• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

EMI shielding for the front-panel audio cable?

SilverMK3

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 15, 2002
Messages
1,346
Hey
I just picked up an Auzentech Forte sound card with the built-in headphone amp. The card itself has an HD-Audio connector for your case's FP Audio jacks.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of stuff in my case (8 hard drives, RAID controller, etc.) and I'm getting a lot of interference when I try to use the front panel jacks. I will try re-routing the wires to avoid the power/data cables as much as possible, but I was also wondering where I could find some sort of EM shield wrapping or tubing for the cable itself.

Is there such a thing? Do the mesh sleaving kits for PSU's offer any EMI shielding? Is there a DIY alternative?

Thanks!
 
my front panel is noisy as hell too. it was even worse with the x-fi card that I have since returned. I actually have an Auzentech Forte on order from newegg that will hupefully be here tomorrow and I am just going to use the rear headphone jack. heck even Auzentech recommends that for best quality.

whats strange is that on all my cheap HP/Compaq and Emachines comps I have owned the front headphone jack was never noisy.
 
You can always just get an extension cord (standard 3.5mm jack) and unplug your speakers and plug in your headphones into it whenever you wanna switch... Probably sounds as good or better than most front panel connections (unless you're using high end headphones w/o an amp or something).
 
Back
Top