Etch POLL

For those of you who have seen the Etching How-To thread this is the place to vote on which image I should etch. Vote by typing 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.

Polls are now CLOSED

Here are the contestants....

1 - Stewie
stewie.jpg

2 - Autobot
pdSTTFM0003.jpg

3 - Bacardi Logo
Bacardi.Logo.jpg

4 - The Mobile Student
http://upload.krazywulph.net/userfiles/Crim/Osaka.jpg

5 - Samus
suit_phazon.jpg

5 samus, stewie is too easy.. i want to know your texture skills as well

i vote for samus... namley cause i already did the autobots symbol and i gotta say it's super easy. it's much harder to do something that requires prospective and some shading like your vash etching or samus. stewey would work but I still think you are better off doing samus plus i havent seen it done and it would make for longer/more fun reading.

Most definately Samus!

I'm a fairly good artist but I haven't been brave enough to do any of this yet. If the how-to helps me I think I'll be doing a couple things out of the Rifts RPG books for my personal systems.

5 - Samus

It requires much more detail that should be shown how to do in the guide. Put the Bacardi Bat logo on his chest for kicks though. You could have him crushing Stewie in his fist as well. That'd be baddass and it pleases just about everyone.

2. But...

Needs more Decepticons.

I wanna etch an old pic of Starscream for a window :cool:

Now if only I could actually make my etches look decent :(

5 - Samus. Though that picture has an url on it, which wouldn't look too good etched onto the side of a case, would it now?

So yeah, I took the liberty of photoshopping it out:

samusfixed.jpg

Also, here's a quick filtering job of the pic if it makes the etching any easier (assuming my understanding of how the etching process works is correct).

samus_bw_edges.jpg

3 Bacardi

P.S.
4 out of 5 are cartoon caracters, so there is no other choice for me, but i got in to late i gues !

BTW, vry nice job Jess

if you are going to do samus i really suggest you send your woindow off to a company to get it laser etched. it will look much better. all you have to do is send them a picture and they will laser it on the the window

The_Dark_Hacker said:
if you are going to do samus i really suggest you send your woindow off to a company to get it laser etched. it will look much better. all you have to do is send them a picture and they will laser it on the the window
That's not the point though man, she wants to use this for an etching tutorial. I vote for Samus.

If the tutorial is fairly in-depth and it's gonna explain advanced techniques then I'd love to see Samus done... 'sides Samus is a she so you may enjoy that more than the Autobots logo. I suggested the Autobots logo because it was fairly simple and I wasn't sure the scope of the guide, once I'm ready to do my own I'll likely start with something simple like that but again... would love to see how a Samus pic would come out. I'll try and find a better one.

Edit: Ok, some of these Samus pics might work better for the etch, they're still fairly detailed, not exactly the same color scheme or pose but I wasn't spending that much time on finding it.

http://metroidgalaxy.com/samus/samuspose3black.jpg

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/538/538050/img_2281527.html

Alright guys looks like Samus is the winner...I'm scared!! LoL this will be a tough tutorial to do.

Thanks Impulse for posting this image :) I chose it out of the two because it was the best quality.
samuspose3black.jpg

Back