Ender 5 Pro

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to fix this issue. I'm trying to print a Yoda, that I got off of Thingiverse. I keep getting this....picture is attached. I've tried leveling the bed multiple times, changing the bed and extruder temperatures. Nothings seems to work. However when I print the dog and cat files that came with my SD card, they come out flawlessly. Does anyone have any suggestions.
20220128_083555.jpg
20220128_083550.jpg
20220128_083546.jpg

Bed does not look level, your purge line is showing a tilt to it. Relevel it with the paper and I would make sure to wipe down the bed with some alcohol or soap and water. Even finger oils from touching it can make it release prints.

And just incase, level means trammed against the nozzle so the nozzle is the same distance from the bed at any point on the surface. I have seen people misunderstand and use a bubble level to 'level' the bed so just making it clear

Bed does not look level, your purge line is showing a tilt to it. Relevel it with the paper and I would make sure to wipe down the bed with some alcohol or soap and water. Even finger oils from touching it can make it release prints.

And just incase, level means trammed against the nozzle so the nozzle is the same distance from the bed at any point on the surface. I have seen people misunderstand and use a bubble level to 'level' the bed so just making it clear
The bed is level. I leveled it with the paper. All four corners. I did wipe the bed down with alcohol as well. I still got these results. As previously mentioned, I started out well, but at about 10-20% into it, it does started messing up. By the way, Im not quite sure what the purge line is nor how to correct it.

teaching tech calibration

Here is a great link with steps to take to get the printer tuned and ready to go. Should help.

The things i see wrong is first layer isnt flat, raft looks a bit far from the bed, over extrusion on the outer walls, and either your nozzle crashed into the print or the adhesion to the bed just let go, which ends up being first layer issue.

teaching tech calibration

Here is a great link with steps to take to get the printer tuned and ready to go. Should help.

The things i see wrong is first layer isnt flat, raft looks a bit far from the bed, over extrusion on the outer walls, and either your nozzle crashed into the print or the adhesion to the bed just let go, which ends up being first layer issue.
I'll give it a shot, and let you know how it turns out. Thanks

Out of curiosity's sake, what is the type and brand of filament? What's the nozzle temp at?

Out of curiosity's sake, what is the type and brand of filament? What's the nozzle temp at?
It is PLA MiKA3D filament. The bed temp is 60, and the extruder temp is 210. Again, I'm not sure if this means anything, but the g-code files that came with the included SD print just fine. It is the downloaded STL then sliced files I am having problems with. I was wondering if I should change some of the slicer settings. I use the Creality Slicer.

It is PLA MiKA3D filament. The bed temp is 60, and the extruder temp is 210. Again, I'm not sure if this means anything, but the g-code files that came with the included SD print just fine. It is the downloaded STL then sliced files I am having problems with. I was wondering if I should change some of the slicer settings. I use the Creality Slicer.
Oh I would get rid of that slicer and go download cura. Google for an ender 5 profile to use with it and work from there

Oh I would get rid of that slicer and go download cura. Google for an ender 5 profile to use with it and work from there
Really? I figured the Creality Slicer would work for a Creality Product. Of course, this is an assumption on my part. I will download Cura. Again, all of this is new to me, and I appreciate everyone's patience.

Really? I figured the Creality Slicer would work for a Creality Product. Of course, this is an assumption on my part. I will download Cura. Again, all of this is new to me, and I appreciate everyone's patience.
It comes with a very very outdated version. And it is a rational way of thinking so don't feel bad. Using current cura fixes a lot of bugs, comes with a better UI and also there is a large user base so finding info or videos is easier when wanting help.

And glad you are joining the hobby! It is very rewarding, does come with a learning curve but it is good there is so much info out there now. Also good choice on your first machine, kind of jealous myself.

It comes with a very very outdated version. And it is a rational way of thinking so don't feel bad. Using current cura fixes a lot of bugs, comes with a better UI and also there is a large user base so finding info or videos is easier when wanting help.

And glad you are joining the hobby! It is very rewarding, does come with a learning curve but it is good there is so much info out there now. Also good choice on your first machine, kind of jealous myself.
I did finally get it to print. It was a bed leveling issue. I believe when I used the paper method, there was filament hanging out of the nozzle which was giving me the false indication of the slight resistance that you're suppose to look for. I'm just happy that it printed. The only thing I need to figure out now is what to do about all of this stringing??????
20220202_042521.jpg
20220202_042529.jpg
20220202_042539.jpg

Try upping your retraction. Move the distance up 1mm from where it is (dont go past 7mm). and set the retraction speed to 70mm/s.

Honestly print smaller things while tuning, it will waste less time and filament. the benchy boat is a good one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:763622

Also make sure you use a cooling fan set to 100% all the time if printing with pla, it will help.

if the stringing is just in the supports, i wouldnt worry about it though, if it is in the model then tune it. A quick pass with a hair dryer can also remove most of them.

Check out Chep’s calibration video. It covers in detail how to calibrate the flow rate and retraction and has the sample file available.

Also yes always level the bed with the nozzle hot and cleaned off. I don’t warm up the bed for leveling though some people do.

Try upping your retraction. Move the distance up 1mm from where it is (dont go past 7mm). and set the retraction speed to 70mm/s.

Honestly print smaller things while tuning, it will waste less time and filament. the benchy boat is a good one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:763622

Also make sure you use a cooling fan set to 100% all the time if printing with pla, it will help.

if the stringing is just in the supports, i wouldnt worry about it though, if it is in the model then tune it. A quick pass with a hair dryer can also remove most of them.
I'll look into this as well. I will mention, after removing the supports, it wasn't that bad at all. It seems all of the stringing was in the supports

Guys I don't need you anymore. She is printing like a champ. Just kidding.....everything is working great now. Thank you all so much for your assistance.

Guys I don't need you anymore. She is printing like a champ. Just kidding.....everything is working great now. Thank you all so much for your assistance.
Awesome to hear! See already a pro at this! Happy 3d printing!

Back