• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

esata controller card recommendations

extrafuzzyllama

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
303
Hi all
I am building a htpc and currently buying the parts.
I decided to go with the Gigabyte (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3) MATX mobo
But that mobo has no esata port so I am looking for a reliable low cost esata card.
I looked through newegg and found two but wanted to know if anyone has either or knows if they are good

Rosewill RC-226
Rose will RC-216
 
But that mobo has no esata port so I am looking for a reliable low cost esata card.
Cheap cards are almost all the same.

Just get the first one on your list (RC-226) if you have the PCIe slots avaliable and call it a day. :)


PS.....If you have no need for the card, just follow leeleatherwood's advice and use an internal port.

If you're not using AHCI mode there will be hotswapping problems (IF you need that feature) with leeleatherwood's advice but nothing insurmountable. :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top