Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo coming Monday

It wouldn't be that bad having just one map in the demo, except some of us were playing this same map a month before so it's really getting old by now. :(

I have been playing the demo for some time and I think it is a good game. At least a very well working demo - even on Vista, too!

When I viewed some game instruction videos before playing the demo, I thought this game would be far too difficult to understand and master. Thankfully, this is not the case.

I can't figure what should be added to the gameplay or what should be changed. The 30 FPS limit is something that can be accepted after a few rounds with accurate shots.

I haven't played too much on the demo version. Too many n00bs right now. Towards the end of beta 2 the action was getting good and brutal. All the classes were being used and it was great. If i get this on release date, its going to take some time to find a good server.
But if anyone sees me...put a bullet in my head and say whats up (i'm dj_taboo there too)

If i get this on release date, its going to take some time to find a good server.
But if anyone sees me...put a bullet in my head and say whats up (i'm dj_taboo there too)

Remember the betas had a buddy list. It's not in the demo, but will be in the retail. So everyone on here can add names and hopefully get decent matches going.

Remember the betas had a buddy list. It's not in the demo, but will be in the retail. So everyone on here can add names and hopefully get decent matches going.

Doh!! Why didn't I think of that? I'll get it on release after all!
(BTW: If anyone needs artillery or sniper support, i'm ur guy)

Really? That's good news, I might order it now then. A bunch of us will have to try and meet up on there or something; that is, if you're like me and have no friends who'll play it with you. :(

Apparently a UK retailer has the game in stock now, look. 'Think I might be getting this, then! Although, do you think there's any point getting the collector's edition; what extra goodies do you get?

It comes with a dvd with concept art and making of crap. Along with a better case and some trading cards. :rolleyes:

Great! :rolleyes:
I'll just get the normal version then and save a few quid. Although, the better case is certainly attractive. Oh well, not worth the extra £7.

Will it be available through steam? It's one of the most important things for me since i live in the boonies.

Will it be available through steam? It's one of the most important things for me since i live in the boonies.
I don't think anything concrete has been announced. If it's any indication, the fact that id's entire catalog is available on steam as well as the etqw demo may help, but again, there's no official word yet.

Sheesh!
I finally got my controls tuned. Turbo button for vehicles was STUPID until i set it to a thumb button. I kept running into walls and short jumping ramps like i was "special". What a difference those few calibrations made. Now i can drift an Armadillo! Sweet!
No more falling on my face with the quad on little ramps. :D

they have the demo on steam right now. so i would guess it will be on steam at some point after its released.

Back