• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Enough Power?

Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
49
Everytime I turn off my power supply my BIOS will reset. This is a built in function on the a8n32-sli deluxe, it will reset the BIOS automatically everytime you reach an unstable clock. My CPU and RAM are currently at default settings and the BIOS will still reset everytime I turn off the PSU (not when I just shutdown through windows).

I asked ASUS support what the problem might be. They told me I might have an insufficent power supply, although the TC 510 SLI has run fine for almost a year. Could this really be the problem?

I'm using PC Power&Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI. I'm running AMD x2 4800+ socket 939, a8n32 mobo, 2 gb ddr pc3200 corsair, evga 7800 gtx OC, and a fan controller with 4 fans attached. Is this power supply sufficient for my build?
 
It's definatly not a power issue. Try swapping the CMOS battery for a newer one.
 
Yea I tested the voltage on the CMOS battery, perfect. The customer support guy said it might be a grounding issue as well... and instructed me to take out the mobo and everything I needed to run the system and place it on a cardboard box and BOOT UP! Lol.
 
Yea I tested the voltage on the CMOS battery, perfect. The customer support guy said it might be a grounding issue as well... and instructed me to take out the mobo and everything I needed to run the system and place it on a cardboard box and BOOT UP! Lol.


You need to have a load on the battery to test it properly, replace it anyway.

Then call them back and tell em you did rip it all out ;) ;) ;) ;) and it still has the prob. I want to find out what BS they want next.
 
Back
Top