Ever had game you've played it so much, you despise it now?

Z

Ziontrain

WoW is a big one for me....I couldn't get enough of it, but now I can't stand even having a conversation about it with my friends that still play.

Gran Turismo is another...played it so much and tweaking the gearbox ratio for hours and hours. I picked it up the other day at a friends and thought "man, how could I have played this 10-12 hrs a day in High school"?

WoW would probably be high on my list

Maybe BF2, I thought it was fun for a about 2 weeks then I got tired of the BS artillery and vehicles. Doesn't suite my TDM style of play.

WoW would probably be high on my list

Maybe BF2, I thought it was fun for a about 2 weeks then I got tired of the BS artillery and vehicles. Doesn't suite my TDM style of play.

TDM?

Diablo 2. Kinda, beta tested it then was kinda blah about it. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to get a group to play it with, that would be cool but overall blah..

sweet kick some azz....

CS got like that and it helped me get into BF2 and DOD: S

I still play a lot of BF2 but it's a love/hate relationship. :D

Same. I get BF2 cravings, but anything that's more than a quickie makes me get bored of it.

I despise the original counterstrike, I can't believe I used to play it so much..long ago.

Battlefield 2 is rather addicting. If you get bored with 1 style you can switch it up with different soldiers and vehicles. That's why you don't really get bored with it. I fire it up almost every night. :)

I don't play WOW so I don't know.

I'm pretty much fully addicted to BF2 and after pouring in over 1200 hours into it usually I just play it because it's just part of my life now. Like brushing my teeth in the morning - it's just something I do. LOL

I'm pretty much fully addicted to BF2 and after pouring in over 1200 hours into it usually I just play it because it's just part of my life now. Like brushing my teeth in the morning - it's just something I do. LOL

What level are you? I only played maybe 250 hours. I'm only Master Sergeant about to turn First Sergeant.

Wow..thats 50 days worth of playing..What do you generally do in the game? Infantry, Jets, Helis, Command? I'm guessing you do it all, since you haven't got tired of the game yet.

Silkroad Online, I stopped playing it last summer but i racked up something like 880 hours :(

My rank is currently Colonel and I play a lot of stuff. Lately I've been into the infantry only maps and Iron Gator for some reason. There is a LOT of variety in BF2 and there's a very large number of maps so it's kept my interest. For whatever reason I'm into the numbers so lately I haven't had a whole lot of interest since the stats have been messed up. My points get updated but time awards like the SF Navy medal don't update and other folks have said that the ranks aren't updating, either. I'd be playing a lot more but I'm fairly close to the next rank (the 2 star Major General) so I don't want to cross that 180,000 point threshold only to have nothing happen. :p

I put in something like 1250 hours in guild wars over all my characters. But for some reason i don't despise it. During the year or so of playing i was a three letter winner in sports and actually had a decent relationship with a girl. (not a g/f, just a great time). The only game i would despise is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because i painfully played it for nearly 25 hours and then my crosshairs vanished after a save! $%@#$! Maybe i'll load it up some lonely night next month, or year whenever i get over my rage.

My rank is currently Colonel and I play a lot of stuff. Lately I've been into the infantry only maps and Iron Gator for some reason. There is a LOT of variety in BF2 and there's a very large number of maps so it's kept my interest. For whatever reason I'm into the numbers so lately I haven't had a whole lot of interest since the stats have been messed up. My points get updated but time awards like the SF Navy medal don't update and other folks have said that the ranks aren't updating, either. I'd be playing a lot more but I'm fairly close to the next rank (the 2 star Major General) so I don't want to cross that 180,000 point threshold only to have nothing happen. :p

180,000 points. God. It took me a year just to get to 21000 points. You must play like 4 hour sessions everyday. After 1 game you only get like 50-100 points. Sometimes not even. You must have played BF2 like 3000 times and each session taking 30 minutes or so.

I'll catch up to you soon. :p

solitaire. though I've always despised it. I despised it more and more as I played more and more.

Asteroids for the Atari 2600.. I got it and Combat with my then new, console and wasted an entire summer vacation on it.. Well now I basically despise any asteroids like game..

Neverwinter Nights. It as a good game, but quite possible to have too much of it. In fact, I played it so much to death (more the multiplayer than the sp campaigns) that I soured on isometric rpgs in general, including KOTOR. It all seems the same to me now.

This is impossible for me, even after playing games for hours and years i never despise a game i like. I always find my self returning to it.

WoW. When you stop playing it's like waking up for a date rape drug. You feel so abused and cheap.

180,000 points. God. It took me a year just to get to 21000 points. You must play like 4 hour sessions everyday. After 1 game you only get like 50-100 points. Sometimes not even. You must have played BF2 like 3000 times and each session taking 30 minutes or so.

I'll catch up to you soon. :p

Actually my stats say that I average 1.55 hours/day and my score per minute is 2.55. (153 per hour) :D Actually I've played 3,852 matches of BF2. lol

Ghost Busters for the NES... god why did i spend time in that piece of shit! >.<
For further reference refer to the Video Game Nerd :p

WoW, its just absolutely pointless, its mindless killing of monsters and people, thats what the entire game is....

how did I know that OP was going to mention WoW.....
I always run xfire when I play games, I have 850+ hours of GW total and about 220 hours of WoW. I do not regret spending a ton of time in GW, it was fun, that is all that matters. What I do regret doing however, is not getting WoW sooner, I was one of them noobs that thought: "GW PWNZ WOW!!!!"

Call of Duty(one and two), I seriously hate them... but I'm so good at it I can't help but play.

Oblivion, I finished it and I'm never going back. I played like 200 hours.

I never got sick of Tribes 2 i just dont play it anymore because theres not alot of people left and the only ones that play arena are hackers.

Got sick of Tribes 2 due to the blatant cheating and lack of players, etc. However I still play Tribes 1 and I believe Tribes 1 has more people playing than Tribes 2 and Vengeance combined.

cs 1.6 for me. I played it competitively for about 7 years and during that time with a select few exceptions, I didn't play anything else. When I finally realized it was time to find something new, I felt like I didn't have a clue about gaming anymore. I couldn't relate to any other games because I'd played cs so long.

Everyone once in a while I'll fire it up again just to see, but the annoyance and hatred are definitely still there.

Same deal with WoW. I sunk countless hours into my char during my 6 month stint and when I quit I didn't know what else was available because WoW was all I had played. I tried the BC 10 day trial to see if it had changed the game much, but it was the same old rep grind it was before.

I'm feeling that way about Lego Star Wars II. After playing every level over and over to get 100% completion i don't know if i'll ever go back.

Another shout out for recurrent CS nightmares...source and otherwise...I get blood in my pee just thinking about it!

On the other hand no game ever captivated me for as long and as completely...and my gaming days go back to my TRS-80...

An honorable mention for Oblivion though I must admit it took inadvertently erasing the last 4 months of saved games before I was able to face my problem and stop.
:(

Back