Estimating Water Volume

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
I'm ordering the last bits for my new loop in a 900D, trying to guesstimate what my water volume is going to be, since on this one I'm buying pre-mix and I don't want to run short when I get ready to power it up.

For now until I can get some blocks, or a new card or 2, this is the most overkill CPU loop ever haha.

Alphcool XT45 480 X-Flow in the bottom
HWL GTX 480mm in the top
D5 with Alphacool top
Koolance CPU-340 .. although I'm wanting to change that during the move
Alphacool 250mm res

Using 3/8x5/8 tubing for it all.

Will 2L be enough? Wanting go with Mayhems pastel in this one.

Why no GPU block?

Well for comparison my loop takes more than 2L (but less than 3) with a two Alphacool rads (45mm 420 and Monsta 280) EK Supremacy EVO CPU block and EK Full cover block for my GPU. That is also with 3/8" ID tubing.

I have a ridiculously large reservoir though, which drives up the numbers.

It really is frustrating that the component manufacturers don't publish the volume of their parts, isn't it?

Last edited:
If necessary you can just top it off with distilled water.

My system takes somewhat more than half a gallon. HWLabs GTX 480, GTX 280, two D5s, Alphacool Nexxxos CPU block, Heatkiller GPU block, Alphacool Repack reservoir, Bitspower MSI Big Bang Xpower II waterblock, and 1/2" ID tubing throughout. 2 L is most enough, but I would get 3 to be safe.

Why no GPU block?

Well for comparison my loop takes more than 2L (but less than 3) with a two Alphacool rads (45mm 420 and Monsta 280) EK Supremacy EVO CPU block and EK Full cover block for my GPU. That is also with 3/8" ID tubing.

I have a ridiculously large reservoir though, which drives up the numbers.

It really is frustrating that the component manufacturers don't publish the volume of their parts, isn't it?

No GPU block yet because I just picked up a R9 Nitro Fury, no one makes a FC block for it, and I havn't even seen a universal for it yet that I like.

It's really annoying they don't publish volume, at least publish it for the rads.

But at nearly 3l guesstimation at this point, $60 for coolant I'm thinking about avoiding the Pastel and just use RODI And dye heh

Buy more than you need now, buy a few gallons of distilled from the store, and whatever your mix is. Run straight distilled for a few days/week making sure everything checks out. Then when you are confident, drain the distilled and fill up with your mix. In other words save your coolant/dye/mix till after your loop is broken in with the distilled.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Back