eps12v extension question

hollandbk

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
78
hey guys, I ordered an extension cable for my 8 pin atx cable this one to be exact

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23932


I noticed that on the female end one of the pins is missing and two of the wires are on one pin, where on the male side all 8 wires go to 8 pins, I can easily fix this myself but I wanted to see if there was any reason why they did this before I do. Thanks in advance
 
uh oh, that link is not for an EPS extension cable.

That is a cable to convert your 8 pin aux cpu power EPS connection to an PCI-e video card aux power cable.

So I am not sure you ordered the correct thing.

This is what I think you want according to the way your post is worded.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=34_186&products_id=2514


edit: check carefully the shape and layout of the connector holes, the one you ordered should NOT match up with your motherboard and be difficult to plug in.
 
Back
Top