• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ESPN NFL 2k5

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 10, 2003
Messages
1,585
Got it today...I think its much better than madden but a few things bother me

The colors of the playbook when selecting plays are just to straining on the eyes. Also the same thing when on the field look at your plays, the routes are white instead of yellow like in madden. Also the icons are extremley small over the players heads as to who to throw to.

Other than that i give it 9.5/10

And only $20 also :D
 
I picked it up on Tuesday, and am happy with my purchase. The VIP feature is interesting, as it's nice to see a breakdown of run/pass percentage as well as the percentage left/center/right playcalls. I haven't really played it enough to give a rating yet, but a few things I've noticed are that injuries seem to happen quite a bit, and there are a lot of interceptions. Then again, that's why the game has sliders to change those settings.

Has anyone tried playing it online yet?
 
I acquired the game and I must say, it is a very good one. The features are awesome, but the gameplay still blows. Running is a cheese and throwing is no easy task. There are many little things that tick me off about this game. I guess it'll hold me over until Madden 2005 arrives. But after that, I won't be accessing ESPN NFL 2K5 from EvolutionX ever again.
 
Running is extremley easy i must say, last two games i have gotten over 200 yds a game with tiki barber. Passing is a little bit more diffucult but i like that because its more realistic. Plus the ball bouncing outa the hands or off people into the air resulting in a interception happens alot more than in madden.
 
It's a good game, but IMO it really doesnt deserve all the praise it's been getting in all the reviews (kind of like it's been overhyped or something).

Graphics and presentation are top notch, and second to none. Vip is definately a neat little feature.
But I still dont like gameplay that much (especially running), and most of all... Franchise mode in this thing sucks. The sim engine stinks, and total lack of a usable depth chart makes me glad that this game was only $20.
 
i dont understand why some say franchise sucks..i havent gone way way in depth on it but everything seems to be there that madden has plus alot more
 
I always played the NFL2K series on my dreamcast and now I have NFL2K3 on my XBox. I this the same series? I remember I couldn't find an NFL2K4 last year. I'm pretty positive that I'm going to get this game regardless but am curious if it's the same series or not.
 
tjr1973 said:
I always played the NFL2K series on my dreamcast and now I have NFL2K3 on my XBox. I this the same series? I remember I couldn't find an NFL2K4 last year. I'm pretty positive that I'm going to get this game regardless but am curious if it's the same series or not.

It's the same series.
 
Shorty said:
I acquired the game and I must say, it is a very good one. The features are awesome, but the gameplay still blows. Running is a cheese and throwing is no easy task. There are many little things that tick me off about this game. I guess it'll hold me over until Madden 2005 arrives. But after that, I won't be accessing ESPN NFL 2K5 from EvolutionX ever again.


As if price were an excuse to steal anyway.....it is only 20 dollars this year and this putz still rips it off. :rolleyes:


Anyway, the default difficulty levels are dumb, bump it up to the top and use Maximum Passing, and if you know football....it will be more of a sim instead of getting 2 or 300 yard rushing games and blowing out the AI by 50+.
 
Back
Top