Error 1335. HELP!!!!

2004raptor

Limp Gawd
I tried installing the newest COD World at War patch and go the 1335 error.

coderror.jpg

I have tried countless things that I have found on searching google.

Downloaded the patch from 5 different servers. So I know it's not the patch.

Tried to update Windows installer (doesn't work because Win7 has latest already).
Updated all drivers.
Tried to run the install from a networked pc.
Edited Boot.ini to 512MB memory
Changed CAB files to not be default in winrar
Ran memtest86+. No RAM errors.
System Restored back about a week.
Only thing I haven't done is reinstalled windows. Really hate to have to do that. This install is less than one month old.

Has anyone here personally ever had this error and what did you do to fix it?

And the only thing you didn't do, which is what the problem probably is, is try a difference CoD disc. Errors like that are usually because the disc is damaged.

And the only thing you didn't do, which is what the problem probably is, is try a difference CoD disc. Errors like that are usually because the disc is damaged.

No. This is a patch I am trying to install. As I said, I have downloaded the file from 5 totally different servers. It does not appear to be an issue with the file itself.

Reinstall the game

Download the patch on another PC and send it over to the PC in question

Reinstall the game

Download the patch on another PC and send it over to the PC in question

Thanks for the input. I thought about reinstalling the game to a different directory. Something other than default. Might do that this coming up weekend.

And, just to be sure I will download the patch from a different PC. Thanks

Get patch HASH values, then compare with the one in your computer, maybe the hard disk is going down.

I had a computer that I fixed for a client that used to checksum fail on nearly every file it downloaded via IE or via any kind of automated / scheduled patch program (antivirus definitions, software updates etc). Files downloaded via Firefox or directly copied onto the computer worked fine though.

I finally fixed it by running a repair install on Windows... this was a Vista laptop.

Really strange, still not sure what was wrong, assuming something to do with Windows file checksum process.

Let us know if you have the same problem with any other files...

Hey guys, i have the same problem and i'm tried all these things on my computer and these are do not working, so what should i do? I know this is an old post, but i hope somebody will write back to me... :/

Hey guys, i have the same problem and i'm tried all these things on my computer and these are do not working, so what should i do? I know this is an old post, but i hope somebody will write back to me... :/

Did you checksum the patches to see if they're being downloaded correctly? Would give a good place to start investigating :)

Back