'Enable volume write-back cache' pro or con?

kandor

Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
632
Just soliciting your opinion on this option. Do you enable it or not? In my case it's a raid 0+1 (4 250gb drives).

Thanks!

Kandor
 
I have it on

But on a UPS and not doing credit card transactions etc. . Raid 5.

hmm wonder if you could turn it on for your raid 0, which I assume is your OS for faster performance but leave it off for the raid 1 mirror to help insure integrity of mirror.
 
hmm wonder if you could turn it on for your raid 0, which I assume is your OS for faster performance but leave it off for the raid 1 mirror to help insure integrity of mirror.

Raid 0+1 is different from matrix raid. Here's a diagram comparing raid 0+1 and 1+0.
raid01-vs-raid10.PNG

Matrix raid is when part of the disk is used for raid 0 and part for 1.
 
Back
Top