Everyone under 18 post your setup

Am I gonna be the first one brave enough to say I was one helluva spoiled brat and still am?

No shame :D

Save the forthcoming lectures from whoever, this one doesn't give one shit about [your] sob story and laments about the world.

Who cares if your spoiled, the only ones that care are the ones that want to live your life. Heck I wasn't spoiled I grew up in a 3rd world country for most of my childhood. But hey I am not complaining about it. Or wishing I was spoiled, I'm just happy I am in America now.

Trying Counter Strike out on my Hack Pro, with my new Aluminum macbook (glassbook). The thinkpad didn't make into the picture because its been relinquished to workout itunes computer.

2965024897_6cb3e3cda7_b.jpg

Its possible to get $4000 in 3 or so months. Before I turned 18 I was making $9.50 an hour at a party store since I had worked there since I was 16. I worked 35 hours a week. Now I am in a freshman in college taking 16 credits, at $15.00 an hour full time, working for a crisis center for mentally challenged kids. It's not impossible just save up money:D.

I can do $4000 in a good month. I did it at 15, I can still do it at 17. Its a lot harder with school taking up all my time though, so that's a summer figure.

Trying Counter Strike out on my Hack Pro, with my new Aluminum macbook (glassbook). The thinkpad didn't make into the picture because its been relinquished to workout itunes computer.

I can do $4000 in a good month. I did it at 15, I can still do it at 17. Its a lot harder with school taking up all my time though, so that's a summer figure.

Nice contrast. Seattleite hum :D

@Markistehnamezor, the ones who "care" are the "adults" who've trashed this thread and decided to bring their POV on life to this thread, glaring down at everyone who they envy or abhor. Now this thread has turned into a slugfest for young people to justify their rigs. It's like they have to have earned the cash themselves as a criteria for posting and not getting flamed here.

yea Its easy getting money without school in the way. When I get weeks offs due to winter/spring breaks, I'll do like 60+ hour weeks when they let me. BTW nice set up you two above me.

I worked for most of my stuff and got a lot of it for xmas (inner pc components). My speaker system,37 inch lcd tv and my 30 inch dell monitor i paid for by working for my friends uncle(putting battarys in flashlights in my bedroom making 16 bucks an hour). Id spend about 6 hours a week making flashlights while watching movies in my room and get 96 bucks.

To all of you who are questioning whether these people actually bought this stuff on their own, let me point out a something as someone who has recently transitioned into the "real world".

You would be surprised at how far a decent paying job goes when almost all your income is disposable. In most cases, when young people live at home their room and board costs are negligible...

To all of you who are questioning whether these people actually bought this stuff on their own, let me point out a something as someone who has recently transitioned into the "real world".

You would be surprised at how far a decent paying job goes when almost all your income is disposable. In most cases, when young people live at home their room and board costs are negligible...

Yea, if you do the math it isn't hard at all to picture people being able to afford all these goodies :D I currently make 10.50 an hour, probably about 30 hours a week. 600 every 2 is more than enough to keep me going. And that is at best buy, where promotions come QUICKLY (Supervisors after ONE year? There are 4 at my store. )

Sorry I turned 18 in the 18th :( Can I still post? lol. Though my setup isn't much worth a post, only a little over 1000EUR cost which I infact did pay for myself, with the money I got from a part-time job at a golfcourse.
Got a discount on the parts cus I used to work at the place as an intern (And will again). Paid too much for the GPU, 270EUR but I was determined. :p

Oh well I'll clean up the wiring inside and post some pics tomorrow or later this week.

Who cares if your spoiled, the only ones that care are the ones that want to live your life. Heck I wasn't spoiled I grew up in a 3rd world country for most of my childhood. But hey I am not complaining about it. Or wishing I was spoiled, I'm just happy I am in America now.

Now this is a person who has their head screwed on right. I was born in this country (US) and I appreciate that fact everyday. Thank you for showing me I'm not the only one that appreciates what he has. Sorry off-topic. :cool:

This is old school geekage from 6 years ago I guess? You are spoiled in a different way now a days (as I was back then I am sure compared to the older people)

desk3.jpg

desk4.jpg

btw, I actually made my bed,

You got 4 cd drives! where did you get IDE card? They were expensive back then, when I looked...

Here's my rig
Antec 900 Case
Asus M3A32MVP Deluxe Wifi/Ap
AMD Phenom Quad Core @ 2.6 GHz
Western Digital 500 GB Hard Drive
2 GB RAM
2 x Visiontek Radeon 3870 x2 in CrossfireX
Coolmax CUG950B 950 watt modular PSU
DVD/RW Drive

net0n4.jpg

Coolmax CUG950B 950 watt modular PSU

I had the coolmax 450, it only lasted 2 years, before dying quietly. [None of my assorted cheapo PSUs have done any of the horror stories I've heard they will...] I got it at some computer store before I discovered the internet, it was double what it was at newegg, I'm sad now, I wasted $100, I could of gotten some PCP&C silencer, or something...

AHAH! WinME...

I had frogger 1, and I got SC3K through mail order....
I should check out quarantine, sounds cool.

best [486];1033238591 said:
AHAH! WinME...

I had frogger 1, and I got SC3K through mail order....
I should check out quarantine, sounds cool.

Quarantine is great! first game I think that ever had a cd audio sound track (all by aussies ithink)

Sadly my disc has a HUGE scratch on it so the songs are no longer playable. :(

Quarantine is great! first game I think that ever had a cd audio sound track (all by aussies ithink)

Sadly my disc has a HUGE scratch on it so the songs are no longer playable. :(
HL1 had some pretty cool techno-ish music, though I don't know if it would work in a CD player.

