Everex XT5000T Support thread

uhhh...

I would disagree. I only have 1 gig of RAM in here...and this CPU is junk, therefore I say its the SAME 7600.....you must have.... da da da, bad drivers. Like 80% of the xt5000t users out there, sadly. Search around for some GOOD ones, everex are junk

edit:
that picture is my screeny lol. >9000 in aquamark 03

Thats an impressive score dude, I am already jealous. ;) The point I was making was that the GO 7600 is more like a 6600GT because it has 8 pixel pipes/ 5 vertex shaders almost exactly like the 6600GT. If it was like the desktop version 7600GT with 12 pixel pipes my Dell desktop with a single core Pentium 4 2.80 GHZ 533 FSB and old 1.280 GB PC2100 would not be able to outperform the XT5000T using an AGP bus. You got a max score of 9329 while my desktop got 11,507 in 3d Mark 03 and it doesn't even have a dual core processor. Try benching 3d Mark 06, I bet you would have a hard time reaching anything above 2800+ like I did with my desktop, with the stock CPU in the XT500T. It would have been nice if Nvidia had include all the 12 pixel pipes in the GO 7600 then that combined with the dual core would have blown away my desktop pc. I would have gotten SIGNIFICANT performace boost in games combined with the dual core processor. I could play bioshock with everything high in my desktop and it goes silky smooth on my desktop at 1024 x 768, 95% of the time, same can't be said about my XT5000T. I think the
XT5000T would die if I played Crysis demo at Medium settings even at 800 X 600. :p

On a side note, what driver version are you using?

Thats an impressive score dude, I am already jealous. ;) The point I was making was that the GO 7600 is more like a 6600GT because it has 8 pixel pipes/ 5 vertex shaders almost exactly like the 6600GT. If it was like the desktop version 7600GT with 12 pixel pipes my Dell desktop with a single core Pentium 4 2.80 GHZ 533 FSB and old 1.280 GB PC2100 would not be able to outperform the XT5000T using an AGP bus. You got a max score of 9329 while my desktop got 11,507 in 3d Mark 03 and it doesn't even have a dual core processor. Try benching 3d Mark 06, I bet you would have a hard time reaching anything above 2800+ like I did with my desktop, with the stock CPU in the XT500T. It would have been nice if Nvidia had include all the 12 pixel pipes in the GO 7600 then that combined with the dual core would have blown away my desktop pc. I would have gotten SIGNIFICANT performace boost in games combined with the dual core processor. I could play bioshock with everything high in my desktop and it goes silky smooth on my desktop at 1024 x 768, 95% of the time, same can't be said about my XT5000T. I think the
XT5000T would die if I played Crysis demo at Medium settings even at 800 X 600. :p

On a side note, what driver version are you using?

actually...check out what rivatuner tells us...da da da masked pipelines / shaders! too bad theyre laser cut :(

what would that make it...a 7950?

Grrrrrr, after having it for 5 sweet months It slide off of my couch and broke the lcd screen on it, everything still works but the screen is cracked and worthless now. Any way to get a replacement lcd for it anywhere???? Can I hook it up to an external monitor via the dvi (like my westinghouse 47 inch 1080p lcd display) and will it auto detect it? Help!!!

You can probably send the lappy to Everex for replacement screen. Mine is slightly cracked in one of the corners, not sure how and why, but it still works fine. I will send it for a new screen after new year, right now I need it.
Too bad for your lappy, I hope you get it fixed soon.
Best,
DK

Grrrrrr, after having it for 5 sweet months It slide off of my couch and broke the lcd screen on it, everything still works but the screen is cracked and worthless now. Any way to get a replacement lcd for it anywhere???? Can I hook it up to an external monitor via the dvi (like my westinghouse 47 inch 1080p lcd display) and will it auto detect it? Help!!!

Hey your best friend at http://www.laptoprepairco.com/ then...

1. Click to "Search for your laptop parts" on top of screen or Click to "Part Search" right below.

2. Select "Search by Brand to select Everex" then click to sumbit query.

3. It will show you ALL parts with photo each (EVERYTHING) can be replacement EVEN they do have blow fan for sale too etc... good stuff right there BAM POW !!!

4. bad news replacement lcd is .....319 buck ouch.

PS, hey B34ST1Y, I wonder if you have been to website for parts ? try browse and you might need some parts ? good luck.

phatbx133

thanks phatbx, but i've fully taken care of my damaged laptop, and everything is 100% working :-D

..any word on those dipswitch settings???? ANYONE?

Thanks for the replies. $319??? Eh thats half the price of the laptop, dont think I will be buying a new lcd then. I still wonder if an external display will be auto detected by the laptop? If you know, let me know so I can go out and buy a new dvi cable for it. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. $319??? Eh thats half the price of the laptop, dont think I will be buying a new lcd then. I still wonder if an external display will be auto detected by the laptop? If you know, let me know so I can go out and buy a new dvi cable for it. Thanks!

It should be auto detected. Just plug it in and you're good to go.

I am looking to buy the stock 1GB chip that came in our XT5000T. I really need it... send me a PM if you have one!!! -Thanks :)

Huh ? what seems problem with 64bit for you ?

