EPIA-M10000 LVDS

dodo01

n00b
So while cleaning my shed I came across a boxed EPIA-M10000 LVDS last weekend, it looked to have been lightly used haven't had time to power it up yet but assuming it works what would you guys say about running windows 98 on for retro gaming or should I just sell it off on eBay. I have no idea what makes this thing cost so much but I see them in the low to mid 100s on eBay. Any insight from you guys is appreciated

what would you guys say about running windows 98 on for retro gaming

It'd make a terrible retro gaming system. The VIA C3 was designed by the same team that made the IDT WinChip (Centaur Hauls). It was not designed with performance in mind, it targeted the low power market. A VIA C3 at 1 GHz has trouble keeping up with a Coppermine Celeron running at 700-800 MHz. The IGP is a S3 design (Unichrome) and wasn't great when new. It has significant trouble running 3D games and with only a single PCI slot, upgrade options are going to be limited.

or should I just sell it off on eBay. I have no idea what makes this thing cost so much but I see them in the low to mid 100s on eBay. Any insight from you guys is appreciated

Ebay listings are not really a valid method of determining price, you need to use the advanced search to see sold listings. Two boards sold earlier this year for $45-50, and I honestly wouldn't even pay that.

Sold listing is what I searched and apart from those 45 to 50 dollars boards you mention there was also one that sold for 129.99 last month Link. It is great that you wouldn't pay that but that wasn't a question asked. But none the less thank you for the input.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back