Elon Musk’s $500 Boring Company Flamethrower Up for Pre-order

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
In December, Elon Musk promised that if he managed to sell 50,000 Boring Company hats, he’d start selling a Boring Company flamethrower. Apparently, it wasn’t a joke.

Guaranteed to liven up any party! World's safest flamethrower! Fire extinguisher sold separately (for exorbitant amounts of money). Taxes and shipping will be added at checkout.

cbroseinak

n00b
I'm gonna buy one just to get in on the class action lawsuit this thing is going to create!!

I am patiently waiting for the day when he starts calling his employees henchmen, moves his HQ to a volcanic island, and builds a high-powered orbital laser for "energy distribution".

AceGoober

Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!
Funny as all get out that they also offer a fire extinguisher for $30 right below the flame thrower. :ROFLMAO:

DogsofJune

2[H]4U
If it wasn't for this global warming thing, this would be great for snow removal. I could clear my drive in no time.

Spartacus

[H]ard|Gawd
>>World's safest flamethrower!

True. But what's the point of that?

It's just a gas fueled toy, not a true liquid fueled flamethrower.
It's a big cigarette lighter, not a weapon.

Last edited:

0neTwo

Limp Gawd
If people eat washing detergent for fun, im expecting ~10 deaths from this. Probably from trying to eat it.

vegeta535

2[H]4U
I seeing a future Bond villain being based of Musk. The final show down will be on Mars like Moonraker was on the moon.

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
it's false that it's a secret, because now we know about it?

staticlag

[H]ard|Gawd
Im thinking people are going to be disappointed that this will only give like 20 seconds of flame

WhoMe

Gawd
Great, in CA, you know the state with year round wildfires now. How about selling boring fire extinguishers instead?

atarione

[H]ard|Gawd
yeah... I ain't going to lie a AR is a pretty shite way to deal with spiders.. not sure setting your garage on fire is an "optimal" way either..but whatever..

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm starting to feel like Musk and Chris Roberts should do a start-up together...

GDI Lord

Limp Gawd
Thanks lassiterb , now *I* want Red Dragon BP 2512 SVC 400 000 BTU Weed Dragon Backpack Propane Vapour Torch Kit with Squeeze Valve too!!

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
I guess I'm old school. I just pick up a lighter and a can of hairspray. $4.... not good for the environment though.

JMccovery

2[H]4U
LOL. Tell me you never had roman candle battles as a kid. Nowadays, not so much
Roman candles, bottle rockets, bang snaps... If it was either a projectile, could induce some pain, or made a loud enough noise to scare people, it was a 'toy'.

Childhood was such fun, dangerous, but fun.

GDI Lord

Limp Gawd
Roman candles, bottle rockets, bang snaps... If it was either a projectile, could induce some pain, or made a loud enough noise to scare people, it was a 'toy'.

Childhood was such fun, dangerous, but fun.
We used to have "Sand Clod Wars," throwing hard clumps of sand from the flowerbeds at each other (GREAT fun!) and once I hit my friend above his eyebrow with one that I didn't know had a rock inside. He says that he still has that scar today, 25-odd years later. : -)