Mine running like rock.

Im not gaming on my lappy.

phatbx133

The OS itself runs very well, I will say that. But beyond that, it's troublesome. 32-bit code runs like a dog, and it's sometimes hard to find 64-bit apps and drivers. Hell, I had a bitch of a time gettting the Media Center and Media Player to work cause they require 64-bit codecs, and they aren't easy to find and/or get working.

If you don't game, then that will save you a lot of headaches, but I do game on the lappy, and games ran like shit, even worse than in 32-bit Vista.

I guess it depends upon what you do with the laptop.

I was hunting around newegg and came across this little gem:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820180629

It's an SD-card with a USB connector, this means you can effectively snap the card in half (breaking off the USB connector). The now shorter SD card should be able to fit cleanly inside the card reader in the XT500T, which means internal ready boost without the back half of a normal SD card hanging out of the front of the laptop.

Think this'll work?

20-180-629-02.jpg

The bottom folds under and USB sticks out. I'm not sure if just snapping it off works.
Cons: I'll be mad when it breaks! It folds in half when using the USB part and it seem like it could break very easy.

The OS itself runs very well, I will say that. But beyond that, it's troublesome. 32-bit code runs like a dog, and it's sometimes hard to find 64-bit apps and drivers. Hell, I had a bitch of a time gettting the Media Center and Media Player to work cause they require 64-bit codecs, and they aren't easy to find and/or get working.

If you don't game, then that will save you a lot of headaches, but I do game on the lappy, and games ran like shit, even worse than in 32-bit Vista.

I guess it depends upon what you do with the laptop.

I do my lappy for surf net, emails, chat, small footprint games like spider solitaire, poker, photo, play few oldies games but goodies games pretty much so.

Mine running with 2GB, will 4GB notice difference ? just wonder if 2GB worth upgrade to 4GB to max performance ?

Wonder if CRYSIS will able to run this ? maybe we watch the movie like slideshow hee hee.

phatbx133

actually...check out what rivatuner tells us...da da da masked pipelines / shaders! too bad theyre laser cut :(

what would that make it...a 7950?

Well Rivatuner tells us that it is:

128-bit G73 (B1, 8pp (pixel pipes), 5vp (vertex-pipes)) with 256MB DDR2. So I was right this is a 8 pipe chip not like the 12 pipe 7600GT desktop that was reported by GPU-Z, hence explains the sub-par scores in 3D Marks, when you have a single core P4 2.80 GHZ with 7600GT beating this with a dual core X2 TL-50, then you know that the GO 7600 is a 8 pixel pipe. But you are right they are laser cut :( so we can not unlock the extra 4 pipes.:(

Well Rivatuner tells us that it is:

128-bit G73 (B1, 8pp (pixel pipes), 5vp (vertex-pipes)) with 256MB DDR2. So I was right this is a 8 pipe chip not like the 12 pipe 7600GT desktop that was reported by GPU-Z, hence explains the sub-par scores in 3D Marks, when you have a single core P4 2.80 GHZ with 7600GT beating this with a dual core X2 TL-50, then you know that the GO 7600 is a 8 pixel pipe. But you are right they are laser cut :( so we can not unlock the extra 4 pipes.:(

pwned. gg to us :(

Hi Guys,

I decide to remove wireless adapter from inside laptop and took some picture and some capture screen show system information before and after.

I am glad I see 7600 now LOCKED it own irq this time by remove wireless adapter volia !!!

Sorry guys I dont have high-speed this time and no need for me to have wireless adapter inside EVEN those made in china...EKKKK !!!

See we have problem with 7600/wireless share IRQ right ??? not anymore and look at pix below...

Phew !!!...I wont care about cheap china wireless adapter...even cause conflict each other , anyway I am going buy new wireless with thumb USB or express card (I prefer removeable wireless when not use)

Hope it help

phatbx133

well phatbx133 i was hoping when u reinstaled the wireless both had their own irq but i can see thats not what you did. you just totally got rid of the wireless card :p

lol

Just curious on what you guys would recommend for cooling on the xt5000t I mostly game on it and I was thinking about getting a zalman cooler but I was curious on what other users were using if there is a better device out on the market.

Thanks,

JoltX

Just curious on what you guys would recommend for cooling on the xt5000t I mostly game on it and I was thinking about getting a zalman cooler but I was curious on what other users were using if there is a better device out on the market.

Thanks,

JoltX

how about reading up on the 70 pages of this thread we've already taken the time to write up? Don't ask old questions.

Hi Guys,

Nothing special here...just small tips...

Run WEI SCORE for ONLY one hard drive.

No, I am not talking about 2 HDD or raid stuff here.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Base score 4.4 before
Base score 4.5 After

Disk data transfer rate-: 4.4 with Nvidia Nforce 430/410 Driver BEFORE..

Disk data transfer rate-: 4.5 With Standard Dual Channel Driver AFTER..

Worth one cent change driver to defaults ? you decide, I like it, it's stable driver rather than Nvidia remind me old Nforce 2 remixed drivers on my old Abit AN7 so many problem like champ NF7 series instant classic.

