• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ep45-ds3r and e8400 issues

Rydawg5143

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
6,781
So i can get my cpu to go to 3.6 at 1.25v, i bumped the memory and mch up .1 but i cant seem to get the fsb up to 445 ( 4.0 Ghz) with any type of memory volt increase ( tried 1.39 even ) multi is 9, specs in sig.
 
Your e8400 might need 1.40+ to get to 4GHz. Try 1.4 and slowly go up from there, but watch your temps, and I wouldn't go much higher than 1.41. What kind of cooling are you using?

at 445fsb, your ram is running at 890MHz...shouldn't really need much voltage increase if at all on the ram, but you can try like 2.0-2.1 and see if that helps you.
 
vdroop varies. I don't think I'd call this an 'issue' really, it's just not OCing as well as you'd expected.
 
SO i got a new mobo and cpu, same as before ( 8400 and ds3r) and i'm having the issue ive been having. I OC to any amount ( 334 FSB) and my OC will reset when computer is restarted. I thought this was a cpu issue or mobo, but apparently it is not...
 
Looks like i figured it out.... I unplugged everything one by one and tried to restart my computer etc. Unplugging my seagate ext HD seems to take away the restart issue.... weird....

Now if I can figure out why my computer starts slow ( runs amazing once started though)
 
Looks like i figured it out.... I unplugged everything one by one and tried to restart my computer etc. Unplugging my seagate ext HD seems to take away the restart issue.... weird....

WTF? LOL!

Was that Ext HD connected to the X48 motherboard you had earlier?
 
Yes. So my x48 was probably fine :( oh well. Lesson learned i suppose. NEVER RULE ANYTHING OUT!!!!!
 
Phase 1: 'Get PC to run!' is complete. On to the next steps!

Phase2: Figure out why my PC takes so long to start
Phase3: Get OC back to 4.0 somehow even though the cpu dont like voltages :p

Do new cpu's? need a bit or runnign time till you can OC them. I didnt OC my 1st e8400 until i had it for a few months ( didnt know how to) and now trying to OC this new e8400 seems to not like any voltage changes.
 
Back
Top