Empire: Total War

daveyjwin

Limp Gawd
Today's the day. I'm so excited. I played the Naval Battle on the demo like 10 times just to see what works and what doesn't, and I played the land battle like 5. I'm getting it right after work today. So Excited...

Same, I'm going to grab my copy on my lunch break. Not sure if I should pony up $70 for the CE, probably just go with the standard edition.

Still playing Rome: BI on my lappy, and have been playing the Stainless Steel 4.1 mod for M2TW in anticipation of ETW's release.

I'm feeling sick...cough...cough...better go home and check on my download...I mean lie down and rest.....

mines about done downloading, 97%, but im at work for another 5 hours :(

Then i have to wait for my kid to go take a nap another hour after that. Then maybe ill get some in!

I have been playing it all morning. Thankfully my Steam dl didn't take too long. The game is great.

The first time I played no. The second time I think it was. Left the room for a minute and came back and it was up and running.

Edit: Just loaded it now to answer your question. The load times are much better than the demo. Maybe a minute and I'm in the game.

Started my download off steam before going into work today...should be done by time I get home...

I'm kinda pissed that they didn't offer a preload either...stupid

Played the demo for 10 minutes and it put my computer into stand by mode and had to do a hard reboot.

grr i should have checked before I left for work. How many hours ago what it released? Guess I'll be playing tomorrow...

Holy shit....is this download large enough for my 2Mb line? Thanks for the non-preload. :mad:

Holy shit....is this download large enough for my 2Mb line? Thanks for the non-preload. :mad:

you could spend 12 hours downloading it or 20minutes to run to the store ;)

atleast with the latter option you do have a disk to call yours unless its got DRM

Hopefully the AI is improved over the last total war game I played where I could always beat it almost exclusively using siege weapons and archers...

Started the Steam download at 8am, it is now 11:15 and I don't even know how far along it is because it is stuck at "download starting". Worst part is I passed up starting the download on my home PC this morning because I thought I would play a little at work. Now the laptop I keep at work won't have this downloaded by the end of the day, and when I get home it will probably take all night to download on that PC. So I won't be able to play at all until sometime tomorrow.

Freaking non-preload is really sucking.

you could spend 12 hours downloading it or 20minutes to run to the store ;)

atleast with the latter option you do have a disk to call yours unless its got DRM

Um...doesn't ETW use Steam for DRM? It wont matter anyway then. And besides, Steam isn't going to give me a refund so I'm not going to pay for it twice.

I really like this game - I just spent 10+ hours playing grand campaign (Prussia).

Anyone get this game from D2D? They released the game for downloaded at 12 PST today. I downloaded it via the download manager, went to install it and it installed steam and asked me for a product key. I entered the product key to activate it and I got an error mesasge saying it "cannot install". I canceled out and tried again only this time it says it has been activated via Steam and I need to log into my Steam account to install it. Remember, I bought this from Direct2Drive.

Anyway, I log into my steam account and choose to activate a product on the my games tab. I enter the key and it informs me it has already been activated however it won't allow me to do anything.

Anyone else having issues?

An no BS about going to the store, I choose to PURCHASE my games how I want. I just would like to know if this is an isolated incident or what.

The demo was great but the load times took a while. For those that have the full version, how are the load times?

The demo was great but the load times took a while. For those that have the full version, how are the load times?

Load times are better. Starting game is 5-10 seconds waiting, starting battle is about 15-25 seconds waiting.

Anyone get this game from D2D? They released the game for downloaded at 12 PST today. I downloaded it via the download manager, went to install it and it installed steam and asked me for a product key. I entered the product key to activate it and I got an error mesasge saying it "cannot install". I canceled out and tried again only this time it says it has been activated via Steam and I need to log into my Steam account to install it. Remember, I bought this from Direct2Drive.

Anyway, I log into my steam account and choose to activate a product on the my games tab. I enter the key and it informs me it has already been activated however it won't allow me to do anything.

Anyone else having issues?

An no BS about going to the store, I choose to PURCHASE my games how I want. I just would like to know if this is an isolated incident or what.

You should contact D2D support.

I did, no word yet. I am thinking someone dropped the ball on this big time. My download folder has the steam client info in it.

How and why would D2D get the steam version? That is why I asked if anyone else had this problem.

Damn, I just spent my monthly gaming budget on FightsimX Gold and Arca Racing Sim. I forgot all about Empire:TW.

this game was supposed to be my bday present, I wonder if she remembered it comes out today...

The first time I played no. The second time I think it was. Left the room for a minute and came back and it was up and running.

Edit: Just loaded it now to answer your question. The load times are much better than the demo. Maybe a minute and I'm in the game.

Excellent, thanks.

Load times are better. Starting game is 5-10 seconds waiting, starting battle is about 15-25 seconds waiting.

Good I was afraid I might be forced to buy SSD drive to play it comfortably after demo :)

Now i only need to go to shop and take this copy they are keeping for me :)

I would like to try the game before I buy, but the demo just locks up when loading a map.

Fun game?

Is anyone having issues with graphics with the game? I keep having problems with flashing with in the in game menu where you can select your units. If I select Vsync it goes away till I start another game and it starts up again. If I deselect vsync it goes away again but comes back!

This is with the 9.2 ATI drivers and the 8.12 drivers

lots of graphical glitches, and Crashes, on my end, but besides that it has been absoloutely wonderful to play this game. hopefully CA can get us a patch quickly to address some of these issues.

at 63% on my download...hope it finishes tonite otherwise I wont be playing until after 8pm tomorrow :(

so based on some of the comments, i assume this game uses Steam as its DRM method?

if so, ill probably give the demo a shot and pick it up if it's good, because as with DoW2, getting a boxed copy and being able to download from Steam is a win win :D

Back