Emo kid gets a 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrimandEvil said:
His friend, who do you think?
I figured as much, but maybe its a huge HYPE thing from microsoft were this whole thing was staged.

If not, WRECKED!

Arkanian said:
I really would like to hear what MS does about the whole situation. Hmm...no one has even thought about "what if this is a move by Microsoft to generate buzz about 360"

Sorry, multi-billion dollar companies dont resort to bad language and leet speak forum posts to generate "buzz".This didnt generate anything except for a wave of insults and laughs at that. You'd be an idiot to consider this a stunt MS pulled.

EricNS said:
I would absolutely love to know what goes through this kids head. Mostly at the times he crafts what he will post, and when he was thinking "oh man im gunna be a super l33t dude now...", honesly something totally different than a normal person must be going on inside his head.

Well he obviously doesn't read teh intarweb about the perils of non disclosure agreements. If he did, then he probably hates his step-father.

GrandmasterGord said:
apparently a friend of emo kid took the pics.
he has a friend?

everybody knows the xbox 360 can take automated pictures of you playing it... :rolleyes:

U HAX0R said:
Am I seeing things ?

I take it you don't wear anything other than bluejeans or shorts?

That is what happens when you wear slacks.

Spectre said:
Why were you looking?

I was looking at the xbox 2 inch from there ... when I saw :eek: now if you'll excuse me I need to resume laughing. Sorry, only had 3 hours of sleep.

U HAX0R said:
Am I seeing things ?

Now I know why he fealt the need to make his e-penis bigger.

to compensate for the one he has in real life.

JJ

Still not as good as Star Wars Kid

starwarskidlegend7lr.jpg

CrimandEvil said:
Anyone else find it funny that the Xbox2 is just as large as the first one yet the PS is external? LOL

No, not really. The Xbox isn't that big (the Genesis and Saturn were larger, as well as a few other pieces of gaming hardware), and external power supplies are good. They cut down on heat and weight.

At what point did every slacker that doesn't cut his goddamn hair become Emo?

Because damn, that means I was Emo. Like ten years ago...

-dB

And shut up about the crying in the dark thing man! Fuck You!

:p

Score. Was watching "Attack of the show" On G4TV and this kid was a feature on it! Haha. Score. 15 Minutes of Horrible shame, coming right up.

jon_k said:
so what exactly is the definition of "emo"?

it is kids that dress, act, and think alike while calling others 'sheep'. Or it is the new hippie. I have no idea.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

"Emo" is not short for "Emotional." "Emo" does not mean Taking Back Sunday and Dashboard Confessional, despite what MTV has lead you to believe in the last few years. "Emo" is not sidebangs, tight pants, and male vocalists who sing like little girls about their failed relationships. "Emo" is not the use of diluted, meaningless metaphors and similes such as "My arms are like pinecones," and most definitely is not the rampant use of words such as "autumn," "heart," "knife," "bleeding," "leaves," and "razorblade."

I just thought I'd clear that up after all of these "definitions" in which I have encountered an unbelievable amount of people who try to pass off their blatantly false pretenses as fact, and are slowly infecting others with their high-horse, holier-than-thou bullshit. Because honestly, with your ridiculous definitions, Beethoven, George Gershwin, and Britney Spears are/was "emo bands."

Now, onto the real definition.

In the early 90s there was a movement in the hardcore genre that came to be known as "Emotive Hardcore," spearheaded by Rites Of Spring. Harder-core-than-thou kids, who swore by Dischord Records a la Minor Threat, actually coined the term "Emo" as something of a put-down for the kids who really liked Rites Of Spring, Indian Summer and this new wave of "Emotive" Hardcore bands. That's right, "Emo" was once not something kids called themselves. The field exploded outwards from there - Level-Plane Records has always been the most famous Emo label. Acts like Yaphet Kotto, I Hate Myself, Saetia, Hot Cross, A Day In Black And White, Funeral Diner, I Would Set Myself On Fire For You, You And I, and hosts of others came in the next decade. Most emo bands have since broken up, but there's still the occasional hold-out (again, the majority of Level-Plane Records' roster has been a procession of emo acts). Like most DIY hardcore/punk of the time, a majority found its way onto vinyl and not much else. Some people consider bands like Fugazi, and later Sunny Day Real Estate, a progression of emo, but personally, I don't quite follow that philosophy.

Often, more recently, this gets intertwined with post-hardcore, and understandably so - that's nothing to make an issue of, since well shit, at least it's close.

Since the late 90s, though, bands have been emerging in the vein of Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional, and the thousands of their clones. As far as I can tell, some lazy journalist somewhere, writing an article about them, decided "Well, fuck, no one knows what emo is anyways, so I'll call these bands "emo" - sounds more appealing than bubblegum pop rock..." and the spiral continued downwards into the current amalgomation of bands MTV has told everyone is "emo."

Somehow, people decided that "emo" meant "emotional," which is obviously bullshit, as 99% of bands make music to illicit emotion, which would make "emotional" a completely all-encompassing genre from classical to opera to pop to rap.

Hope that helps.
Taking Back Sunday, Senses Fail, and My Chemical Romance falls under the "horrible pop rock" genre, not the emo genre.

Rites of Spring is emo.

Decibel said:
At what point did every slacker that doesn't cut his goddamn hair become Emo?

Because damn, that means I was Emo. Like ten years ago...

-dB

Either that or a damn dirty hippie ;)

Holy hell I'm glad I read this thread. Fuck the little poop slide with the xbox but I'd never seen Star Wars kid before. That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. That kid could kick William Hung's ass in a fight.

versello said:
i have to agree, the title of the thread is great.

"emo kid gets a 360"... yeah, 360 up the ass!

ANd he shall forever be known on the net as "emo kid" what an aweful title. Keep up the photochops people this is great :D

Hehehehe

1. Emo
Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.
::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back