Update note,

I noticed shutdown responds much quicker like about 10 sec, this one better than Everex Vista 32bit Oem DVD took forever shitdown.

I'm running clean installed Vista 64bit OS by the way.

phatbx133

How about offering helpful solutions instead of being pig-headed about it. Looking for new input on what everyone is using cooling wise ive read the 70 pages your talking about and taken that input in doesnt mean I cant ask to see what other users are finding for solutions that work for them. It's been a more then helpful thread on various issues.

A little respect goes a long way...

Guys,

I think I solved problem with Motherboard Resources in Dev Mang in "Nvidia Nforce System Management" simple is disabled, pix below...

Anyone know about "Nvidia Nforce System Management" ???, try not to confuse with "Nvidia Nforce System Management Controller" in Dev Mang.

Still testing to see if they act up or anything wrong.

phatbx133

How about offering helpful solutions instead of being pig-headed about it. Looking for new input on what everyone is using cooling wise ive read the 70 pages your talking about and taken that input in doesnt mean I cant ask to see what other users are finding for solutions that work for them. It's been a more then helpful thread on various issues.

A little respect goes a long way...

I'm not disrespecting you at all, it's when people ask a question that can only lead people to believe you have done *minimal* research on your question, because it is *thoroughly* covered in the 70 pages prior.

But I'm not raggin on you for asking it, I'm saying if you've honestly read back, then ask away. >.>

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a second hard drive, a Seagate Momentus 7200.2 160GB.

I know it's been mentioned before and honestly I'm too lazy to try and find it in 70 pages, but what utility have others used to clone the original drive?

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a second hard drive, a Seagate Momentus 7200.2 160GB.

I know it's been mentioned before and honestly I'm too lazy to try and find it in 70 pages, but what utility have others used to clone the original drive?

dont quote me on it...but I *think* partition magic can take care of that....maybehhh..... lol

dont quote me on it...but I *think* partition magic can take care of that....maybehhh..... lol

PM8 won't work. It chokes on the hidden partition. I got impatient (impatience trumps lazy for me 99.9% of the time) and did a search, all I could find in this thread was EZ Gig. But apparently you can't just get the software, you have to buy a kit or something. For many years I used Ghost, but the older versions don't work too well anymore and the newer versions suffer from the same problems as the rest of Symantec's products -- severely bloated hogware (yes, that's my own term...)

Trolled around the Everex forums and someone suggested Acronis/DiscWizard, which is a free download from Seagate as long as you have a Seagate or Maxtor drive. Since the new drive is indeed Seagate, I went that way.

Cloning is currently in progress...

Just as an aside: anyone notice a significant loss in battery life by having 2 hard drives instead of one? Not that I run off the battery very often (and I only get about 1.5-2 hours on max power saving when I do), but it would still be good to know.

Kinda debating whether or not I want to keep the old drive in the machine for media storage or pull it out and slap it into an external case I can use anywhere.

OK, the cloning finished with no issues, now back in Vista, and seeing some odd things.

First off the drive is reporting as SATA-I 150, even though it's a SATA-II 300. Also of note is that the speed test performed by the driver shows both drives being the same. Simply. Not. Possible.

Updated the WEI, and my hard drive score actually went down, 4.4 to 4.3.

Gonna try and get to the bottom of this. If anyone else has has these kinds of issues when they installed a new drive, please chime in and let me know.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, jumper needs to be off for 300 and on for 150. Default is usually on.

If I remember correctly, jumper needs to be off for 300 and on for 150. Default is usually on.

Yup... jumper was set. Things got a little better once I pulled it. The HDTach numbers I was getting were still very low, but I figured out it's cause of the advanced features in the Nvidia driver, like read caching and NCQ. If you roll back to the Microsoft driver you get really high burst speeds, but that's because you don't have those additional features.

From what I've read having those 2 features turned on in the Nvidia driver lowers your burst speed in benchmarks, but results in better real world performance, so at least for now I'm leaving them on.

After the cloning Vista decided to swap around all the drive letters and completely bork itself. That was fun trying to fix. But it looks all good now. XP didn't even blink twice... it just loaded up like a champ.

So it wasn't nearly as smooth an endeavor as I had hoped it would be, but at least a learned a thing or two.

EDIT: once I got Vista all fixed up again I re-ran the WEI, and it jumped from 4.3 to 5.2 on the hard drive. Niiiiiiice!

Guys,

I found this one very nice details Updates for Windows for both 32/64bit ( Download standlalone hotfix files !!! ) right off the bat link at http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsVista/updates.html#10240701.

not includes security patches but you could use some patches for other things fixed problem.

Mine patches up here pix below...

By the way, Vista 64bit rocks.

Phatbx133

You really only need to install those patches if you're having the problems they are related to. Otherwise you can create problems for yourself. Most if not all of these will be in SP1 which should be released soon.

And don't go around telling people that 64-bit Vista is a good thing. It's only a good thing if you surf the web and read email. If you actually want to USE the machine to watch video, listen to music, play games, etc., 64-bit Vista is 10x more aggravation than it's worth, and 90% of the time will be slower than 32-bit Vista.

Back