as backordered...i can wait though.

Mine shows as backordered, but I received the info over the phone that it is scheduled to ship tomorrow, and that email when I asked that way.

my target is native res 16x10 on high with at least 2x AA @60fps+ on crysis. Can 2 88gt do this in sli? or do i have to wait until 9800gtx/ultra or whatever comes out.

my target is native res 16x10 on high with at least 2x AA @60fps+ on crysis. Can 2 88gt do this in sli? or do i have to wait until 9800gtx/ultra or whatever comes out.

uh yeah...read the hardocp review on the front page. one card didn't do as well as you want but SLI would be better i think

Wow go kill you self, lol jk, but thats a high demand you want. This is a great deal, i wanna jump but i doubt my parents would buy! Maybe will go onsale for black friday?

Wow go kill you self, lol jk, but thats a high demand you want. This is a great deal, i wanna jump but i doubt my parents would buy! Maybe will go onsale for black friday?

lol i tried the demo, i cant even run native with all medium. I ask this because i can buy two no problem but thats still alot of money for me. If im gonna spend that kinda money it better be worth it!:)

lol i tried the demo, i cant even run native with all medium. I ask this because i can buy two no problem but thats still alot of money for me. If im gonna spend that kinda money it better be worth it!:)

i figure you should just buy a GTX....or maybe wait a couple more months to see what prices are like.

Went ahead and ordered a pair, hopefully it will be a good upgrade from a single gtx... :D

GTX does Crysis well at 1440x900 high settings, GT shouldnt be any worse unless you go nuts with the resolution/AA.

That might be a long wait, we have no clue when the next high end gpu is coming. Right now the GT is the best card for the money and overclocked it's just as good as the GTX. I used 1440x900 because i'm framerate whore and I also use a crt so im not locked into any native resolution. I wanted to keep high settings 35-40fps at all times and that was the resolution that let me do that. I tried 16x10 on high settings and was definitely playable, 25fps minimum is what I saw and it was around 30 most of the time. If i was locked into that resolution i would have no problem playing it, it just makes no sense to me when 14x9 doesnt look any worse on a CRT. When tweakguides come out you will be able to get 16x10 to run as good as 14x9 with some .cfg edits and keep most of the good features. Forget about AA though, but i doubt you will need it because it has a post-processing effect that makes the foliage look smooth as if it was anti-aliased. If you have a crappy card now then definitely get the GT, you can always sell/stepup later. In fact my GTX is on ebay right now so I can salvage what's left of its value and I have already ordered a GT to replace it. Hopefully the 8900/9800 comes out in time to step up but if not this forum has never failed me when I had to sell a card to fund an updrade.

Man, I showed this deal to my wife right be fore I jumped in the shower this morning, and before I'm even finished she comes in and announces "Honey, I bought you one of those video cards you were looking at..." :D

Looks like I'm in for one too! :cool:

Ax

Man, I showed this deal to my wife right be fore I jumped in the shower this morning, and before I'm even finished she comes in and announces "Honey, I bought you one of those video cards you were looking at..." :D

Ax

:).

I am running my setup at 1920x1080 with my westinghouse LVM-37W3, do you guys think I would see an improvement over my single GTX with a pair of these in SLI? (check my sig for other details) Thanks!

Ax

You lucky son of a bitch :D

Tax (AZ) and shipping kill this deal for me. Damn, my 7800GTX is straining to run Crysis. :(

i wonder if some of you will get sorry out of stock and not get it until second backorder due to the fact frys must be getting tons of orders.

Just called, its on back ordered. They have a shipment coming in today, but the CSR not sure how many is coming in and if it's enough to fill existing order. She's not sure when the next shipment is. :(

Just called, its on back ordered. They have a shipment coming in today, but the CSR not sure how many is coming in and if it's enough to fill existing order. She's not sure when the next shipment is. :(

I saw this post minutes ago, and combined with my email, I'm inclined to believe it:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=143923&mpage=1

eVGA 8800GT @ Frys.com - 10/30/2007 7:34:32 AM PST

chasingclerks
Status: online Hola all...I am sorry if this was posted elsewhere as I did not find it skimming through the posts, but I just called Frys.com and they have 200+ eVGA 8800GT's (priced at $229.99) that are being delevered today. I asked if any were going to be left over after all the back orders are filled and they said "YES". I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as I just ordered my first eVGA card since the 7600GT. Good Luck...

Fry's eVGA 8800GT

-chasingclerks

Meh, Nvidia knows how to avoid paper launches. There will be plenty in stock soon. I'm sure they realize what kind of demand there would be, and have compensated.

Just spoke with a supervisor at Frys, the link has been deactivated until they know the shipment after this one's status, but they expect to be able to fill *all* orders that they currently have received :D.

I tried this Early this morning for a friend and it dropped into cart and never said oos or pre order. My buddy ran to his computer and logged in about 15 minutes later and it said pre order.

I told him to wait and get a superclock :)
I can't type what he called me, frys and everyone else ROFL

ah ok then i'll wait for whatever is better than the 88ultra to come out.

You could order the new 8800GTS V2 which was apparently silently launched this morning but is only available on one website.

Quite a bit of speculation about it but according to the evga forums its legit and is really 112 SPs even though it says 96+. Reviews should be out shortly, I would think

I cant beleive Im following this more than the Wall Street Journal LOL. Anyway, mine still says "onbackorder" but I'm guessing Frys.com operates on PST.... so HOPEFULLY, they can ship or something.... really stressed out by these orders lol. My NCIX hasn't been cancelled yet so I have to call them manually.

I saw this post minutes ago, and combined with my email, I'm inclined to believe it:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=143923&mpage=1

eVGA 8800GT @ Frys.com - 10/30/2007 7:34:32 AM PST

chasingclerks
Status: online Hola all...I am sorry if this was posted elsewhere as I did not find it skimming through the posts, but I just called Frys.com and they have 200+ eVGA 8800GT's (priced at $229.99) that are being delevered today. I asked if any were going to be left over after all the back orders are filled and they said "YES". I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as I just ordered my first eVGA card since the 7600GT. Good Luck...

Fry's eVGA 8800GT

-chasingclerks

I cant beleive Im following this more than the Wall Street Journal LOL. Anyway, mine still says "onbackorder" but I'm guessing Frys.com operates on PST.... so HOPEFULLY, they can ship or something.... really stressed out by these orders lol. My NCIX hasn't been cancelled yet so I have to call them manually.

My Fry's pre-order on the BFG one says "partial backorder" - so... partial?

Yes, they operate on PST... and same here, my attention's been riveted on this whole launch :D.

Back