Elevate High-end PC Setups with Lian Li’s Next Standing Desks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd is excited to launch its DK-12 and DK-16 motorized standing desks. Following the success of the DK-04 and earlier computer desk chassis, Lian Li adds a pair of more conventional standing desks to its repertoire. The DK-12 and DK-16 provide health-conscious users a stylish workspace designed with PC workstations in mind. Who better to make a desk for a PC than a case maker?

Like the DK-04, the DK-12 and DK-16 are both height-adjustable desks with an automated electric motor. Users can save up to four height settings from 69.5cm to 118.5cm using a small control console on the front of the desks. The robust motor lifts up to 120kg on the DK-12, while the heavier DK-16 is rated to lift up to 80kg. The DK-12 is the smaller of the two desks, stretching 140cm long and tapering 70-75cm wide, while the DK-16 is a longer 210cm and 75-80cm wide. Each desktop is 3cm thick. The DK-12 is available for $899.99 USD. The DK-16 will be available for $1099.99 USD.

The Human Solution has had a desk like this for some time, take a look here UPLIFT Height Adjustable Sit Stand Desk|The Human Solution
Even IKEA has a mechanized Sit/Stand desk in their BEKANT series here BEKANT Desk sit/stand - birch veneer/black - IKEA

The IKEA does have a bit less capacity but it is considerably cheaper and available with a corner and 5 sided desktop.
The HS UPLIFT desk can be purchased with a number of tops and different sizes and can be had as a lift mechanism only so you can use your own desktop.

I wished for standing desks at my last job, and now all I want is a char at my current one.

I can see the argument this could start with one person leaving it at a certain height and another coming in and B&M'ing about it being at that height. :p

I love Lian-Li, I have 2 of their older Aluminum cases that I keep using over and over for newer PC builds. However, the price of this desk is outrageous. Our company recently purchased a couple of sit/stand desks, almost identical to this, for ~$650 each. For the price, someone delivered them and set them up from the Portland area.

Holy crap, I've had a couple of the Uplift brand desks. They are the real deal. Lian Li is likely just Uplift parts rebranded and upsold at a 70% markup. Don't do it.

I like them

If I were to get one it would have to be somewhere in bwteen the DK12 and DK16 in size. The DK12 is too small at 55" wide and the DK16 is too wide at 83". 9it wouldn't fit in my office.

They'd also have to come down in price by about $700.

At $200 for the small one and $400 for the large one, these become expensive but doable. At $900 and $1,100 they are bad joke. I'd never spend that much on a desk.

Holy crap, I've had a couple of the Uplift brand desks. They are the real deal. Lian Li is likely just Uplift parts rebranded and upsold at a 70% markup. Don't do it.

Uplift desks are over priced as well.

If I go in and customize a basic black laminated UPLIFT desk in the 80" size with the memory keypad, we are talking $823. So, not as overpriced as these Lian Li desks, but still overpriced.

It's just two linear actuators and a desktop with a electronic controller. There is nothing tricky or expensive about these at all. They should be dirt cheap.

@ $249 is non-motorized

You get the frame and motors for $249 + $50 for a top or you can add your own top. They offer 3 different frames, a static frame, a single motor and a dual motor. I'm not sure where you got your information

You get the frame and motors for $249 + $50 for a top or you can add your own top. They offer 3 different frames, a static frame, a single motor and a dual motor. I'm not sure where you got your information
I see that now, the single motor one does have a bit less capacity than the dual motor, so if you want to compare apples to apples, then $349 with top or $299 in kit form. Better than the BEKANT which only has a 155 pound rating, but less than the UPLIFT at 355 pound capacity. If I was considering the IKEA, the SmartDesk seems like a better value, but compared to the Lian Li I would still opt for the Uplift which has many more options and styles available.

I just don't get these standing/sitting desks. I just get up once in a while for a break, walk around, shoot the shit, and get back to work. That's far better than just switching between standing and sitting anyway IMO.
and now all I want is a char at my current one.
What do you plan to do with the fish?

Quite a few people at my office are using the Varidesk. I see on their website it is 395 for the "little" one.

http://www.varidesk.com/?utm_source...ridesk_brand&gclid=CIqzo8b6zs4CFQIJaQodnBMJaw

When my back hurts at work, I stand up and move around or take a walk around the office if I'm not on a call. Good time to refill water/coffee/take a leak etc. I don't need no stinkin' $400 desk lift.

The HARDCORE people at work just have their cube desks adjusted to the maximum height and call it a standing desk.

At least it doesn't cost $10k. :p

image.png

All these companies are just private labeling the same product from maybe one or two chinese manufacturers. The only differences I have seen were in the tops.

I like them

If I were to get one it would have to be somewhere in bwteen the DK12 and DK16 in size. The DK12 is too small at 55" wide and the DK16 is too wide at 83". 9it wouldn't fit in my office.

They'd also have to come down in price by about $700.

At $200 for the small one and $400 for the large one, these become expensive but doable. At $900 and $1,100 they are bad joke. I'd never spend that much on a desk.
Cheapskate

If they put as much enthusiasm into making their products as into this video, then I don't want it.

My dream desk.
Wooden Counterweight Desk (or Table)
I have one problem with that. You don't take off everything off your desk when you lower / raise it. I'd like to have seen how he lowers/raises it with the kettlebell still on it.

I have one problem with that. You don't take off everything off your desk when you lower / raise it. I'd like to have seen how he lowers/raises it with the kettlebell still on it.
Whew, i thought you wanted to see him raise and lower the desk with HIM and the Kettle Bell still on it. #stillmydreamdesk

I wished for standing desks at my last job, and now all I want is a char at my current one.
Found adding a treadmill to mix made all the difference. Standing desks help some, but you eventually just start getting different pains. Whereas slowly walking all day while working leaves me feeling great.

I love my sit/stand desk, but I don't stand that much these days. The biggest advantage to me is that the main surface and keyboarding surface are independently adjustable.

I have my monitors hard mounted on the desk so it's really easy to keep it very ergonomic - even for someone really tall.

They can be very expensive, but since I work from home and spend so much time at mine, it's worth it.

Quite a few people at my office are using the Varidesk. I see on their website it is 395 for the "little" one.

Home

When my back hurts at work, I stand up and move around or take a walk around the office if I'm not on a call. Good time to refill water/coffee/take a leak etc. I don't need no stinkin' $400 desk lift.

The HARDCORE people at work just have their cube desks adjusted to the maximum height and call it a standing desk.
This is what we buy if our people want it. No one has had any complaints and seem to love them.

Back