Employee Monitoring

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
What ya using? Client of mine in the financial world wants to monitor 10 machines. Spectorsoft was my first option and they have a network based version for $1150.

Anyone using something else?

Spectorsoft is a great product for something like this. Used it at my last job.

Search for spectorsoft on the forums, this has been talked about a few times.

what exactly do they want to monitor and why?

web access?

or other stuff

you could use a UTM to monitor what websites they go to and so on..?

or they need to see everything someone does?

if so, maybe they need to hire new employees if they cant be trusted?

I agree with MrGuvernment what do you wan't to monitor?

I use my UTM to monitor web activities/Network traffic and Spiceworks to monitor Software on the clients.

//WebFooL Untangle Evangelist

I love Spiceworks, I run it in my home lab and constantly push to use it at work lol

i use untangle for my UTM and lansweeper, gets the job done IF i need to look up someone cause of a complaint.

Spectorsoft is a great product for something like this. Used it at my last job.

Search for spectorsoft on the forums, this has been talked about a few times.

This

Had a customer in the numistics field, dealing with big buck items. The workers were constantly monitored activity wise on their laptops, by camera, etc.

Buy it, its worth way more than trying to shoehorn something that won't

should have an entire company policy made out for usage of company resources.

And make sure IT takes the buck when monitoring fails on someone but everything is working on their system.

Sitel let me go because they got black screens when monitoring me even though IT verified all services and programs were running as intended.

What I would suggest is to have on premise RHUB remote support appliance installed in order to remotely monitor employee’s desktops.

$1150 for 10 employees, Spectorsoft is a good choice! In my company, just 6 employees and my boss use keylogger to monitoring our work. It's here:http://www.anykeylogger.com/keylogger.html which is much cheaper than Spector, but as an employee monitoring, it isn't so good as spector. If just as keylogger, it's good enough I think.

Back