EVGA 680i chipset question.

wilson82

n00b
Hey guys, I just recently set up my watercooling in my stacker 810 on the 680i board. My problem is i want a stealth system and the chipset cooler is so damn loud. If i take it off my chipset runs at like 77c which i cant handle being that hot. Im trying to find an after market cooler that you can purchase for this. I have yet to be successful, though i have only looked for 1 night. Can anyone help me out??

Hey guys, I just recently set up my watercooling in my stacker 810 on the 680i board. My problem is i want a stealth system and the chipset cooler is so damn loud. If i take it off my chipset runs at like 77c which i cant handle being that hot. Im trying to find an after market cooler that you can purchase for this. I have yet to be successful, though i have only looked for 1 night. Can anyone help me out??

Hey, I saw some thread about this on the Evga motherboard forums, I have a Evga 680i mobo I am just not using right now as I am trying out the striker extreme. You should find some useful information there as there were some guys that have put water blocks on both nb and sb chipsets. Good Luck

Here is the link.

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24455&whichpage=3

Water cooling the chipset or air cooling?

Have you tried removing the stock thermal glob and using AS5? This dropped my temps substantially.

I've been looking for a non-water cooled solution to this problem too. I've seen people use the Evercool VC-RE on the southbridge, but I want to know if it would fit the northbridge as well. I took off the stock thermal goop they had on there but my southbridge temps are still in the 60-70c range. So if anyone has a evercool VC-RE and an evga 680i board please measure and see if it will fit on the northbridge as well.

The Thermalright HR-05 should work on the north bridge, I found a picture of one mounted, but I can't remember where.

What are you guys using to monitor northbridge and southbridge temps? Is it in the nVidia monitor? I'm at work at the moment, but I don't recall seeing those in there. Thanks. :)

What are you guys using to monitor northbridge and southbridge temps? Is it in the nVidia monitor? I'm at work at the moment, but I don't recall seeing those in there. Thanks. :)

The only place to view the MCP temp is currently in the BIOS. It's under "System Monitor".

Oh man that damn fan is so loud. I have to turn it down to 60% just to be able to stand it. its the loudest thing in my system, over the GTS, my antec cyclone, my Arctic freezer, and yate loon fans. I cant believe its more loud than the GTS. If that thermal right works on the NB i would definitely consider it.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thhrchco.html that on the northbridge and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835109131 that on the southbridge?

Or would you recommend the evercool over the thermal right for the SB?

Wil the thermalright SLI version work on both NB and SB?

Back