I despise the techno thing you like to sometimes call music! But that's just my opinion.

That's pretty offtopic there...

The edit/delete button implies that I can delete my own post, but I can't find the checkbox to do so, I realized right after posting that my post was just as irrelevant/useless as the person's that I was commenting on.

While I still meet the reqs..

n1333170187_30310213_9645.jpg

Just a partial shot.. pretty much covers everything on the desktop, though

n1333170187_30301376_3699.jpg

and a shot of me falling asleep in front of the computer..

Still piecing together my desktop rig.. been saving little, spending little, so the desktop was first priority (was running 17'' TN Dell monitor.. simply not enough room to be working on 'big picture' layouts for clients). Bought a 2407WFP A04 for 400ish off of the 'bay earlier this year, and Swans (because everyone loves a little luxury in their lives). MX came later, was kind of an impulsive 'i'm in a huge depression and i've got a shit load of work left to be done' decision.. kind of would rather have the $75 than the mouse itself.
But hey, we're prone to make idiotic financial decisions, right?

The tablet is a 6x11 from Wacom.. again, a 'bay'd item.. helps free up constraints I used to have while vectoring.. now that problem is solved.

Rig is still under construction.. i'm buying the parts as I come across ridiculous deals. 8800GT XLR8 from PNY ($100 - at the time, epic), Antec Sonata w/ 500w PSU (70$), WD 160GB SATA (41$), 2GB Corsair PC8500 1066 ram (37$), and an optical drive for 17$. Still have to buy the mobo and the processor.. still trying to see if i7 is worth the hype, or if I should let other people byte the bullet and scavenge the "FS" forum on [H]ard. The plan is to hunt for G0 Q6600s, or maybe even Q9550s, depending on how steep the market gets with the coming of i7. Reason being is that i'm expanding into video content.. not just the wack YouTube clips you see floating around, but actual, artistically respectable films. That and.. i'm sick of taking a shower based on when I open photoshop..

As for what I do.. I don't do anything. I like doing what I do, and I don't consider it 'work to be done' if people are paying me for my hobby. It's nice to come home to a generous payment.. and it gives me more options (financially). I bought all of my gear based on my workflow and I used them as tools to diversify... hence the fancy swag. iPhones are also a great place to start. I buy books, too.. but that's for a different thread :).

Generally, i'm a frugal guy.. I have wasted so much time scavenging for deals.. subscribed for 'for sale' forums and I hunt strategically.. it takes a lot of time, but it's all about saving money.. and the savings add up.

In my opinion, pulling late shifts and killing yourself over occupation + school is a bit too imbalanced of a lifestyle.. it's a lot more worth it in the end if you can get your head on correctly, rather than worrying about if you can buy the next 'high tech' gear.

Just a thought.

Got my desktop when i was 16 (built it myself). Got my laptop about 5 months ago. Bought it all with my own money. I am now 17.

IMGA0491.jpg

IMGA0492.jpg

IMGA0432.jpg

l_9df0d91c5c7d75e8f8b161c195a0fcf8.jpg

haha i dont even use it i just have it there for no reason im about to give it to a friend and get another 19" or buy a 22" since there so cheap now!

While I'm still 17...

Here are just some previews...Specs in the sig...I will update once I get another CPU as I just sold my POS Q6600 G0 with a VID of 1.325V that couldn't get to 3.6GHz stable

P1000967.jpg

P1000968.jpg

P1000969.jpg

yeah... except for the roof over your head, food, clothing, and bills, you douchebag :D

that's why all these youngin's can afford all this crap... they don't have to pay living expenses! lol

Or they don't count allowance, birthday's and christmas's as "parents paying for stuff"

Haha... I'm 19... parents paid for half of my main comp last christmas... (Mobo, Proc, 1/2 of the Ram...)

Nice wallpaper! I'm actually wearing that TWLOHA shirt as I post this :D

Im 17, but all of this is from odd jobs, or working the summer 1 year ago (i live in Korea, (im american) and i cant get a job cause i dont speak Korean. so, most of this is from when i was in the states)

-snip-

050.jpg

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Or they don't count allowance, birthday's and christmas's as "parents paying for stuff"

Haha... I'm 19... parents paid for half of my main comp last christmas... (Mobo, Proc, 1/2 of the Ram...)

I count "parents buying stuff" as them just buying it for me just cuz i told them i wanted it. My whole setup is paid for by me working at my job. Though due to having a DSM i like to work on my computer is becomming outdated :rolleyes: guess ill have to have mom and dad buy me stuff lol j/k.

3043824253_980d87d55d.jpg

2968361550_4e33142649.jpg

2962615670_37b1bd0ea8.jpg

The above image is before I changed the watercooling loop but it just shows the exterior.

Current Specs:
A+ Tagan Black Pearl Case (Lian Li Rip off :p)
AMD X2 6000+ overclocked to 3.2 GHZ
4GB G skill Ram (2 sticks of 2 GB)
Gigabyte Odin 800 Watt PSU
Asus M32 MVP Deluxe motherboard
Hitachi 500GB Hard Drive
Hitachi 1TB Hard Drive
WD 500GB Hard Drive external
AMD Sapphire 4870X2 GPU
Asus Xonar D2X
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

My temps are:
CPU: 34 Idle --- 40 Load