EVGA: 1.1 year overtake

We'll eat you EVGA wussies raw :D

(we like you guys too, don't worry ;) )

Now as far as the team goes, take a look at our top 20 producers. You need at least 46k to get there and I've seen it as high as 53k to be #20.
Our 20th position is currently around the mid-30s and not that much lower.

Most of the "hardcore" folders are running the bigadv cpu clients. We'll see if Stanford keeps those coming.
Stanford probably will continue offering them. I think they want to give incentives for those who have the muscle and interested to process very large WUs in an appreciable amount of time. Stanford craves fast turn arounds.

Anyway, you guys have a great team, I'll stop in to trash talk you one in a while. FOLD ON brothers!
Thanks! :cool:

Our 20th position is currently around the mid-30s and not that much lower.

Stanford probably will continue offering them. I think they want to give incentives for those who have the muscle and interested to process very large WUs in an appreciable amount of time. Stanford craves fast turn arounds.

Thanks! :cool:

Man, such a different reaction. When I posted on the EVGA forums I was told I wasn't welcome there and to either fold for EVGA or shut the hell up. All I did was say there was a relationship between a tripling in point production and the EVGA promotion, and that they had a very strong core of folders.

Man, such a different reaction. When I posted on the EVGA forums I was told I wasn't welcome there and to either fold for EVGA or shut the hell up. All I did was say there was a relationship between a tripling in point production and the EVGA promotion, and that they had a very strong core of folders.

A nerve you stuck me thinks :D

Wow...that's something I never would have expected from fellow folders, but then again I don't often visit the EVGA forums. Guess I'm just used to the DC forums here on the [H] though...

So when is [H] going to dish out promotions for F@H? :D

Already got access to General Mayhem, so that's no incentive any more :(

Link? Unless your post was obviously trolling and deserved that response, that doesn't sound like the EVGA Folding forum.

So when is [H] going to dish out promotions for F@H? :D

Already got access to General Mayhem, so that's no incentive any more :(

We don't feel like monetary awards should be an incentive to help our fellow man. More power to those that fold for $$$$. It's a free country.

Upgraded from 2 9800gtx +'s in my main rig to a GTX 285, Wish I could get gpu folding working under 64bit linux......

There have been many that have done it under WINE.

lol that is what I am working on :D keep getting UNSTABLE_MACHINE...... This was a driver issue though now that I have that figured out I am ready to give it another go :D

I just want to point out that EVGA is up to 1.5 years away.

Good work everyone. :D

its ok, everyone oes the best they can with what they have

You can only play the hand you're dealt

the glitch n the stats and they ramped about 2 weeks ago, just fought up quick after the glitch
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

the glitch n the stats and they ramped about 2 weeks ago, just fought up quick after the glitch
So, you're saying this is a normalizing of the stats and that they were actually closer all the time? That doesn't bode well... :(

So, you're saying this is a normalizing of the stats and that they were actually closer all the time? That doesn't bode well... :(

The title of the thread should have let you know they were closer all the time..... We are still slowly ramping faster than they are. A lot of their ramp a few weeks ago was one person with 400k ppd that was only folding for about a week.

they did start ramping about 2 weeks ago, had a half dozen or so, maybe more, switch over to the BIG units, so now we are seing the huge bonuses they see

they are heavy on that over there, lots of guys with i7's

Well, they ain't the only ones with i7's. When I get my router straightened out, I am gona try to get my 920 folding on the big wu's. It's running at 3.6 with the stock cooler at stock volts, but the True was ordered last night, and hopefully I'll be able to see at least 4.0.

I just recently built my i7 @ 4ghz watercooled with an xfx 5850 I wonder how much ppd I can push on that. Anyone know if the F@H gpu/cpu clients are compatible with windows 7 64 bit? It doesn't mention anything about windows 7 on this page http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther
I run the F@H GPU client on Win7 64bit just fine :D. So you shouldn't have issues there.
In some aspects Win7 is alot like Vista.

I just recently built my i7 @ 4ghz watercooled with an xfx 5850 I wonder how much ppd I can push on that. Anyone know if the F@H gpu/cpu clients are compatible with windows 7 64 bit? It doesn't mention anything about windows 7 on this page http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Most of us are running 7 and have been since the beta.

The i7 with -bigadv with the bonus should be 20k-25k ppd? (I think)
ATI is not as fast as NV cards folding, but you should still get 4k on that card. I've seen a few people get 5 series cards up.... at least i thought I did.

If you need help setting up, please just start a thread! We are happy to help.

The title of the thread should have let you know they were closer all the time.....
I do know that. This thread was started 3 weeks ago. I was referring only to the sudden drop this week of their overtake time from 1.6 years to 1.2 years in the span of 24hrs without a corresponding spike in their production. This is what took me by surprise not the fact EVGA is close. I had hoped we were actually making some significant headway but it turns out that was an illusion caused by the stats glitch. This basically means we have to try harder, much, much [H]arder.

Do you have a 5850 that works with that switch DooKey? Becuase It doesn't work on my 5850. 5870's only with that switch.

Hmm, I don't remember if I ever tried creating a new shortcut from the install file. I will definitely check this out when I get home.

Shouldn't be any diff between a 5850 and a 5870. Just create a new shortcut and put the switch in. You can't use the shortcut the install program creates.

We have to try harder, but we have Made headway, we went from 3.3 mil to 3.8 in a month, nothing record setting, but a feat none the less. Plus, the spike in meMbership, not too bad

Now if only we had a 100$ [H]ordeBucks incentive :)

We have to try harder, but we have Made headway, we went from 3.3 mil to 3.8 in a month, nothing record setting, but a feat none the less. Plus, the spike in meMbership, not too bad

Now if only we had a 100$ [H]ordeBucks incentive :)

Some how I think a [H]ordeBuck is worth just a bit more than a Shrute Buck, and a bit less than a Stanley nickle.

Back