Even worth it upgrading to windows 7 from vista 64bit ultimate?

I think if you are running Vista now and like it you won't need to upgrade to windows 7 unless you really want to.

7 will certainly do some stuff Vista can't but they are still, IMO, pretty much the same.

A lot of people can't afford to shell out +$200 dollars every 2 years on a new OS. I do not blame Microsoft. Supporting a OS with free updates is not as good of a business plan as pushing out a new OS every 2 years and discontinuing updates soon after.
If you save 30 cents a day for 2 years, you will save about $220. Just sayin'

I'm using the 7 RC on my desktop and haven't seen any performance difference at all compared to Vista. On the other hand my laptop runs much nicer with 7 than it ever did with XP or Vista.

With such a positive feel for windows 7, kinda makes you wonder what Apple commerical's will come up with to make fun of Windows.

With such a positive feel for windows 7, kinda makes you wonder what Apple commerical's will come up with to make fun of Windows.

The same lies they've been doing for years. Their latest commercial had PC go into the future to see if Windows would stop freezing and it froze. Even though I never had issues with Vista freezing or 7 for that matter. I find the commercials funny, but far from the truth.

Also found an old commercial funny about how Apple can do so much out of the box but PC's need to buy software. If MS included the same software Apple did they would get sued for being a monopoly.

I've had an amusing 10 min reading this thread. This guy "Wrangler" is a classic techno drama queen. He talks about getting ripped off and feeling cheated from M$ for releasing a new OS so soon, and is somehow worried that he will lose support. Support from what? Microsoft? Not once in 15 years have I needed any OS support from M$...ie, having to actually call them. Vista x64 works great and has always worked great for me, especially after SP1. Vista's SP1 is all I'll ever need as far as support. As far as it taking him 9 hours to reformat and install progs, that's his own weird thing (either not good with computers or just a glutton for punishment) . Just because your 680i didn't like 4 gigs of ram doesn't mean it was Vistas fault, it was your hardware makers fault. As others have said Wrangler....are you on a dial up or something? Also how does it take you more than 5 seconds to remove a stick of ram? People can use Vista or XP for as long as they want, you have not been duped or cheated in any way. Exactly what support are you worried about losing? Hardware makers are still pumping out drivers for the outdated 8 year old XP OS. Vista drivers will be pumped out for years to come. Wrangler my friend, you're a bit of a drama queen.

The same lies they've been doing for years. Their latest commercial had PC go into the future to see if Windows would stop freezing and it froze. Even though I never had issues with Vista freezing or 7 for that matter. I find the commercials funny, but far from the truth.

Also found an old commercial funny about how Apple can do so much out of the box but PC's need to buy software. If MS included the same software Apple did they would get sued for being a monopoly.

Haha, reminds me of this when I read "monopoly"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOp5mBY9IY

Back