Everspace 2

Very excited for this, but I hate the trope of spaceships going underwater. Space = ships is trying to inflate like a balloon, Atmosphere = trying to crush the ship like a can, Underwater = crushing x 100...

Very excited for this, but I hate the trope of spaceships going underwater. Space = ships is trying to inflate like a balloon, Atmosphere = trying to crush the ship like a can, Underwater = crushing x 100...

Is this mainly a super fast arcade game about collecting power ups when you kill enemies?

I am a bit confused at what this is supposed to be. Seems like it has a very loose narrative, and is a looter shooter?

There is a free demo on steam also, I got it to check it out to see if I would like it. I played a couple hours so far and havent made up my mind yet, I like some parts of the game but controls are kinda iffy.

I am a bit confused at what this is supposed to be. Seems like it has a very loose narrative, and is a looter shooter?
I think it is a looter shooter. You probably collect power ups after you kill enemies and it's probably geared toward third person. The storyline looks to be complete trash or incomprehensible.

I think it is a looter shooter. You probably collect power ups after you kill enemies and it's probably geared toward third person. The storyline looks to be complete trash or incomprehensible.

You pretty much fly around in your ship shooting enemies, collect any loot they drop and explore to find more loot. It has the standard wow loot quality colors, quests to do, repair costs, and junk to sell to vendors.

You pretty much fly around in your ship shooting enemies, collect any loot they drop and explore to find more loot. It has the standard wow loot quality colors, quests to do, repair costs, and junk to sell to vendors.
Is it very arcadey? I know it's not billing itself as a sim at all. I just wonder sort of how frantic and fast pasted and childlike the game play is.

Yeah it is def arcadey for the flying and there is a lot of keys you need to use to fly around. Not just the simple WASD and mouse. Id say try out the free demo and see how you like it, the demo is right on the main store page.

i am interested but not paying the current price. I will wait for a 50% off sale.

It looks okay, but I wish it was mission based with a better story rather than being a looter shooter. I may try it eventually. Everspace bored me because it was rouge like. I made it a few hours.

I reinstalled the demo based on 1.0. I was feeling mixed on it from the last time I tried it. Today, I turned auto aim all the way up to help with dog fights. That helped a lot. I also got to the point of leveling up, buying armor plating, and finding new weapons. It has been more fun so far.

It's fun but there are some repetitive mechanics that will make people lose interest after a while. One thing I don't like about the game is that even when using the jump drive, it can take a while to get between destinations. You CAN unlock faster travel by completing challenges for each sector, but I really don't have a lot of patience for games that don't respect the players time these days. The story is disposable.

Things I do like are the loot drops and RPG upgrades and progression. The game is very well optimized and looks nice overall. The flight mechanics are definitely arcadey but dog fighting is fun overall. I'm using mouse & keyboard and the controls are very responsive and fairly easy to master.

All in all it's a solid above average, space based, looter shooter.

I've been playing a bit more and the game is starting to grow on me. There are a huge amount of hand-built areas and some of the highlights take place inside asteroids that resemble the old shooter Descent as you traverse cave systems and mines. Coupled with the general space exploration, progression and the variety of gameplay makes the title quite satisfying. The opening hours can seem quite slow and repetitive so it pays to stick with it if you can. The puzzles are fairly basic but fun and rewarding.

Some locations can have large outlaw or other faction bases that are fun to destroy and salvage loot from. As you progress further there are some good quality of life upgrades that make exploring more efficient and satisfying.

I downloaded a trainer that has an 'increase game speed' option which immediately improved my enjoyment of the game by cutting down the tedious jump travel speed. I would almost go as far to say it is essential.

Are you using a controller? That would be how I'd play it since I avoid mouse and keyboard for gaming bc I use both all day at work.

Are you using a controller? That would be how I'd play it since I avoid mouse and keyboard for gaming bc I use both all day at work.

I'm using mouse and keyboard and apparently this is what the devs recommend. Supposedly it plays fairly well with controller but I haven't tested it out personally. There is a demo on steam you can give a try to see if it works for you.

I'm using mouse and keyboard and apparently this is what the devs recommend. Supposedly it plays fairly well with controller but I haven't tested it out personally. There is a demo on steam you can give a try to see if it works for you.
i'm a big fan of using controllers for pc gaming but i can attest that everspace is definitely better on mouse and keyboard. it was clearly designed with it in mind and controller support was somewhat of an afterthought. not that you can't have fun using controller, but it's just WAY easier to land shots or make tight maneuvers with m/kb.

If you think of your ship as your character, qualified yes? You don't start very powerful but you can find random drops that really change how your ship plays. Looks beautiful!

Back