EVGA 1080Tis FTW3

Does the fact that they were used as miners bother anyone?

If you still have a warranty I really wouldn't worry that much since most were probably ran undervolted. I purchased a 280X years ago that was used for mining and it is still running today.

Didn't EVGA announce a warranty policy change due to all the mining cards just a few months ago? I swear I read about it here on [H].

Anyway, how much was the card new? 800+? 750? I'd be more offended the guy was asking so much for a used card than the fact that it was used for mining. If it was a miner card but he was selling it at a good price / bargain, it would still persuade people for sure.

I think the seller just made a big mistake in the timing. Rumor says new cards are going to be announced soon, so dropping big bucks now vs waiting a week or two or three for the next big thing - not the smartest plan.

So I know the seller and these were not used for mining but for a Machine Learning Tensor flow project. Its funny how folks just open there mouths without knowing any of the facts.

Didn't EVGA announce a warranty policy change due to all the mining cards just a few months ago? I swear I read about it here on [H].

Anyway, how much was the card new? 800+? 750? I'd be more offended the guy was asking so much for a used card than the fact that it was used for mining. If it was a miner card but he was selling it at a good price / bargain, it would still persuade people for sure.

I think the seller just made a big mistake in the timing. Rumor says new cards are going to be announced soon, so dropping big bucks now vs waiting a week or two or three for the next big thing - not the smartest plan.

I don't know why you are quoting me - I didn't say these cards were used for mining. I said EVGA changed their warranty policy due to miners. I also said people will buy if the price is right even if they were used for mining.

RIF - READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

I don't know why you are quoting me - I didn't say these cards were used for mining. I said EVGA changed their warranty policy due to miners. I also said people will buy if the price is right even if they were used for mining.

RIF - READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

You are correct I was directing it at Kelvarr. My apologies

So I know the seller and these were not used for mining but for a Machine Learning Tensor flow project. Its funny how folks just open there mouths without knowing any of the facts.
Sorry...when I see high-end video cards stated that they were used in a Server Facility, I assume minining. If you knew they weren't you could have stated so in the OP.

Kelvarr You could just not make excuses for flaming the OP with a 100% unsubstantiated claim that you know would lead into another "those son-of-a-bitch miners" thread jack, yeah?

But.. back on topic - these cards are tanks. Folks do need to make sure their cases can handle.

Been looking to upgrade from r9 380 and all signs point to waiting for holidays. With mining resulting in overstock and new cards launching by year end holiday pricing will be glorious. Predict 1080s for 350. 1070 for 250. Maybe even vegA below Msrp but less likely.

If those 1180s are actually 1500, you may want to rethink that prediction iffyy2k

Also, your average 970 is still going for 200-250. 980/980 Tis are still floating around at or near 300.

I doubt we'll see $250 1070s.

If those 1180s are actually 1500, you may want to rethink that prediction iffyy2k

Also, your average 970 is still going for 200-250. 980/980 Tis are still floating around at or near 300.

I doubt we'll see $250 1070s.

That's a little high on the 970's. They can be had for around $150-175, 980 for $200-225, and the 980Ti for ~$300. I picked up an Asus Strix 980 complete with box for $150 shipped.

I would have bought one of these cards if I needed one.

Last edited:
Back