epic ATT network fail

stealthy123

2[H]4U
I just asked my buddy if he was a raging cum slut now, pretty normal message for he and I, apparently it went to my sister.

awkward isn't even close to the word. my phone says it went to him, she insists I just called her a cum slut.

all I can do is laugh my ass off.

Sorry for the language, real life is hilarious.

I had a similar problem with the Handcent SMS app sending messages to the wrong girlfriend and sometimes sister.

That got me in trouble more than a few times.

HA... when I was still with AT&T I had weird funky issues every once in a while.

One of the weirdest was:
My phone rang and I picked it up. It was some lady on the other end who insisted that I had called her.

One of the ongoing problems with AT&t was that somebody would call me and leave a voicemail. Sometimes I wouldn't receive the voicemail for 2-3 days. That was happening all the time.

I also had issues where people would try to call me and they would get a message that said that their number had been blocked and/or my number was not valid.

how could something like that happen?! shame on AT&T. Glad I'm on Sprint, some of my text's could cause some serious career and social implications, if they ever happened to be sent to the wrong person because of the incompetent actions of a carrier, yikes!

While not as gross, my wife and I both have problems with our phones when calling specific people. Everytime I use my phone to call my mother's cellphone, it goes directly to voicemail without ringing, and the same goes for my wife and her brother; we literally need to swap phones when we need to call those people. I called at&t's 411, and their response was, "why, that's odd."

Yeah, I doubt that was the carriers fault and it was the phone. It's a known issue on some Android phones and 3rd party SMS apps to.

Yeah, I doubt that was the carriers fault and it was the phone. It's a known issue on some Android phones and 3rd party SMS apps to.

Text roulette was an issue on HTC phones, but from my experiences with it, it could be avoided. What happened was you'd open up the text messages, select a previous threadand then it would open the thread for someone else, so as long as you double checked the phone opened the right thread you'd always text the correct person.

OP's issue sounds like he opened the correct thread, and sent the message in that thread, but it was actually sent to the wrong number.

I agree, this sounds like a phone issue. I sent my brother a text message once calling him a "stupid bitch" and every time he received a new message it would be me calling him a "stupid bitch", this went on until he reset his phone two days later...

Back