• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Even moar for the [H]orDe

The_Heretic

Certified [H]
Joined
Jun 22, 2001
Messages
15,110
Went by Microcenter and picked up one of those i7 950s (199.99), Gigabyte MB, Win7 64, HSF, CDRW, and a Corsair 800D case. Then taking the RAM, HD, and Pwr supply I already had to build up another machine. First new parts.



800d1.jpg





The I decided to disassemble the 980x box and move parts around. So I stuck the 980x on the gigabyte board with the new cooler in the new box and reassembled the other machine with the Asus Sabretooth using the i7 950. Here's the built 980x box now. :D


Funny thing is the i7 950 in that Asus board boots up at 3.2 GIg, but runs fine. I'll start playing with them both this weekend to get the overclocks up.


800d.jpg



All the CPU power is working on the Christmas Race (just trying to help a brother out), but the video cards are still Folding. :)
 
Motherboard looks tiny in that 800D. Nice. :D
 
The 800D is a real beast, I have one and it's very nice :)

Too bad it's just a i7 920 in mine instead of a 980x :(
 
Nice looking hardware. I try not to go to MC cause I can't just walk out empty handed :D

I've not seen that case in person, but agree it is a beast.



 
The cat appears to be checking out the "specs" of the hardware, not yet sure if approval of your purchase is warranted.
 
If I used cases, that would be one I'd want.

Nice build!
 
The cat appears to be checking out the "specs" of the hardware, not yet sure if approval of your purchase is warranted.


Oh and don't you know he was attempting to assist me in the builds by crawling in the cases and biting on my cables. (he was a dog in a former life ;) )
 
Look who's talking :D

Nice looking stuff for sure. :cool: I'd be interested in seeing what kind of OC and settings you get with the i7-950 on that X58A-UD3R motherboard. I put one of the 950's on one of my UDR3 boards and really haven't had much time to tinker around with it. My other UD3R runs an i7-920 @ 4Ghz with mid 70 temps, so I'd like to think I can get some nice OC's with the 950 as well.
 
Back
Top